PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Resorts

Welovejiminy!
04-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I know that WDW runs specials on Value and Moderate resorts but does anyone know if they ever run specials on Deluxe? I am a POFQ regular but would love to stay at either the Polynesian or the Beach Club. However, I don't want to spend a fortune. Any inside tips?

KylesMom
04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
If you review the Deluxe Resort Pricing Matrix, you'll see that Deluxe resorts are offered a more generous "Value" season. If you book within value season, you could always apply AAA room-only discount rates (if you book early enough and they're available), thus lowering your room rate further. We are staying at WL during "Value" season, and saving an additional 15% off rack rate in July/August of this year with our AAA discount. However, we did book this room last September through MJ when 2008 rates first became available.

A few summers ago, I remember they were offering A/P rates for the Epcot deluxe resorts which included BC. It's just a matter of what resorts have vacancies at the time you travel. Obviously Disney is still trying to gauge their summer bookings since they released free dining specials for August/September, but no A/P or general discounts earlier in the summer. If A/P rates are offered, it may be worth it for you to purchase one to get the room rate.

I will also say that I haven't seen summertime A/P rates being offered at Poly, CR or WL for several years now, but we can always hope!