PDA

View Full Version : Airfare

Trevdisneyvac
04-08-2008, 04:37 AM
I am flying out of Moline on airtran and I am wondering how far in advance I should get my tickets. I want the direct flight on Wed. Right now it is 1116 for the 4 of us both ways, but I see they have specials going on for travel through November. Does anyone know if they will have a special for December? I cant wait until I get to go back.

faline
04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
No way of knowing. Air fare are increasing rapidly due to fuel costs.

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2008, 09:59 AM
What time period in December will you be traveling? If it's around the holidays, I wouldn't expect those fares to go on sale. And with all the fare increases lately, I'm thinking that $279 per person might be the best that you're going to see. You probably have at least a couple of months to wait and see what will happen, but usually once you hit the 90-day mark (prior to departure) the rates only go up.

CanadianWDWFan
04-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I usually try to book my airfare at least 6 months out. I try to follow the fares for a while, usually 3-4 weeks, watching and waiting. The last two times I was lucky and got the fares on AirTran that I wanted. I did notice that the fares did go up the closer to the date of travel.

Comparing flights this year to last year, I noticed that we would be paying about $200 more for the four of us. Last year we got the airfare for $800 out of Buffalo. Today we would be paying easily $1000, So I guess if you look at how fares are going up now, you might see your fares only go up.

Only you can answer what you would be comfortable paying for your airfare. Once you do book, don't look back, start planning your trip!!

scootch713
04-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I fly out of pittsburgh and rates are high till Southwest opens flights during that time frame... so I usually wait till then to book.

WriteDisney
04-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I waited for rates to go down for March and it never happened. I thought that if Southwest announced theres that others might go down. They really didn't. We waited til January and when they still didn't go down we just pushed the trip back to September.

Travel columnists usually say that if your planning on leaving on certain days, you should book your airfare as soon as possible.

I only wished we had listened! Next time, we're going to book ours way in advance (got our September trip airfare in february). I would go with it.

But like the OP said, only you can decide what your comfortable with in terms of airfare.:mickey:

chick20679
04-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Special event pricing is just that: special.

Personally, I would buy the flights you have found for $1116.
Prices will most likely go up (not down).

If they did go on special, it would probably only be by about $20 less per person per direction.

I would rather have my tickets and know the price that I got was good, rather than worry about how high they might climb waiting on a special.
IMO.

teambricker04
04-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I think you should buy it too. I agree... the gas prices are just going to raise the prices of tix so better to buy them now.

I just booked one leg of our trip on Airtran for 69$ a ticket! AWESOME! Coming back is another story...

Taja
04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Crude oil prices are expected to continue to increase--which means jet fuel will do the same.

If you're comfortable with the rate you have, book it. And, as others noted, if you need to travel on specific dates/days, booking sooner rather than later could be advisable.

TheMartellFamily
04-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure what kind of flights are out of Moline but the prices will be increasing. Have you looked at other airlines or other airports. These maybe options of less expensive flights to WDW.

MickeyandTink
04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
We had been sitting on the fence about whether to go ahead and purchase tickets now for our trip in September, or wait a bit longer. Tickets on Monday were about $780 for the four of us which was borderline for our budget. As of today it's almost $1100. With all of the other price increases I'm hearing about down there now in Orlando, we may end up having to cancel if the price doesn't come back down. :sad: