PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Answers

Dakota Rose
04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
You know they say there is no such thing as a stupid question. But nowhere does it say there's no such thing as a stupid answer.

I called my local Qdoba this afternoon to see if they take phone orders. The guy on the other end says, "What's a phone order?" So I said, "Can I phone in a take-out order?" His answer, "I don't know what you mean." :crazy: And we didn't have some sort of language barrier. Needless to say I had 0 confidence he'd get my order right even if he did know what a phone order was, so we ate elsewhere.

What stupid answers have you received?

daparish
04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
That is the best I have heard yet :). I don't blame you for not placing your order with him. I did call Ticketmaster to purchase four tickets to a concert. I hate sitting in the middle of an isle so I asked for four end seats. The customer service rep was very confused by this. He was trying to give me four seats each located at the end four different isles. I guess I should have specificed that I wanted them togther.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Nothing to add but I did have to chuckle!

Ed
04-07-2008, 08:34 AM
None of these happened to me, but ironically my SIL just sent me this e-mail yesterday:

I was at the checkout of a K-Mart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave the money back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor. She became indignant and informed me she was Educated and knew what she was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the Money back .... same scenario! I departed the store with the $46.64.

I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Grande Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said "buy one-get one free." "They're already buy-one-get-one-free," she said, "so I guess they're both free". She Handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.

One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!". Someone looked up at the sky and said, "Where"?

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?" When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh I don't keep up with all that stuff."

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, “has your plane arrived yet?”

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry
enough to eat 6 pieces."

:shake:

jillluvsdisney
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
TiggTigg5, those were all priceless. I think those people sound like future contestants on Battle of the Jay Walk All Stars. (Leno Fans will get that.)

MMouse6937
04-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I had a patient come in for an appt and wasn't sure when she left when she should reschedule to come back. I asked her when the last time she was here (meaning obviously before this time) and she stopped, looked at me and said "well I'm here today" Well DUH, I know you're here today, I'm looking at you! The really scary part is she's not elderly or demented, just dense. YIKES!

pink
04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
These are great- thanks for sharing! :mickey:

SgtTigger
04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
:funny::rotfl:

:shake:

:cop: :tigger:

ElenitaB
04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Those are priceless! Ed, I've laughed so hard, I'm crying.

pdrlkr
04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
:funny:

Speedy1998
04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Waitress "And how would you like those eggs cooked?"

Customer "Yes."

DisneyDudet
04-08-2008, 12:31 AM
An obvious, yet common one I encounter...

Me: What brought to the hospital today?

Patient: The ambulance

The word "why" is thought to be attacking and non-therapeutic to patients, so, I try not to use it!

crazypoohbear
04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I like it when people call my Credit union and I answer the phone,
they ask "are you a person"
I respond "yes I am"
they ask " a real person"
I respond "yes, last I checked"
they ask "Really?"
I respond "no, this is a recording":confused:
They ask "REALLY"
Then I laugh, they realize that recordings don't laugh.

I guess people are so use to having to push 1 for english that they forgot what a real person sounds like

Terra
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
:haha: :haha: oh my goodness...this is great!

Oh boy when I worked in the IT department of a college [before I went on maternity leave with DS] I heard some doozies...

One day a professor, a PH.D. mind you. . .called to tell us his computer was not turning on. So we went through all the initial troubleshooting procedures. "Push the re-set button." "Unplug the unit from the wall and plug back in." "Are any lights coming on at all?"..ect...ect...
Well finally after about 5 minutes he says...well "The box" is missing would that have anything to do with it?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....he meant the CPU and YES that had everything to do with it...then we had to stop and think...what was he doing when we asked him to push the restart button. He was turning on and off the monitor. OY! :(

One time we had a student come in and get irate with us because his email to drop a class was just not going through the email address. We asked him what email address he was sending the request too and he sent it too...get this...

[email protected]

I kid you not!!!! He just made up this email and then got mad at us for it not working! :haha:

wdwgrl377
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh those were so funny!! I haven't had anything really like those happen, but something funny that happened to me the other day at the DMV.

The guy asked me what color my eyes were.
I said, "Hazel".
He said, "No, they aren't. I'm putting brown for your eye color."
I said, "Well, if you look closely there is some green and brown in my eyes so it's hazel."
Then he said, as he was observing me carefully, "What color is your hair"?
I answered, "It depends on my mood!" He didn't crack and smile and said not another word to me. :D

disneydeb
04-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I like it when people call my Credit union and I answer the phone,
they ask "are you a person"
I respond "yes I am"
they ask " a real person"
I respond "yes, last I checked"
they ask "Really?"
I respond "no, this is a recording":confused:
They ask "REALLY"
Then I laugh, they realize that recordings don't laugh.

I guess people are so use to having to push 1 for english that they forgot what a real person sounds like

I didn't realize we had spoken before! Hello again!:D

tinksmom02
04-11-2008, 10:37 PM
These are hysterical!

I don't have any really funny ones, off the top of my head, but I work with 4 and 5 year olds, so you know I get some odd answers. Can't think of any right now, but one of my kids last year was well-known for giving me some off the wall answers...I'll try to think of some...

BronxTigger
04-11-2008, 10:56 PM
When I got my passport about 8 years ago, I gave the lady my application and the passport photos, because they have to be processed together. I had gone to get my passport photos taken and then I went directly from there to the passport office. Well, the lady is holding the photos and looking at me and asks me "Do these photos look like you?" and I said "Well, do they? You are looking at both me and the photos." She said she was required to ask that to everybody. :confused:

Stitchahula
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
When I was in labor with my first son my husband and I went to the maternity ward at the hospital after being told to by my doctor. He called to let them know to expect me. Well we and my labor pains were about 2 minutes apart so of course the nurse asks what brings me to the hospital I of course tell her back pain. I think the sarcasm went right past her because she put me into a room to "see" if I was in active labor.

Dakota Rose
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I guess now we know who all those stupid warning labels are aimed at.

I once worked in a retail shop and someone called and asked a couple questions. ONe of them was, "What's your phone number?" Ummm....you just dialed it.

DisneyDog
04-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I once ordered Eggs Benedict at a Bob Evans. The waitress asked me how I would like the eggs cooked, and what kind of bread would I like. :confused:

One that's a little more high brow than that...I once worked in a cancer research facility, in the library. The staff was made up of M.D.'s and PhD's -- educated people who are used to reading and writing research papers. I had one doctor who was looking the cited articles at the end of the research paper and asked me who "Ibid" was. I was confused until I looked at it. I actually had to explain to him that "ibid" refers you back to the previous citation. I learned that in undergraduate school, and this guy was a doctor??