PDA

View Full Version : ADRs - what do you think....trying new places?

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-07-2008, 04:29 PM
We are thinking of trying a new place every day. I'll put in bold the restaurants that we haven't tried. Could everyone let me know what you think of these? Rate them on a 1 to 4 scale. 4 being excellent and 1 being you'd never eat there again.

Also if there is something you recommend trying at one of these let me know that too. Thanks a lot for your help!

Day 1: Yak & Yeti / O'hana's
Day 2: Coral Reef / Liberty Tree Tavern
Day 3: Le Cellier / Biergarten
Day 4: Rose & Crown / Narcoossee's
Day 5: Mama Melrose
Day 6: Cinderella's Royal Table / Tony's Town Square
Day 7: Tutto Italia / Raglan Road
Day 8: Crystal Palace / California Grill

Disneyatic
04-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is probably our favorite meal in WDW. The food isn't anything fancy, but it's good and we love the atmosphere and characters! 4

Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast is great. What an awesome setting to meet the princesses in. I think that breakfast is their best meal, wasn't impressed with the dinner fare. 4 for atmosphere, 2 1/2 for food

I haven't tried any of the others. Have a blast!:mickey:

Jared
04-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is great! It's probably my favorite character meal, too. The meal is served family-style, and almost everything is delicious. I especially like the stuffing, mashed potatoes and fresh rolls with honey butter.

I've also tried Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano twice and had two very good experience. The restaurant receives mixed reviews on the boards, but my family actually likes it.

:tasty:

svarhall07
04-07-2008, 05:50 PM
On my upcoming vacation I'm trying only new places. As for your list, California Grill is one of my top 3 restaurants in all of WDW. Definately a 4!!!! The view is amazing, the food is amazing, and its only a monorail away from EPCOT and MK! For the last night it will be perfect! Liberty Tree Tavern is good (not as good as the last person claims) but still worth a visit. Its a Disney staple you can't miss. Cinderella's Royal Table must be done, no questions. Better than average Disney breakfast food in the most magical location on earth. Narcoossee's is overrated, but I still eat there. It looks like some good dining! Have fun and good eats!

busterthebronco
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Y&Y 3-
LTT 3
le cellier 4
narcoosee's 4+
mama melrose (havnt eaten there but havnt heard great things)
CRT food 3, atmoshere 4
tutto itlalia - never ever heard of it but looking forward to learning about it!
cali grill 3 (personally not that fond of it but i am in the minority for sure)
narcoosee's is easily the best of the bunch but good choices all around!:mickey:

gmgdisneymom
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Le cellier is our favorite place. We will be eating there two times on our next visit. We also love O'hana. We do not care for Mama Melrose. We are planning to try new restaurants on our next trip as well. We will be going to Coral Reef, Teppan Edo and Liberty Tree Tavern as well as LeCellier and O'hana. I just made our ressies today!

gmgdisneymom
04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Le cellier is our favorite place. We will be eating there two times on our next visit. We also love O'hana. We do not care for Mama Melrose. We are planning to try new restaurants on our next trip as well. We will be going to Coral Reef, Teppan Edo Whispering Canyon Cafe and Liberty Tree Tavern as well as LeCellier and O'hana. I just made our ressies today!

Gator
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
You've never eaten at Le Cellier OR Liberty Tree?:confused: Great scott!! You've missed the 2 best places at WDW. Prepare to gain weight :blush:

SBETigg
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Of the ones I've tried:
Day 3: Le Cellier rates a 3
Day 4: Narcoossee's rates a 4
Day 8: California Grill rates a 4.

Great choices!

Taja
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I like both LeCellier and LTT. The only thing I really dislike at LeCellier is tables crammed together. Just too crowded. But the food is good. :)

If you're on DDP, remember that CRT is 2 TS credits.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Sounds like some good choices!

Of the ones we've visited...here are my thoughts:

Liberty Tree Tavern is a 4. Good food and great character interactions...one of our favourite places at WDW!

Le Cellier is a 3. Good food, a little small and crowded, but we've enjoyed our meals there.

Mama Melrose is a 1. We really didn't like it. The food was bland, and the service so-so. Not somewhere we would go back to.

CRT...this depends on who you ask in our family. For the value of eating in the castle and meeting the princesses, it is a 4. For the food, more like a 2.5, maybe a 3. Still, a great experience.

Kairi_7378
04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
CA Grill is top notch. 4 in our books.

Tbelle1976
04-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is great! It's probably my favorite character meal, too. The meal is served family-style, and almost everything is delicious. I especially like the stuffing, mashed potatoes and fresh rolls with honey butter.

:tasty:

I also love Liberty Tree Tavern! We were in Disney the past Easter and that was the first place I thought of when I booked our Easter dinner. :thumbsup:

04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Based on the ones we've eaten at:

O'hana's 4
Biergarten 4+
Rose & Crown 1
Cinderella's Royal table 3
Crystal Palace 4

Mickey 101
04-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I would rate CRT 4 for atmosphere, 2 for food (breakfast....never tried dinner there). California Grill gets a 4 for atmosphere and a 4 for food. The things we enjoyed there were the wine, sushi, Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, flatbread and their signature dish, the pork loin with polenta. All were excellent!!

crazykids
04-08-2008, 08:26 AM
A lot of people give really bad reviews to Mama Melrose, but I tried it for myself this past February & thought it was really good! Can't speak for the other dishes, but I had the charred butcher steak & it was as good, if not better than the steak I had at Le Cellier! The one thing that I was put off by was the fact that if you want bread, it will cost you $6.99 - so no bread for us at that dinner! Le Cellier was also very good, had the NY strip. Didn't care too much for the soup that everyone raves about, but they do give you bread & it is very good! CRT was a very good breakfast, kids loved it! We're trying the lunch on our next visit. Narcoossees is one of my favorites - love the surf & turf, I go there every visit! We are trying out Yak & Yeti, Cali Grill, & Tutto Italia for the first time on our next visit, so can't report on those. Never been to Liberty Tree Tavern, kids are picky & will not eat the food :confused:

Have a good trip!

#1donaldfan
04-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Day 1: Yak & Yeti / O'hana's
Day 2: Coral Reef / Liberty Tree Tavern
Day 3: Le Cellier / Biergarten
Day 4: Rose & Crown / Narcoossee's
Day 5: Mama Melrose
Day 6: Cinderella's Royal Table / Tony's Town Square
Day 7: Tutto Italia / Raglan Road
Day 8: Crystal Palace / California Grill

Day 1 Y&Y 4 / Day 2 CR 4 / Day 3 ?? / Day 4 ??
Day 5 MM 3 / Day 6 CRT 4 / Day 7 ?? / Day 8 CG 2 good / pricy....

poeticeclipse
04-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Le Cellier- 4+++++! The salmon is awesome as is the caesar salad. For dessert try the creme brulee.

Mama Melrose- 3/4. I was surprised at how much I liked this. I've only been there once and it was a year ago. The minestrone is amazing and the tomato and mozzarella stack is my husbands favorite thing in all of WDW.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
The ones I have tried

Cinderella's Royal Table-4-Great food and even greater Magical Experience

Liberty Tree Tavern-3-Really Good Theming, Good Food

Mama Melrose's-2-Just didn't like food, okay theming but nothing special

GrmGrninGost
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern gets a 4! It's my most favorite WDW restaurant! We never miss it!

LeCellier gets a 3. It would have gotten a 4, but last time we were there we had a rotten waittress and the food was not quite as good as before.

CRT gets a 4. The food is good and the atmosphere is incredible!

California Grill? It has to be a 5! Somewhere off the scale! :mickey: