PDA

View Full Version : Repeat World Hopper and Ive never ridden ..

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Ive been going to WDW at least once a year for about 15 years now and have never ridden a lot of the rides WDW is known for. None of the thrill rides except for Splash which I know alot of you will laugh and say "thats not a thrill!" LOL Im just plain too chicken. That being said I still have lots of other rides to ride and Im happy with that but the looks on ppls faces who ask me what Space Mtn is like or ToT and I tell them Ive never gone is sooo funny! Theyre always in disbelief like - "what do you DO then?"

Is anyone else like me? A no thrills kind of person?

dolphinmickey9170
04-05-2008, 05:54 PM
My husband doesn't do thrill rides either, but caught the disney bug anyway. Enough so, that he bought me DVC for our wedding. He enjoys hearing about the rides from us, but he also watches the thrills on you tube. This way, he can see what he is missing and not feel the ill effects. He is so sensative to motion that he gets queezy and dizzy just watching Philharmagic when Donald is on the flying carpet. He has to close his eyes.

BklynChick
04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Excuse me...Splash is not a thrill ride? Have you SEEN that drop!?!

Won't ride Splash, ToT or RNRC b/c they violate my two "no-no"s of rides:

- I don't like steep drops
- I don't like going upside down

However, I will ride TT, Space, Matterhorn, BTMRR and I plan on riding EE (I think that one will be right at the "no-no" border, but it just looks too cool not to ride!)

GrmGrninGost
04-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I like all the rides! But if I didn't I certainly wouldn't ride them just to impress people! Good for you! :mickey:

Buttercup
04-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Awww! I know it's scary when you think of those rides as "thrill rides"... like if you're comparing them to Six Flags thrill rides. But WDW rides are way different!

My husband is DEATHLY afraid of rollercoasters but I convinced him to go on Space Mountain and he's been going on all the WDW "thrill rides" ever since.

I think you gotta try 'em once! :mickey:
Come onnnnn! (can you hear the peer pressure in my voice! hee hee) :fresh:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I am usually there with just me and my 3 year old, so thrill rides are out... when I am lucky enough to go with friends, or solo, I will hit a couple of them. I can't do them all in one day because I get SUPER motion sick (only after I had my little one...). I did ride EE for the first time Thursday when I went for my birthday...by myself (so depressing!--luckily a very dear friend met me later in the day!) and that was awesome!!! I just wish my stomach and head could handle that stuff better. But it just takes so much out of me--like, the for at least a few hours after I feel like I have been getting over the flu or something...

mickeys_princess_mom
04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Ive been going to WDW at least once a year for about 15 years now and have never ridden a lot of the rides WDW is known for. None of the thrill rides except for Splash which I know alot of you will laugh and say "thats not a thrill!" LOL Im just plain too chicken. That being said I still have lots of other rides to ride and Im happy with that but the looks on ppls faces who ask me what Space Mtn is like or ToT and I tell them Ive never gone is sooo funny! Theyre always in disbelief like - "what do you DO then?"

Is anyone else like me? A no thrills kind of person?
:high5: I've done RNRC, Splash, Testtrack....to prove something to mySELF. BeCAUSE I was afraid, I rode RNRC twice. I just do NOT enjoy the feeling, and I am fine with only doing things I like. Nothing to prove to anybody. :mickey:

Mickey91
04-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I do not like thrill rides. I have ridden all of them but TOT and EE. I like Rockin Roller except for the take off but if they take out Aerosmith I won't like it. I don't care for BTR, SM, TT or MS. I love all the other rides. My favorite place at WDW is Fantasyland! Oh, I do enjoy Soarin' . I don't really qualify it as a thrill ride, though some do. I think the enjoyment of any amusement park, especially WDW, is doing the things that bring out the child in you. If you don't like it, don't do it.