PDA

View Full Version : Family with disability traveling with another family

Noahrk
04-05-2008, 04:47 PM
We are a family of 6- 1 of our children-our 13 year old has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair but is high functioning. We have been to disney several times and have used handicapped entrances whenever they are available for lines. In January, we will be travelling with another family (a family of 5) and there is no one with disabilities in their family. Because of the size of the party we do qualify as a Grand Gathering. Have any of you ever travelled with another family and how did you do rides together because many times with a wheelchair you end up on the rides quickly? We already get funny looks when my family gets on together DH, DS13,DS10,DD3,DS3. Any suggestions?:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
04-06-2008, 02:26 PM
1) You family can use the entrance together.
2) The other family cannot go with you.
3) Grand Gatherings does not have an influence here.
4) Unfortunately, I have no suggestion for you.
5) Other than for everyone to wait in line together.

NOTE: It would also be rude to other waiting guests to have 10-12 people get line preference. A large family, although some might complain, is fine, but to add another family is gauche.

tundramom
04-06-2008, 04:09 PM
A significant number of the queues have been redone to accomodate w/c's and ecv's, you can all wait together. We experienced this first hand last trip as my DS-I-L ended up nonweightbearing on her right knee the week before our trip. She used the ECV for everything and only a few occasions did we not all go through the regular queue.:thumbsup: