PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask for some pixie dust too?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I went in for my third knee surgery on my left knee in November. Things were going really well until Valentine's Day.
I was wallking into my son's school to pick them up, turned the wrong was and felt a really bad pop in my knee.
I went in for another MRI last month and it looks like I have torn my meniscus again and did some damage to the bone graft that was placed in last years surgery.
I am going in on Tuesday for another knee surgery. Hopefully, the final one on this knee!! It will be an open incision this time vs. the arthoscopic surgery they have done in the past. They are going to fix the meniscus, do a synthetic bone graft and a lateral release. Whatever other issues there are will be addressed as well.
I will be staying awake this time again but, I am still nervous!!:(

6 weeks on crutches with three kids...again!!

Any spare good thoughts you could send my way would be much appreciated!!

offwego
04-06-2008, 11:16 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:So sorry to hear this, it seems like knees and hips are so hard to get just right with surgery.

Pixie dust and prayers on their way for a quick and full recovery!

disneydeb
04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Please accept a hug and a couple doses of dust to help you through this troubling time. :hug::pixie::pixie:

merlinmagic4
04-06-2008, 11:26 AM
:pixie: for a successful surgery and no more "pops"! I'm so sorry you have to do this again.

RedSoxFan
04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Ouch -- Sorry to hear this. I wish you lots of luck this week on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

dismommy
04-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Prayers and :pixie::pixie: coming your way.

Ms.Disney
04-06-2008, 01:55 PM
So sorry to hear about your knee! I know what it's like to have a bum knee, I can't imagine having 3 kids to take care of as well. Wishing you a speedy recovery :pixie::pixie:

MNNHFLTX
04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Sending a bunch of :pixie: for your knee. Sorry you have to go through surgery again. :(

crazypoohbear
04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Owwwww! I'm sorry that you have to go through this again. Especially with the kids to try to chase around. I hope your recovery goes quickly.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

kakn7294
04-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your continuing knee troubles. Best wishes on your upcoming surgery - hopefully this time fixes all the problems!

mrsgaribaldi
04-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

daparish
04-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie: for a speedy recovery.

Damon18
04-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Good luck with your surgery! I hope everything goes well and that this will be the last one.:pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Best wishes on a sucessful surgery & speedy recovery!:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone!

*Update* on me.

I had my surgery on Tuesday. It ended up being over 2.5 hours long. I had a spinal and planned on staying awake but, I had a "window" and could feel what they were doing so, I ended up going to sleep.
They did two synthetic bone grafts on the medial side of my knee. Both half dollar size. They also did a lateral release to help with the mistracking of my kneecap. Last but not least, they shaved away the scar tissue on the back of my patella that has been causing a lot of instabilty and pain. The surgeon tried to do the surgery arthoscopically (sp?) and was able to for the most part but, I do have a three inch incision on the inside of my knee. I can't take any of the bandages off or shower until Friday. Yuck!:blush:
This was the biggest surgery I have had with this knee and definately the most painful. I have been miserable today.:( I never take pain medication but, I have been having to take it every four hours. I have only left my bed to use the bathroom.
Thankfully my husband and good friends are a huge help.
I am in a knee immobilzer and on crutches for the next six weeks. Hopefully the pain goes away soon!!

Thanks again for the good thoughts!! At least I can go online with the lap top. Gives me something to do while sitting in bed....lol.

KineGirl
04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
om goodness! Sounds painful and hard (with those 3 kids)! Take care of yourself!!

:wishes::pixie::wishes::pixie::wishes::pixie: :wishes::pixie:

DizNee143
04-10-2008, 03:14 PM
glad that the surgery is over..
sorry you are in so much pain though..
hopefully youll be back to your good ol self in no time..
thats great you have your hubby and some friends helping you out..my mom just had knew surgery about 3 weeks ago and i know she was greatful that my dad took off work for a couple of days to be there for her and me and my sister would stop over whenever we could..every little bit of help counts!!
again hope your moving around and feeling better soon!!! :mickey:

pandkx3
04-10-2008, 05:19 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. I hope you have a speedy recovery.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
04-10-2008, 05:38 PM
More :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers for your speedy recovery.

wdwgrl377
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Here's some pixie dust for a speedy recovery!!

:pixie: :pixie:

My prayers are with you!