PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions & info- San Angel Inn

hnybear22
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone
I am looking for some info and opinions about San Angel Inn at the Mexico Pavillion at Epcot.
We have never eaten there and I was wondering what ya'll thought about it!!
Do they serve chips and salsa when you sit down like most Mexican restaurants?? My 10 year old daughter wants to eat here when we go in Sept and I need some pointers so she wont be dissapointed!! Thanks for your help!! :D

minniemoomoo
04-07-2008, 10:40 PM
It's our family’s favorite place to eat at Epcot, and a yearly family tradition on our first night at Epcot. Even the two wives, new to our family, agree that it's their favorite. They do serve chips and salsa at the table and the atmosphere is the best in Epcot. Truly, Disney Magic. The food has always been wonderful. They did change our favorite dish last year. The Plato Mexicano. It did have a filet for the beef, now, it's just a sirloin. Still grilled and delicious, but we did miss the fillet. You'll love it. :mickey:

DreamFinder2
04-07-2008, 10:41 PM
She won't be disappointed.

We love the San Angel Inn...the food is "good". Not GREAT, but okay. But we go for the atmosphere :D. Nothing beats eating on the bank of a river with a smoking volcano on the horizon.

I believe they do serve chips and salsa before your entree arrives.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-07-2008, 10:45 PM
We enjoyed the San Angel Inn. The food is okay to good. Not the best in Disney food. However the atmosphere is awesome. We were seated right next to the water and it was very relaxing. I've had dinner and lunch....I'd recommend going with lunch. It is worth trying once. If I remember right they did serve chips and salsa. I think your daughter will enjoy it.

Disneyatic
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
This was our favorite meal on our last trip!
The food is good, not anything extraordinary, but good.
They did serve chips & salsa, but it wasn't the best. That was probably our least favorite thing we had there. It tasted like tostitos with bottled salsa. I wish they had queso that you could order, that would help alot! Their tortilla soup was really good, we got that as an appetizer.
The atmosphere is A++ here though, request a seat by the river!

pandkx3
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I have been several times and usually it's good. We went last June and it was awful. The food was bad, my son's glass broken in his hand! But I really think is was just one of those nights, because I'd been before and it was good. Request a table by the water to get a better view of the "temple". Your children will love that!:thumbsup:

JerseyDad
04-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone
I am looking for some info and opinions about San Angel Inn at the Mexico Pavillion at Epcot.
We have never eaten there and I was wondering what ya'll thought about it!!
Do they serve chips and salsa when you sit down like most Mexican restaurants?? My 10 year old daughter wants to eat here when we go in Sept and I need some pointers so she wont be dissapointed!! Thanks for your help!!

....San Angel Inn is one of our favorites, and our vacation at WDW wouldn't be the same without dinner there...at least once!! The food is a little better than just "good"....and the drinks are better!! Have a "house" margarita on the rocks...and ask for it to be made with a top shelf tequila...you will not be disappointed.

Also...the smoking volcano is great...and your daughter might be thrilled by looking for the hidden Mickey in the smoke.

Tigerinvestigator
04-08-2008, 02:15 PM
We eat at the San Angel Inn on every trip. It is probably our second favorite restaurant at WDW. The theming is amazing and we think the food is excellent. We always request a table on the water, even though we may have to wait a few extra minutes for it. Yes they do serve chips and salsa prior to your meal.:thumbsup:

lightyearfan
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
great place to dine, me and dw have never been disappointed eating at San Angel, the atmosphere is really nice as well, and when your done with a nice meal, you can take a nice boat ride, and try to find Donald:mickey:

you wont be disappointed and yes they do serve chips and salsa

enjoy your trip
Victor

moe513
04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
We love it there. Very fun inside with good food.We like the tortilla soup.

pox24
04-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I think its the most romantic of any dining location on Disney property. The food is only average but the atmosphere more than makes up for it.:thumbsup:

hnybear22
04-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks to all for your input
I made my reservations today for dinner during our sept trip!!
We are all looking forward to it!!
Thanks again:mickey:

thrillme
04-08-2008, 09:51 PM
The atmosphere seems to be pretty cool but...the food...well when you're from Texas...Mexican food elsewhere just doesn't quite cut the mustard.

katzctkpt
04-09-2008, 09:43 AM
From all the positive things said from the prior post I'll be the negative. My family and another absolutely hated the food. The place and smell was awesome and thats why we decided to try it. It was our last day and we were leaving so, we decided to give a whirl. Oh, what a mistake. To start the waiter was quite rude, the coke and sprite tasted really weird the chips & Salsa yuck :ack::ack:. My homemade salsa is 10 times better than theirs. It really tasted like tostitos and jar salsa. The entrees I don't know what it was but, it was just horrid. This is one restaurant we said we wouldn't try again. We still go inside and look around and ride this ride but, that's as far as we go. Hope you have a better experience than we did.

SBETigg
04-09-2008, 09:56 AM
The San Angel Inn gets mixed reviews, but we love it. The atmosphere is irresistible. The food is good, for the most part. The service can be spotty, but it has always been good for us.

We prefer lunch at San Angel, not sure why it has just always been our lunch place. We go every trip because my kids just love it. It has been their favorite at WDW since we started going when they were 8 and 10 (now they're going on 17 and 15).

The chips and salsa are Tostitos, as Tostitos sponsors the pavilion. Not bad, but a disappointment if you're looking for fresh homemade. My favorite things at San Angel are the appetizers, love them all. I could happily make a meal of the appetizers and a mango margarita.

thrillme
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
The chips and salsa are Tostitos, as Tostitos sponsors the pavilion. Not bad, but a disappointment if you're looking for fresh homemade. My favorite things at San Angel are the appetizers, love them all. I could happily make a meal of the appetizers and a mango margarita.

I can't imagine going to a resturant and getting bottled Salsa except maybe Taco Bell but that's just my "TEXAS" talking...but as Disney's Mango Margaritas...they can make just about anything taste good...:cloud9:

wdwgrl377
04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
San Angel Inn is my favorite place to eat at in World Showcase! We absolutely love it! I've yet to have a bad meal or waiter there.

One thing a friend of mine did was put some sugar in the salsa, and it tasted so different and it was actually good.

I love the atmosphere there too. I like to speak Spanish to the waiters/waitresses while I'm there as well! haha!

Duchess99
04-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I love San Angel Inn. The atmosphere is GREAT! The drinks :marg: are fantastic! The food is good, not great, but enjoyable nonetheless.
I would recommend going at least once :thumbsup: