PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions

Bethanymouse
04-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Hello fellow intercotees. My fiance and I are planning a trip to the world this August and we are starting to plan our dining ressies. We will be there for 10 nights and 11 days. We are up in the air about a few things.

Here are a list of our definite dining locations:
California Grill
Teppan Edo
Le Cellier
Kona Cafe
Wolfgang Puck
Ohana

Thinking of:
Spoodles
Yak and Yeti
Whispering Canyon
Tony's
Mama Melrose
Liberty Tree- lunch only
Plaze

Can you help us out with our "thinking of" list. We are really uncertain about those places. We need to chose 4 more places to eat. What would you do? Thanks!!!

Natazu
04-06-2008, 03:02 AM
First of all, your definite list looks great. Onto the second one:
Spoodles - pretty good food, spotty service, affordable
Yak and Yeti - I don't have any info on this one yet but I'd give it a try.
Whispering Canyon - Fun, decent food, good value.
Tony's - Canned Disney Italian food but huge portions
Mama Melrose - good flatbreads, ok everything else
Liberty Tree- lunch only - one of the best lunches at WDW. William Penn Pasta is great.
Plaza - Eh, you're better off at Pecos Bills IMHO

As an addendum, If you like Kona and Puck, you might like Grand Floridian Cafe, Concourse, & Marrakesh. My :twocents:

WRWDisney
04-06-2008, 08:38 AM
The list looks great. If you have not already booked, it may be problematic to get into a few, however. I would start trying right away and add on as you pick more.

In particular, you may not be able to get California Grill and Le Cellier at this point (I really hope you can, but want you to be prepared). I say this to remind you to be exceptionally flexible in your times/days as you make your requests. When being flexible, remember that August is very hot in Florida. We sometimes have breakfast, skip lunch and then have dinner as early as they start reservations (as early as 3:30 at some places i believe). This improves your chances of getting a reservation and gets you out of the heat of the day for awhile (with the parks staying open so late in August, you will still have plenty of park time).

Also, some that you did not ask about but that would be terrific substitutions, especially if some of your first choices are not available, I would highly recommend Artists Point (also at the WL, but totally different that Whispering Canyon) and Yachtsman Steak House.

Finally, while I am not the biggest buffet fan, you may want to add Boma's to your list. It is really terrific and will give you an opportunity to explore AKL if you are not already.

Best of luck and have a terrific trip. Let us know how your plans work out.

Donald
04-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Yak and Yeti was very good. I loved the duck.
Whispering Canyon has good food-but be ready for hijinks from the staff. Tony's-I agree with Natazu-canned Italian food:rotfl:

Good luck with your decisions!

JPL
04-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I really enjoyed my Lunch at Yak & Yeti in January and would suggest giving it a try :thumbsup:

Belle_0717
04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Tony's is great for lunch. I don't think dinner is worth the price.

dolphinmickey9170
04-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Thinking of:
Spoodles - Never tried

Yak and Yeti - Want to try

Whispering Canyon - Love the skillett (All you can eat) Just really loud

Tony's - Hated it

Mama Melrose - Love it, made something for us that wasn't on the menu

Liberty Tree- lunch only - Great characters, the food....nothing stand out, but good nonetheless.

Plaza - Great salads and sandwiches, we don't use dining credits here, we pay OOP! Save your dining credits for something better!

We'll be there in August too, maybe we can plan to meet. What dates are you going?

BelleBeauty
04-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I think all of your selections are great, however I really don't like Tony's. It isn't worth the price, the food just isn't up to authentic Italian standards.

Bethanymouse
04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you so much for all of your input! I really appreciate it. We made our final dining reservations this afternoon. We went with the following

California Grill
Teppan Edo
Le Cellier
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Whispering Canyon
Spoodles
Kona Cafe
Ohana's
Mama Melrose
Kona- breakfast
Yak and Yeti

We skipped Tony's and replaced it with Whispering Canyon. Le Cellier was tough to get but we were flexible and picked a different date. The others were all available no problem. We thought about Concourse previously but I believe that it closes in May for good. Thanks again for your input. What do you think of what I have booked?

WRWDisney
04-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Fantastic:number1:

Glad you were able to get CA Grill an LeCellier. I always hate sounding like a downer, but am glad it worked out with your flexibility.

We've eaten at almost all of the ones you picked and have ADR's for about half this June, so I think you have done a great job and will enjoy your dining while in the World this summer.

Have a great trip.