PDA

View Full Version : ECV's at the Parks

Pamelia Perkins
04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
We are heading down to the World at the end of June. My father, who is travelling with us, is disabled, although not wheelchair bound. On other trips, he has always rented an ECV when he reaches the park. Because we are going during the busier season though, I'm concerned that he will have a hard time getting one, especially since he likes to sleep in.

Neither he, nor my mother, want to rent from an outside provider, because they don't want to have to wait for a wheelchair lift bus at their resort.

Does anyone know whether they will let you reserve an ECV at the park for later that day? My husband and I are generally in the parks early, so we would have no problem paying for it and reserving it, but we'd rather not drive it around all morning while waiting for my parents to get there. Any ideas anyone???

Thanks for your help!

TheRustyScupper
04-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know whether they will let you reserve an ECV at the park for later that day? My husband and I are generally in the parks early, so we would have no problem paying for it and reserving it,

1) First-come-first-served, so no advance ressies.
2) You can get one when you arrive.
3) You can meet them when they arrive and give them the key.

cfoshe
04-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Now someone correct me if I am wrong, but all the Disney buses have chair lifts. Now if you are not staying at WDW then I do not know. I do know that when we where their this past summer my MIL used brough one with her, and every bus that picked us up at a WDW resort was set up for at least 2 spots for the chairs.