PDA

View Full Version : disney credit card

jazzy
04-08-2008, 07:39 AM
hello fellow intercoters. it has been a year since i have visited so i hope all is well with everyone.
I have recently sent for a chase disney visa and i am quite excited, however with all the research i have done about the cards benefits, i am still confused about how i recieve discounts on park passes if i get free hotel stays ext...
if any one has this card i would love to kow how it has effected the cost of vacatio and how and what exactly do i redeem the ddrds for?
thanx ay info about this is helpful.

IloveDisney71
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
I've had a Disney visa for a while. I do not know of any special pass discounts. The only thing I've ever been offered is vacation pkg. discounts. They are often offered to Disney Visa card holders a few days before these pkgs. open to the general public.
I love the fact that I can charge my trip and have 6 months to pay it off interest free.

I redeem my reward points for souvenirs. But you can use them to help pay for your vacation too. I think you can also use your rewards points card to pay for food too (I've never done that so I'm not 100% sure of that). The card is as easy to use as a credit card.

mfeliciano
04-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Right now the have a great package offer for Disney Visa card holders. Free Dining on your disney pacakge. I got the email last night and made my reservations at 7:00AM this morning. If for travel between 8-24 and 9-20. It opens to the public on april 10th. I got it and I am very excited about it!!:mickey:

kaylamag
04-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I saw the free dining email this morning. I wish i could talk my husband into going again. We were just there in January and my plan is to go back in December 2010 and he isn't even for that!

Donald's Girl
04-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Absolutely love our Disney VISA! (Almost every time I use it someone comments on how cute the card is!)
One thing to remember is that you need to get your Rewards card ahead of time and get your Rewards dollars loaded on it. I always make sure to get it ordered early (it is good for one year) and load onto it whatever points I have accumulated. Then, the day after the last statement date before my trip, I load on what has been earned up to then. (Make sure to ask what minimum transfer amount is when you first get card so you leave a little there and can clear it out before you go.)
Since we always attach the VISA to our room, and charge all purchases with our room key, I just give Rewards card to CM at check in and they credit our account right away. That way, you don't have to worry about how much you have on it when making purchases.
We run almost everything through this card and pay it off every month. We have never had less than $200 savings on our annual vacations.
If you do Disney a lot, this is the best benefits card to own!

KylesMom
04-08-2008, 10:24 AM
We have had the Disney Visa card since Day 1, and we love it as well. However, we have "ditched" all other cards, and utilize our Disney Visa card almost exclusively for all expenditures for the month to include gas, groceries, dining, etcetera. Chase provides you 1% back in "rewards dollars" at the close of each statement.

Once you have $20 in rewards dollars, you can order your Rewards Card. At that time you can transfer funds over to the card, and utilize it toward your vacation - or many other things for that matter. Special benefits include 0% financing on a Disney package vacation, and at other times they offer savings for Disney.com, Broadway show tickets, etcetera. You will also receive 10% off at World of Disney at Disney World. They offer various discounts all the time, and they change constantly, so you need to keep an eye out for potential saving events.

Usually we take all of our rewards dollars and go on a fun shopping spree at World of Disney while on vacation. However, we've also paid a few dinners with our rewards card, too. You could potentially pay off your vacation with earned rewards dollars as well, or purchase park tickets with the money earned. :mickey:

The key is to not carry a balance with this card - the APR is high, and would negate any Reward Dollar benefits you would earn.

Also, once you order the rewards card, I would not tranfer earned dollars over to the card until you are ready to utilize them. The rewards card itself does have an expiration date, and if you have rewards money on the card, it would expire with the card. For instance, if I ordered a rewards card now, it would expire in December of 2009. If there are still rewards dollars on the card, they will expire.

jazzy
04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
thanx for all the info, i wanted to know if there is anything i cant use my points for?
can i use my ddrds to purchase an annual pass?:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
04-08-2008, 10:24 PM
There are some restaurants and shops on Disney property that are not Disney owned and don't take the rewards card.

You definitely can buy Annual Passes with the rewards dollars.

ljv1975
04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I just wanted to add that if you don't get the rewards card before you leave, you can get one at guest relations in Downtown Disney. We just did it last month.

They will give you the rewards card and you call a 1-800 number and they will transfer your rewards dollars and validate your card. You can use it immediately after the phone call.