PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years away--what's new & worth it?

Space Mountain Man
04-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Since most of you have been to WDW a lot more than this deprived New Englander, can someone update me on what's worth seeing for the first time? My two DDs are 11 and 14, so are open to just about anything. We certainly know that Expedition Everest is on the list, but what else might some like me (who assumes he knows everything) might miss?

Last time we visited, the Red Sox were still 0-for-85 years...oh how times change!! :D

tinkerstinker
04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh wow. I'm not sure I can think of it all, but here are a few, by park:

Magic Kingdom:
1. The Haunted Mansion--there has been a fantabulous rehab done here since you last visited. The details are amazing and may take a few rides before you notice it all.
2. Its A Small World--also rehabbed. Not much difference here, but it is a bit brightened up.
3. The Laugh Floor Comedy Club---not done this, but I suppose its still there.---Where Timekeeper used to be on the edge of Tomorrowland

Epcot:
1. Spaceship Earth has been rehabbed. I won't see it until June, but it has decent reviews so far.
2. Soarin'--this ride is just like the one in Disneyland. You're brought up in front of a huge Imax screen and made to feel like you're "Flying" over orange groves, mountains, kayakers, golfers, oceans, etc. Its a great ride and you need to get here early to get a FP for a decent time. Standby lines are usually long.
3. Can't remember, but I do believe Mission Space was there your last trip??

Animal Kingdom:
1. Expedition Everest, of course--the visuals of this ride rock. You can see from different areas even outside the park and once you're inside its almost overwhelming. Its gorgeous! The ride itself isn't too intense, just lots of fun(I hate rollercoasters). There is a backwards spiral that can make you a little queasy but I think its worth it! It may not even affect you or your family.

MGM(Now Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I can't think of much here. Actually, I can't think of anything here that would be new since your last visit. There are a couple new shows, I think, but this just isn't one of our fave parks so I don't pay much attention.

Have a fun...you'll love some of the changes and possibly dislike others, but the magic is still there...enjoy and smell then roses!

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Laugh Factory at MK is sooo funny! And you could be in the show!

If youre not going until later this summer the Toy Story ride in DHS sounds amazing & so much fun! Not to mention the new Block Party Bash parade!:thumbsup:

Soarin' at Epcot is a must!

sainter
04-06-2008, 12:48 AM
The rehab at POC is very cool! :thumbsup:
Finding Nemo ride and Turtle Talk with Crush at Epcot.
The Nemo show at AK -- love this!
I will keep thinking....

Mickey 101
04-06-2008, 01:04 AM
All that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned yet is Mickey's Philharmagic in
MK. I don't think it was there five years ago. You'll love EE and Soarin'. Happy planning! :mickey:

Space Mountain Man
04-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate them. Kids were too young for Mission Space in '03, and "spinny" rides aren't too good for my insides :ack:. I had forgotten completely about Soarin'.

Please! More!! 21 days from now, I'm in the air...