PDA

View Full Version : Questions about American Adventure

kimommy63
04-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Everybody!
I don't know how it's escaped our attention before. I really don't. But yesterday I finally realized in all our other trips we've never done the American Adventure attraction in Epcot. Wierd. My husband is a huge american history buff and this is right up his alley. Can anyone tell me anything about this attraction? Much obliged for the info in advance. By the way, we are currently 23 days and counting from our next trip! Woo Hoo:clappy::joy::woohoo::yay:

malip
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
The American Adventure is a great show. It uses animatronics and film to detail the history of the United States. It is hosted by Ben Franklin and Mark Twain. We love the show. I get a little emotional at the end out of pride in our country. I highly recommend it.

Disneytrotters
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
The animatronics for this show are simply incredible!!! You would swear that the horses and people are real. It is an informative and beautiful tribute to our country's history. We never miss it!!!:thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
This is one of the best shows, a must see for us. Try to schedule it so you get to hear the Voices of Liberty before the show they are phenomenal. On our last trip we were chosen as "The First Family" We got a certificate and they announced us before the show and we stood up and did our little princess waves. :D

kakn7294
04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
My whole family (kids included) love this attraction from the minute we walk into the plaza until we leave at the end of the show. Out front, we enjoy the fife and drum corp whenever we can catch them. Inside, we love the Voices of Liberty and never miss them. The show itself really immerses you in American history from the Pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock to modern day. I love the feeling of patriotism and pride I have during and after this whole show.

Jasper
04-07-2008, 04:17 PM
:ditto: I agree with everything that was said by the previous posters other than to say that we have never managed to catch the Voices of Liberty performances. We were always just about five minutes too late!

The other thing about this show is that even though I love it and the way it makes me feel about our country it is short on anything that is terribly critical of the country and treats our history in a very politically correct sort of way.

Mackflava99
04-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Definitely see it- i say so because i didnt see it for a few times because i didnt even know there was a show- its actually very good-

Terrific - especially if you have been watching the recent John adams special on HBO- it gets the American blood flowing!!!

KAJUNKING
04-07-2008, 06:56 PM
one of my favorite attractions in all of the world, best use of audio animatronics in the parks :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
It shows what America and those who transformed it is all about. Well worth it to see it. I have not seen the Voices of Liberty for many years but I would like to see it soon since everyone talks about it.

Space Mountain Man
04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Don't be surprised by the vanilla way that American history is presented...although it's real to talk about racism, or our horrifying treatment of the Native Americans, that's not what people come to Disney for. Seeing Franklin walk (does he still do that?...it's been awhile), hearing the great music of our nation...that's what I go for.

One tip...if it's a particularly crowded day, be sure to make a bee-line for this attraction as soon as they drop the rope for the World Showcase. Being in a theater for the first show, often with a less-than-full room, is a pretty nice way to start the day. Then head counter-clockwise around the world to the Maelstrom and the Mexico ride. (Then churros!!)

mouseketeer mom
04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
We saw it for the first time over Thanksgiving, having only seen the Voices of Liberty in the past and not actually going in for the show. My husband was so emotional at the end of the show he freaked the kids out!;) (He's a patriotic guy, it gets him every time) The Voices of Liberty are a not miss for me. I can't believe voices like that actually come out of a human being. I sit in amazement and swallow alot so I don't cry!:blush: They are just beautiful. Beautiful and Pure voices. I love them!

wendy*darling
04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
It's a phenomenal show.
The "war wagon" under the stage that all the different scenes are on is a feat of engineering in itself. (They used to show this on the behind the scenes tours)
The Voices of LIberty are wonderful- make sure to see them in the lobby before the show.
I never make it out of here with dry eyes! :secret:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-07-2008, 10:41 PM
This show is a must do for our family every trip. Even our kids who are 10,8 and 4 love it!

Don't miss it!!:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-08-2008, 12:15 AM
This is an absolute can't miss show!:mickey: It is probably my favorite Epcot attraction. It makes me proud to be an American! As far as "vanilla treatment" of our country, don't expect to see Hitler in Germany either! Gee Whiz!

Bobump
04-08-2008, 12:45 AM
one word

AWESOME

wdwfansince75
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
The show is great. On three different trips, I actually spent the Fourth of July in EPCOT, and visited the American Adventure on that special day. I usually prep for the show by watching the Fife and Drum group, then listen to the Voices of Liberty, and then see the show. All are wonderful.....

One year, they had a band in the building...the Mattaponi Brass or something like that....Dressed in Civil War era customes, and played songs from that era on instruments from the 1800's.

Still have, and use, the EPCOT Fourth of July mug.

The show itself is great. Doesn't give me the chills I get on visits to Gettysburg or the Alamo, or the Wall in DC, but makes me proud, and humble. Ordinary people did great things, and built a great country. Thank God for such people!

Tigerinvestigator
04-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Great show! I have always said every kid in America should have to see this show. My DD3 loves the music and can sing along with each song. She especially loves the Civil War song "Two Brothers". The new film for the Golden Dream sequence is fantastic!:thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2008, 04:48 PM
It's an outstanding show, very moving in some places. But I do have one confession to make. I have watched this show about four times and have never been able to make it through without getting sleepy!! Not that it's not interesting, but is a combination of other factors--the theater is a nice, cool place to sit after being out in the heat and sun, the chairs are very comfortable and the lighting is quite dim. So I would recommend seeing fairly early in the day before the afternoon sleepies come on (if you're like me). :blush:

DISFREAKS
04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I ditto almost everything that has been said. I can't imagine any American leaving this show and not feeling so blessed to be here. The final song , Golden Dream, brings tears to your eyes. DW loves it so much that it is her ringtone
If you want to here all the bad about our great country, just watch the network news.

SpecJoe Magic
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
The American Adventure is on my list of must-do attractions. I always try to see it on each visit to WDW.

makin_memories
04-22-2008, 12:10 AM
I love this attraction even more than the thrill rides. Possibly my favorite in all of WDW. Totally a must-see.:)

katzctkpt
04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Anything you've never done at disney you need to try at least once to say I have done it. If you don't like the first time then you don't have to repeat.
We liked the show it was really impressive.

Joy2theworld
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I used to also say that I thought this is a show that every child in America should see. It might be a "vanilla" version of our history, but it captures a lot of our story quite well. When we were there in Sept., it was the first time I saw the new ending. I kept wondering when they were going to add more of the recent events (namely Sept. 11th) and I admit that I broke down. The end segment usually always bring tears to my eyes, but these were more than little drops. It was almost like when I stepped off the NY subway at Ground Zero and thought of all those people running and screaming in fear.

Mickey91
04-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Not sure what it means to be a "vanilla version of American History" but it is extremely patriotic and shows our country's struggles and triumphs in many areas, as well as expressing hope that we will eventually overcome our differences and begin working together to take this great country into the future.

cal5755
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Mom and I saw it for the first time when we went in November last year. It is on my must see for the kids this year! I am hoping to catch the voices of liberty too as we have never heard them. I say you have to do it at least once... I am sure it will be a must do for me... I got emotional at the end... it is very patriotic.

SMike88
04-27-2008, 02:02 AM
The American Adventure is just one of those shows I've always felt that I HAVE to see every time we go. And maybe it is a little bit jaded, but I've always loved it. I always wonder though, what the international guests see it as: Is it an educational look at America's past, present and future? Or is it a fluffed up yay-us kind of show? Either way, I'll admit to getting teary during the closing montage...especially the Sept. 11th moments. (makin_memories can vouch for that..she always gets on my case about it!)
-SMike88