PDA

View Full Version : Is this true? (free dining)

JenniferS.
04-07-2008, 09:59 AM
So, I waited for exactly ONE HOUR for Disney to pick up the phone this morning. They ended up telling me that because I booked my trip online, that I have to wait until the 10th for the codes for the internet to be released. Is this true, or should I try and call again and speak w/ someone else? I don't want to wait another hour since I've gotta pay for the long distance. Should I just wait until the 10th? Thanks!

crazypoohbear
04-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Do you have the Disney Visa?
The "free dining" is only open right now to Disney Visa card holders.
It becomes available to the public on the 10th

JenniferS.
04-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, I do have a Disney Visa.

Jeff G
04-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Contact Magic Journey's. They will be able to help you. You'll get the same rates without the wait time on the phone. There must be a way to either cancel the old reservation and start a new one or to modify the existing and they can handle that for you. Threy are so easy to use and will save you the headache plus you would be using an Intercot sponsor.

mdhiggin
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I had been talking to Magical Journeys about our trip for September 19-28. Debbie over there emailed me this morning with our definite reservation with free dining. We had been concerned about missing the deal with our dates, but she told us that as long as you checked in by the 20th, you got free dining for the trip. My trip was reserved while I slept. I'm glad to know Magical Journeys was watching out for me.

slpngbty56
04-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I just got the free dining and I spent less than 5 minutes on hold before they picked up! :party: I'm so happy!!!! I was a little worried when I didn't see the free dining posted in the news section this morning...but thanks to my fellow intercotee's I had read some of the posts that said it was out, so I called and I got it!! Thanks everyone!!!:thumbsup:

sillydisneymommy
04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I was lucky enough to have the bounce back offer, although I still stressed like crazy this morning to make sure that my parents and my SIL got the free dining - and they did!!:thumbsup: And, I booked both of their reservations for them - ONLINE! I can't imagine why they would tell you that you have to call back if you booked through the Disney website. Maybe, if you booked through Travelocity, or some site like that then it might be different. If that is the case, then I would call and book a new res with Disney and free dining, and then just cancel the other one as long as there is no penalty. I would act as soon as you are able to considering how many people are jumping on this. Not that free dining won't be there Friday, but the hotel you want WITH the free dining may not be. If you are flexible about that, then you could just wait. Sorry that you had so much trouble. Good luck!;)

Jared
04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Contact Magic Journey's. They will be able to help you. You'll get the same rates without the wait time on the phone. There must be a way to either cancel the old reservation and start a new one or to modify the existing and they can handle that for you. Threy are so easy to use and will save you the headache plus you would be using an Intercot sponsor.
I agree with Jeff. I won't book another trip myself because Magical Journeys is just so incredibly convieinent. My agent, Karen, does all the work, while I start the countdown. I know I sound like an advertisement, but I stand by my testimonial. I guarantee Magical Journeys will make sure you get the best price and the free dining promotion.

:tasty:

ALEXMOMMY
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Terrisue at Magical Journeys made sure we got the free dining too.She's been soooo helpful!:mickey: We're going in Sept and I can't wait.:party:

Rella
04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Another vote for Magical Journeys! We booked a package a couple of weeks ago and before 8am this morning Terrisue had changed our reservation to reflect the discount and sent me my confirmation!! Yay! :party: Thanks Terrisue! Magical Journeys is the best/easiest way to go. Good luck!!