PDA

View Full Version : Irresistible Ride songs

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Whenever we ride Figment my DD17 & I always sing the Figment Imagination song! Its not even our favorite ride! (tho we do love it) We cant help it and know we look silly! Does anyone else find themselves uncontrollably singing along on a ride?

IIImaaaaaaaagination!
IIImaaaaaaaaagination!
Dream a dream a dream a dream a dream come true!
With just a spark
from me & you (you have to point at each other here LOL)

also we sing quietly & chair dance to most of Philharmagic especially "I Just Cant Wait to be King" :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I love the CoP song! :thumbsup: :mickey:

stitch34
04-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I love the CoP song! :thumbsup: :mickey:

We love it too. It's always stuck in our head for the entire day after we ride it.:mickey:

LottaLubes
04-05-2008, 07:10 PM
I couldn't agree more..."It's a Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow..."

Of course a close runner up is..."It's A Small World After All..."

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Splash Mountain. Gotta sing the songs! Pirates too!

mouselover93
04-05-2008, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=KineGirl;1594475]Whenever we ride Figment my DD17 & I always sing the Figment Imagination song! Its not even our favorite ride! (tho we do love it) We cant help it and know we look silly! Does anyone else find themselves uncontrollably singing along on a ride?

IIImaaaaaaaagination!
IIImaaaaaaaaagination!
Dream a dream a dream a dream a dream come true!
With just a spark
from me & you (you have to point at each other here LOL)

:ditto::figment:

JMTStone
04-05-2008, 08:01 PM
My DD6 LOVES IASM. I sometimes catch her singing it at home, in the tub, doing homework, etc. She said if she owned WDW, she'd sleep there. Big dreamer!!!

I love the songs they play around AK. I've even bought a CD of the music on our last trip.

GrmGrninGost
04-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Carousel of Progress...It's a Small World...Splash Mountain theme...Grim Grinnin' Ghosts... these are a few of my favorite songs! :mickey:

Buttercup
04-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I love, love, love, love, LOVE the song from the ending of Spaceship Earth - it's instrumental and it used to be played during the descent. I downloaded it and I believe it's called "Communication Tunnel".

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S STILL THERE AFTER THE REFURB!!! :fingers:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-05-2008, 11:21 PM
I love, love, love, love, LOVE the song from the ending of Spaceship Earth - it's instrumental and it used to be played during the descent. I downloaded it and I believe it's called "Communication Tunnel".

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S STILL THERE AFTER THE REFURB!!! :fingers:
I love this, too! I'm scared to see if they've taken it out when we go back next month. Pretty much we sing songs on rides all day long!:blush: My :princess: used to like the "Living with the Land" song, but they haven't had that going lately...

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-05-2008, 11:26 PM
"How do you do? Pleased to meet you. Fine how are you?..." YAY SPLASH!

"As the moon climbs high over the dead oak tree...spooks arrive for a midnight spree... creepy creeps with eerie eyes, start to shriek and harmonize... grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!"

Krystal_Rose
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Pirates! I sing along all the way through! :D

Mickey91
04-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I pretty much sing on all of them! I just can't help myself!:blush: I even sing with Sonny at Cosmic Rays! I guess I'm hopeless!

joanna71985
04-05-2008, 11:42 PM
There are just too many to pick! I love them all!

mainemajor
04-06-2008, 09:41 AM
As soon as we start packing we start to sing Imagination. This started when our youngest fell in love with Figment YEARS ago and has stayed with the entire family. :figment:

ghost999
04-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I couldn't agree more..."It's a Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow..."

Of course a close runner up is..."It's A Small World After All..."
HAHAHA, or sry, just sharing my oppinion. Anyways, my favorite song, grim grinning ghosts, favorite ride, HM. :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-06-2008, 11:18 AM
"Its a great big beautiful tomorrow" and POTC!:thumbsup:

After MNSSHP last year we all could not get "Boo To You" out of our heads for weeks!! We ordered the CD and still listen to it in the car.

Crystal Palace
04-06-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't think there's any ride song I don't like, but "A Pirates Life for Me" and all of the Splash Mountain songs are my favorites. They put a smile on my face big time!

Belle_0717
04-06-2008, 11:34 AM
There are so many.

Yo Ho Yo Ho, Grim Grinning Ghost . . .

Veggie, Veggie, Fruit Fruit . . .

How about CoP - Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and the original Now is the Best Time. Just went down memory lane on youtube.

Great thread.

Charlee
04-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I've got to agree with CoP - I end up singing it all day after hearing it!

Even though my singing does annoy my folks :blush:

big blue and hairy
04-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I know this isn't exactly what you mean, but since I've been an Aerosmith fan since they came out, anything in the Rock-n-Rollercoaster area.....:rocker:

:sulley:

NJ Camper
04-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I also agree there are a few of them that we sing along with and i think after you have been on some of the rides its almost like you have to sing the song almost like you havebeen brainwashed or something maybe its sublimbinal messages but you just can't help your self

KineGirl
04-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I also agree there are a few of them that we sing along with and i think after you have been on some of the rides its almost like you have to sing the song almost like you havebeen brainwashed or something maybe its sublimbinal messages but you just can't help your self

Disney is the master of a catchy tune! They have that formula completely figured out. LOL Im sure some (most?all?) of you feel the same way as me in that half of the time - especially when youre not even on the ride- that you cant stop singing the song once it gets in your head whether you want to or not. :D

mouselover93
04-06-2008, 01:01 PM
i didnt add this the other day but the energy song and the aunted mansion song

crazygoalie39
04-06-2008, 01:01 PM
All of them are great! But, I would have to say the most irresistible to sing are definitely CoP, iasw, HM, PotC, and Imagination.

ryca1dreams
04-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I like to listen to the complete ride-through of Spaceship Earth (music and narration) from the Jeremy Irons era. I love the music and the pseudo-history lesson of communication.

P.S. All the music has changed, I understand.

AliceinDisney
04-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Umm I think every Disney theme song for a ride/movie is catchy but my top faves are:

Yo Ho Yo Ho-Pirate's of the Caribbean
Grim Grinning Ghosts-Haunted Mansion
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Carousel of Progress(Disney better not remove this ride :|
Pretty Good Sure as Your born-Splash Mountain
Laughing Place-Splash Mountain
The Disneyland Paris parade song-Dancing a Catchy Rythm is also another one.

AliceinDisney
04-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I also forgot CANAAAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAA Canadaaaaaaaaa from the Canadian pavillion, I get that song stuck in my head, its a great movie really makes me proud of my country's beauty.

I also find the Alice in Wonderland songs on the teacups get stuck in my head the Unbirthday song and the Card march.

letsdoitagain
04-07-2008, 07:00 AM
The how do you do song from splash is the one that gets into me head.

Darin M
04-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Yo ho, yo ho, A pirate's life for me. I love this song. This sums up my entire vacation.

pirate pixie
04-07-2008, 09:27 AM
we kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot drink up me hearties yo ho !!

I zigs and i zags i toos and i froows that's whatch you asked me and that's what you know !

FosterChild
04-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Our first big family trip to WDW was in 1989. It was Mickey's birthday year. The tune being played on the train in MK still goes through my head. Does anyone remember...

"Rollin' , rollin' on the express, rollin' on Mickey's birthday land express.

Happy birthday, H-a-a-a-py birthday. Happy, happy birthday to you."

AdventurerKim
04-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Imagination, Tikki Room (old song), Pirates, and Haunted Mansion; sometimes I hum The Main Street Electrical Parade melody. :mickey:

BandMan
04-07-2008, 01:27 PM
DW and I are always singing CoP. And I love the tune in the American Pavillion - why can't I think of it right now? :( - that one always leaves a lump in my throat.

wedway76
04-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I LOVE Splash Mountain’s song. I had to get a recording of it and Googled it to learn the lyrics!

cal5755
04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Laughing place... Splash Mountain

and COP.... we love both and sing them over and over all the time....

we have them on karaoke hee hee so when we need a fix we pop em in and sing!!

scoot241
04-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Space Mountain Entrance
Splash Mountain (all of it, but especially How Do You Do)

And many more...

loopner67
04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I will sing on pretty much any ride and attraction. I love the songs in the Country Bear Jamboree.

I even bought a CD (in Canada on a wagon thingie). It's a 2 CD set with a ton of songs from the parks. I can't remember the CoP song, so I'm going to pop in my CD and listen to it right now! LOL :D

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Our first big family trip to WDW was in 1989. It was Mickey's birthday year. The tune being played on the train in MK still goes through my head. Does anyone remember...

I remember! My family and I still spontaneously breakout into "rollin' rollin' on the express..."

:ditto: on the Jeremy Iron's Spaceship Earth voiceover and song. I love it from beginning to end, and am soooo disappointed that it's GONE. :sob::fit::angry:

One my favorite moments from a Disney video we made years ago is when we were at Splash Mountain and a man walked by humming and singing the song. So funny the random things you get on tape!

Disney does such great music.

ShanPooh
04-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterChild View Post

I sure do remember "Rollin' on Mickey's Birthdayland Express"! I was but a 9th grader back then :blush: That was back when Toon Town was Mickey's Birthdayland!

I think the ride songs really make the ride. I love the songs in Splash Mountain, HM, POTC, Small World, Space Mountain, CoP, and the former El Rio del Tiempo.
Even the background music Disney has as you enter Epcot and the Studios, the music around Frontierland and Main Street, the International Fountain - all the music in those places really sets the tone for where you are!

ShanPooh
04-08-2008, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=FosterChild;1596057] Does anyone remember...

I sure do remember "Rollin' on Mickey's Birthdayland Express"! I was but a 9th grader back then :blush: That was back when Toon Town was Mickey's Birthdayland!

I think the ride songs really make the ride. I love the songs in Splash Mountain, HM, POTC, Small World, Space Mountain, CoP, and the former El Rio del Tiempo.
Even the background music Disney has as you enter Epcot and the Studios, the music around Frontierland and Main Street, the International Fountain - all the music in those places really sets the tone for where you are!

TheMartellFamily
04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
I love the back ground music in Tommrowland, and though out EPCOT matter of fact I love most of the music everywhere. To the great music outside our room at POP century to the music walking down Main Street in MK. To the rides and attraction they are all good. I think one thing for me is the anticipation of the music of WDW which brings on my love of my vacation. I can not sing or play an instrament but the WDW music is one thing I love.

ASweetLov
04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
for me it would have to be POTC and Splash Mountain. The songs of these two rides make me:D

IloveDisney71
04-08-2008, 12:48 PM
My family loves:
#1 - Carousel of Progress
#2 - Pirates of the Caribbean
#3 - Splash Mt.
#4 - IASW

jwallace378
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
"there's a great big beautiful tomorrow"

DisneyMP3Maker
04-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Back in 1993 when Splash Mt. opened up, we couldn't understand all the words, so for the next 3 years until we went back we sang "How do you do? Mighty pleasant gretting. Pretty good show us your bum"! Still a family favorite.

Pixie Power
04-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Carousel of Progress:mickey:

foolishmortal83
04-09-2008, 08:05 AM
for me it's: splash mountain, pirates of the caribbean & CoP

cal5755
04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
ok I came back to see more posts on peoples favorite ride songs and now I can not get

There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
And tomorrow’s just a dream away

Man has a dream and that’s the start
He follows his dream with mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It’s a dream come true for you and me

So there’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away

I know I will be singing it for the rest of the day!! LOL. Oh how i wish I was sitting down in the COP watching the scenery change as the song is playing over and over in my head.

LovinWDW
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
For me it's the song from Soarin. I love the music. We have the CD and I play the Soarin track all the time.:thumbsup:

boobalk
04-09-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm not ashamed to say that at 40...something, I love to sing them all! I even have the WDW CD's in my truck, so me and my DD can sing together.(her fave is Figment, mine is POTC and The Tiki Room). Imagine the looks we get going down the road singing. If they only knew WHAT we were singing...OMG!:secret:

WelshieLover
04-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Tomorrow's Child from Space Ship Earth before they rennovated it. When my kids were small we had a tape of all the sounds from WDW. It was their favorite. We played it over and over in the car.

mrneon606
04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
My new favorite ride theme song is the one from The Seas with Nemo and Friends. That song stuck with for the whole day after we rode it.

snerd475
04-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I LOVE the Splash Mountain songs -
"How do you do?"
"Everybody has a laughing place"

It caused me to purchase a vinyl album of Song of the South, AND a... ahem... bootleg dvd of same, just for the music.

It's a sweet movie, sweet story, and the music ALWAYS makes me smile! I'm singin' it now!

Sammyjo
04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
:mickey: I find myself singing all over WDW, not just on the rides. On the bus, boats, in the stores where ever the delightful Disney music is playing. Oh, and I likely being dancing, bouncing or swaying along to the music too.

WDWFREAK101
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
About every ride song is a great, classic song which everybody sings along to and is not ashamed to. All rides except (Well for me anyway) It's A Small World. Sure it's a classic but it just isn't my "Cup Of Tea" same thing with "The Country Bear Jamboree" Everything else is awesome! I also love the ending of Universe Of Energy. I am mad that you have to sit through 45 minutes to hear it though. I wish Disney would put the songs on Itunes.

beksy
04-10-2008, 03:21 PM
It's possible to ride something without singing along? Wow, I learn something new everyday! I can't go through a ride or show without softly singing along and usually doing some kind of dance to it too, even if it is just tapping my foot. Then I randomly burst out in song all day long and it is not uncommon to see my sister and me singing and doing a little dance as we go along the walkways. :blush: We have the CDs to sing along in the car too. Disney has such great music! It adds so much to the rides!

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
i remember the old "Livin in the Land" boat ride song was imbedded in my head one day
The new song isnt as good.

But COP is still the best along with Splash Mtn and POC and "Ole Ole its showtime"- from the Tiki room

wdwgrl377
04-10-2008, 08:55 PM
What a great thread!! I've got alot of songs that I just love!!
I'd have to say that my favorite ride song would be from CoP! I also like the songs in Splash Mountain too!!

DisneyDudet
04-11-2008, 02:41 AM
DW and I are always singing CoP. And I love the tune in the American Pavillion - why can't I think of it right now? :( - that one always leaves a lump in my throat.

I believe what you are thinking is Golden Dream. They have an instramental version they play in the Entrance Plaza which, IMHO, is best!

I do have Imagination in my head, only because I'm a Figment Fanatic (see Avatar?).

I don't think that there isn't a song that isn't my favorite! I am addicted to Disney park music!

The Boo To You song is VERY catchy, that one seems to stay with you for a while!

Oh gosh, its hard to pick one now, since I played all the songs mentioned in my head as I was reading all the posts!

kbean
04-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I like the other COP song before they changed it back. Current song i like is the Laughin Place song!!!

prttynpnk
04-11-2008, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=Sean Riley Taylor's Mom;1594981
After MNSSHP last year we all could not get "Boo To You" out of our heads for weeks!! We ordered the CD and still listen to it in the car.[/QUOTE]

and YOU.....and YOU and YOU!

I loved that song!

teambricker04
04-12-2008, 12:06 AM
I could probably sing you every song! We love them all at our house and listen to several different park CDs in the car. My DS who is 3 just recently took up singing in the car (he is pretty shy about having people hear him sing). I was so proud of him the day I realized he knew all the words to IASW, CoP, and the Welcome song to MK. How sweet!

Our other favorites:
Oh Canada!
America keep on flying high! (Golden Dreams, I think)
Oh Bright Little Star from Sonny Eclipse
Imagination (Who doesn't sing this when they ride?!?!)

battle beast
04-12-2008, 01:35 PM
to me, every song is memorable because I end up sining it untill i get on the next ride, and then THAT song takes over!:thedolls:

brertosh
04-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Of course Pirates and Zip a Dee Doo Da and Laughing Place, but a song from innoventions(at DLR, haven't been to WDW yet) that I love is A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. I got my kids singing it now too.

big blue and hairy
04-12-2008, 03:03 PM
:funny:
Pretty good show us your bum"!:funny:

azdisneymom
04-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Not a ride but I love Illuminations.

huzzah4
04-13-2008, 08:32 AM
In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki room....

WDWgoofy
04-13-2008, 09:23 AM
While the songs from CoP, IASW, PoC, Spl Mtn all stay with me and kee a smile on my face, what I truly enjoy most of WDW is the background music that permeates the total environments and makes the experience unique.

The background music is so special. One that is most memorable is that that is present aound Epcot's International Gateway.

Close you eyes and you can hear the music of Main St, Future World, Hollywood Studios, Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Animal Kingdom,...

BigThunderFan
04-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Definitely CoP! That is my dad's favorite too. But the best one will always be Grim Grinnin' Ghosts :number1:

CU Tiger
04-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Splash Mountain. Gotta sing the songs! Pirates too!

These are the two that came to my mind also!:mickey:

jnfr2424
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I am always humming CoP- "Now is the time, now is the best time..." LOL

I love EVERY song in Splash Mtn
"Let's Listen to the land we all love...."
I sing Golden Wings from time to time
I miss Tommorrow's Child

and my all time fave, You can Fly from Peter Pan!

EditReject
04-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Imagination, Tikki Room (old song), Pirates, and Haunted Mansion; sometimes I hum The Main Street Electrical Parade melody. :mickey:

here here! even though it is technically not a ride, the Main Street Electrical Parade music will always hold a special place in my heart. I get chills each time I hear it.

EditReject
04-17-2008, 10:14 PM
oh yeah, can't forget about Blood on the Saddle by Big Al too! classic!

KineGirl
04-17-2008, 10:41 PM
I cant believe I forgot about that my DD loves the song Promise from the Milleniums' Illumination fireworks. They still play it after the current Illumintaions display is over. She holds my hand and sings it to me because she says its about us. Its such a moving song :cloud9: