PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dinner: Le Cellier or The Yachtsman?

Carolanne
04-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone! I posted not too long ago about my DH booking a surprise WDW trip as an anniversary gift (Our first anniversary was in March, our trip is in May). I also posted that I was disappointed that I couldn't get into Le Cellier for our trip due to such short notice. A very nice CM recommended The Yachtsman for our anniversary dinner, so I booked it (neither one of us has ever eaten there). My mom is in WDW as I type and she was somehow able to book a late lunch for me & DH at Le Cellier...which happens to be the same day as our dinner at the Yachtsman (she didn't know this). Any advice/suggestions regarding Le Cellier vs. The Yachtsman for an anniversary dinner? Both restaurants know that we are celebrating a special occasion. As much as I'd love to go to both restaurants, that's an awful lot of food for two people in one day. Thanks!

Natazu
04-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't think Yachtsman is nearly as good as the other Signature Restaurants. Given the choice, I'd much rather go to Le Cellier. If you want Signature Dining around Epcot, Flying Fish Cafe is amazing.

BethieTink
04-07-2008, 08:14 AM
We spent 10 days at WDW in October for our anniversary and the best meal of the trip was the Yachtsman. We ate there the night before our anniversary and Le Cellier on our anniversary and, while Le Cellier was great, it didn't even compare to Yachtsman. We had told them it was our annivesary and at the Yachtsman, we actually had our own menus with "Happy 5th Anniversary to the Landry's" on it with Bride and Groom Mickey. Made a great keepsake.

Can't wait to go back!

Carolanne
04-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys!

Natazu, I'd love to try the Flying Fish Cafe, but DH is a bit of a picky eater--the Yachtsman is a big leap for him. As long as he can get meat & potatoes, he's ok, lol. I'm going to be in WDW in October with my mom, and maybe she & I will give the FFC a whirl.

WriteDisney
04-08-2008, 04:07 PM
If this had been 24 hours ago I would have said Le Cellier hands down. But now they got rid of the maple bbq filet from their menu, I am mildly disappointed (ok.. more then mild.. slightly devasted but I'll recover).

So, now its not as a big of a landslide (at least not for me.. the filet was my favorite!). But I still think that Le Cellier had a little something extra. The waitstaff was fun and friendly (really what makes it stand out .. at least for me) and the food was amazing! :thumbsup:

pox24
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Not even close... Go to the Yachtsman Steakhouse.:thumbsup:

Aggie97
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd go to Yachtsman Steakhouse for an anniversary dinner. :mickey:

KineGirl
04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Def the Yachtsman

Better food, better service and way more intimate atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Carolanne
04-08-2008, 10:57 PM
If this had been 24 hours ago I would have said Le Cellier hands down. But now they got rid of the maple bbq filet from their menu, I am mildly disappointed (ok.. more then mild.. slightly devasted but I'll recover).

Um...WHAT??? Oh my goodness, the Maple BBQ filet was MY meal :sad: I loved the mashed potatoes that came with it. I've tried the mushroom filet, but to me, the risotto isn't as good as the mashed potatoes. Wow. Hmm, I might have to rethink that ADR I made for October.

Anyway...I'm liking what I hear about the Yachtsman. Thanks so much everyone!

Tinkerfreak
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
The Yahtsman has a better atmosphere and the tables are further apart. While the food is very good on our last time there it was not as outstanding as we had had in the past. The filet I had was not as good as the one I had at LeCellier. If I was going for the romantic aspect I would choose Yahtsman but if I was more concerned with the food I would choose LeCellier.

Taja
04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Yachtsman Steak House, definitely. :thumbsup:

Much nicer ambience with better table spacing. :)