PDA

View Full Version : AP & rates for Sept.

loopner67
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a problem. My AP is going to expire in a little over a week. I want to renew it and save money by renewing it before it lapses.

We are thinking of going back in late Sept/early October 2008. The only reason why I'd get the AP is to get a discount on the hotel. We want to try out the BC. I've had the AP for two years now and got a discount in March '06 and in April '07 (both times on the WL).

Sooooooooo, here's my question... if you were me, would you renew the AP and not know if you would even get a discount on the hotel? What do you think the chances are? Are they still coming out with AP discounts on a consistent enough basis for me to chance this? Hmm.

I need to "sell" my DH on renewing my pass, so any advice or thoughts are very welcome! :mickey:

loopner67
04-08-2008, 09:29 AM
No one has any insight on this? *** sigh ***

ibrowse17
04-08-2008, 09:37 AM
While we have had AP's for a while now, I have used AAA much more than our AP for room only discounts. It just seems like AAA has been better and more available for when we have been able to go to Disney. AP's still provide a lot of value, but having them for room discounts is not why we renew them. Sell DH on freedom to go whenever you want, other AP discounts and general Disney magic. It works on my DW:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Quite frankly, if you are not going back until September, I would let my A/P lapse for now. In essence, you are renewing a pass that won't be utilized for 5 or so months.

Remember that you do not need an active A/P to book an A/P room discount. You do need an active pass to check in to the hotel - but for booking purposes, you do not even have to have a voucher in hand.

Wait and see if A/P rates are offered. At that time you can go for the A/P room rate, and then purchase your A/P. We initially book our room with AAA discount through MJ, and then IF A/P rates are offered during our stay they'd switch us over. We haven't been able to access A/P rates for our time of year & resort for a couple of years now.

We purchase A/P's strictly on the amount of days we access the parks - which is approximately 30 over a 12-month period (annual vacation in July, then in June before the A/P expires). I'd save yourself some money now, and then if A/P rates are offered bite the bullet then.

loopner67
04-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Thank you for the responses and feedback. I really appreciate it.