PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh or .... ????

Dakota Rose
04-06-2008, 07:37 PM
For our Jan 2009 trip, DH & I are taking one evening (EMH night) for date night at Epcot. We love morroccan food, but I'm worried that Marrakesh won't be comparable to what we have eaten in the past (obviously not in ND). Any thoughts on the food? Is ordering one of the feasts better than ordering separately?

If not Marrakesh, I was thinking the TS in Japan or England. I'd prefer to skip Norway, Germany and Canada TS b/c we eat that kind of food all the time.

tinkerstinker
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
We visited Marrakesh for the first time last October and its now my favorite TS place! The food is fantastic. Our server(s) were a little strange, but that could be the culture thing. he restaurant itself is gorgeous inside and we loved the food and the music. My Dh likes Tangierine Cafe better, but I told him we have to hit Marrakesh this trip also. IMO, it has the best atmosphere of any TS in WDW.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I tried Marrakesh on our last trip and was disappointed with the food. Very bland.

I'd recommend trying Rose and Crown in the UK. They have great food, great service and a nice atmosphere. Also you can sit outside there.

MissStyles
04-06-2008, 08:12 PM
The food is very good.....but I wouldn't consider it that exotic. I guess it depends on what you've had in the past. The atmosphere is very cool and that's one of the reasons we like to go to Marrakesh. I've had Morrocan food that my fiance makes that is probably better than what I can get there, but we still love to go back. The Rose and Crown is fun, you might also want to consider San Angel Inn. The atmosphere is very romantic. :)

Dakota Rose
04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks! Have either of you had morrocan food elsewhere? I'm just trying to get a standard of comparison.

ElenitaB
04-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I've had Morrocan food before, both in restaurants in my neighborhood, take-out restaurants in the neighborhood and at a friend's house. I was not impressed at all with the food at Marrakesh and found it quite greasy and unimpressive (there's a difference between "fresh fruit salad topped with mint ice cream" and fruit salad with a plain ol' pedestrian mint chocolate chip ice cream, for example). Honestly, I think the food is much better at Tangierine Cafe (except for their baklava which is just plain nasty).

I wasn't terribly impressed by the service either but that's another story.

Dakota Rose
04-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Cool! Good feedback for sure! When we were dating, we used to eat at this one morrocan restaurant in San Francisco that was very authentic. We sat on the floor and the food was amazing. I was hoping to repeat that experience, but I'm afraid of disappointment.