PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide!!!!

sleepingbooty
04-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I just don't know what to do. I can't decide if we should plan a trip to Southern California (including Disneyland, of course) this fall, or back to WDW.

We had already talked, before our trip to WDW in 2007, about going to California this year instead. We'd probably do 3 or 4 days in San Diego (niece works at Sea World), then Anaheim for 3 or 4 days. During that time, we'd likely spend 2 days at the parks (cousin is cast member and can get us in free - at least one day), and the rest of the time visiting family and doing other touristy things.

But, when we were at WDW last year, we went ahead and booked a week this fall on a bounce-back promo (free dining). This was intended as a fall back plan in case the California thing didn't work out. But, as it gets closer, I'm really aching to get back to WDW, and not looking as forward to California. I think the thing I'd miss most would be that whole "immersion in the magic" thing that comes from being in Disney the whole time. Additionally, we wouldn't probably be able to afford one of the Disney hotels if we did the California trip (I know someone will probably suggest that). The thing is, my husband would probably rather go to CA - he gets a little tired of WDW every year, so I'm trying to work up some excitement. Help!!

MNNHFLTX
04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Rebecca, if you have never been to Disneyland and the Southern California area, I would strongly encourage you to go! Disneyland is such a cool park--when you are there you really feel the magic of Walt's dream. You get to see the "originals" of so many attractions, and how some of them have been improved so that I think they are even better than their WDW counterparts (I'm talking specifically about Space Mountain--it's fantastic there!) You would also have new ride experiences, like the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones ride, Alice in Wonderland, etc. And the Billy and the Hillbillies show at the Golden Horseshoe is a a classic (the team that plays on Sunday and Monday are commonly referred to as the "A-Team" and put on the best show).

DCA is a a lot of fun too. Grizzly Rapids is much longer (and wetter) than Kali River Rapids. And the Miner 49'ers that play daily outside the water ride are very entertaining. Tower of Terror is a completely different experience there (I really like their version better) and I think the big stage show Aladdin is just amazing.

The one thing I would suggest is that if you can afford the time and money to go three days, you will get more out of it.

We combined a trip to Disneyland and San Diego a couple of summers ago and also thought that the San Diego area was beautiful. Two of our favorite attractions there were the zoo and USS Midway, permanently docked in port there as a museum. Lots of gorgeous beaches to play on too.

I love WDW too, but was really happy that we finally made it over to the west coast and Disneyland. I'd go back in a heartbeat (and in fact, will be going back in June and September). :)

Aisling
04-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Well now, if you are looking for encouragement to come to the West Coast, let's see...

We've got gorgeous beaches (as mentioned above), very little humidity (unlike Florida), the Zoo is world famous (although I like the Wild Animal Park better), Sea World is fun, and you get to visit family!

AND you can get into Disneyland free. What more incentive do you need????

Okay, seriously, San Diego and Disneyland are both fabulous places to visit. I understand the immersion in Disney feeling you are looking for, but wouldn't it be fun to mix it up a bit? Sounds like you can go to WDW more often than you can visit California. Come on out, let this be your husband's trip and next year you can go to WDW.