PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash

HairyBear
04-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Saw BPB last week.There was definetely the need for an update for something new for the old parade.BPB had lots of energy and fun. What I didn't like was the length of time it took to get towards the end of the park.The hysteria it creates isn't so great I saw several families with small children pushed and shoved even though they had planned ahead and gotten a seat well in advance of the event.Pandemonium! I would have prefered an update to the old parade rather than this new format of the parade.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, then in that case, I recommend not seeing the new MK parade next year, Parade of Dreams. It involves I believe 4 show stops?

Personally, I liked BPB. It was very energetic and fun, even I was dancing. I liked the floats and how much it involved the audience.

Hayden's Dad
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know of some spots where they stop, also does anyone know if they stop in front of the handicapped designated areas? Thanks

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-07-2008, 01:07 PM
There are two stops, and if you sit in the right area, you can catch two of the different floats. I sat near the end of the Hollywood near the entrance and was between the Monster's float and Bug's Life float. I think the first float, the Toy Story float, will stop just before the turn at the hat. When they do the second stop, this will put you where the Bug's Life float is at. I believe this is where the handicap spot is, or close to it.

Hayden's Dad
04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks Jessica :thumbsup:

Gator
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
What I didn't like was the length of time it took to get towards the end of the park.The hysteria it creates isn't so great I saw several families with small children pushed and shoved even though they had planned ahead and gotten a seat well in advance of the event.Pandemonium! I would have prefered an update to the old parade rather than this new format of the parade.

I completely agree. This is almost exactly what happened to my family at DCA. We had to wait FOREVER for the parade to get to us. When it did, there were little kids flying everywhere, running into my little girl multiple times. It was not a good experience. I only hope my trip in Dec, they'll have the Holly-Day Stars and Cars Parade. Otherwise, we'll skip Block party Bust.