PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Visa dates different than bounce-back? Why?

TBY2225
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I just saw where the free dining dates for Visa holders and I assume the general public will be through September 20th. I am wondering since I was able to get the bounceback free dining through Spetember 27th, if Disney had an overwhelming response for bounceback for the week of 9-20 thur 9-27, or are we going to get lucky and not have the crowds. Is the F&W festival effecting this? What are your thoughts?

kathiep
04-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm with you, TBY2225.

We booked the bounceback too and check in on the 19th.

So now, I'm left wondering/worrying - will that week be overly crowded with people who booked the bounceback? Or can I start to get a little excited and hope that most of the free dining crowds will be gone and we might have a terrific, crowd free trip?

I don't think I'll be able to live with this for another 164 days!!

BMan62
04-07-2008, 11:26 AM
This is just conjecture on my part, but it seems like the cutoff date of 9/20 is meant for arrival date for the current offer. This means that as long as you arrive on or before 9/20 and are staying at least 3 nights, you can have the free dining for the entire length of your stay. Being that the average stay is 7 days, that would bring you to the 9/27 date from the bounceback offer.

Of course, I could be way off base with this thought....:)

MMouse6937
04-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I didn't even realize the discrepancy. We booked the bouceback last year but my parents weren't sure. Well they decided to come with us again and we had to wait until today for their free dining to come through. We are staying from 9/8-9/15 so I never looked at the cut off dates. That is strange that they would be different, but what BMan said makes sense.

TBY2225
04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I check in on the 27th. That is why I asked. Hopefully the crowds will be low!

McGoofy
04-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm just a little bummed because I knew what the bounceback dates were. I didn't get in on that offer, so I was hoping that regular free dining would correspond with the same dates. :( I don't think there have ever been separate dates for free dining before this year. I check in on the 26th, so I can't qualify.:( I guess enough people bounced back, and they didn't feel the need to offer free dining for that extra week. I did notice for the week that we will be there, the park hours did seem later than usual for what would normally be "slow" season. I hope this is not an indication that week will be super busy!

TBY2225, CONGRATS on the 500th post. It takes a long time for all these posts to add up. It's been good to see you around the boards!:tink:

MickeyandTink
04-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I check in on the 27th. That is why I asked. Hopefully the crowds will be low!

That was our thoughts too. We are likewise checking in on the 27th. :eat:
Maybe we'll see you there.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I thought that as long as you checked in by the last date, you would get free dining for the days you are staying past that date. But I called for a coworker today and the CM told me that was not the case. Of course if I called back & spoke to someone else I may have gotten another answer.

TBY2225
04-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Yes, that is true. We are checking in on the last day it is offered and we got free dining for the entire 7 days past that we are staying. We have done free dining the past 2 years as well and have always checked in on the last day.

Joy2theworld
04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Based on the replies here, I think the 27th is a popular check in date for the Bounce Back package. That is the same day we check in as well. I did read somewhere else that the policy would be different for the bounce back vs. the free dining in terms of the availability of the free dining after the 20th or 27th.