PDA

View Full Version : FL residents buying tickets

aimeewvdisney
04-05-2008, 08:27 AM
My grandmother and aunt live in FL and want to buy our tickets to Disney before we get there as a gift. We do not live in FL.....so can they buy the tickets using the FL resident rate....or have to buy regular tickets. Wasn't sure if there are names attached or what. Thanks

KylesMom
04-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately, they will have to buy regular park passes for you.

JoDisney
04-05-2008, 11:03 AM
You definitely have to buy regular passes if you are not a Florida resident. Granted your aunt will have no problem buying the Florida resident passes. Floridians can buy as many passes as they want. However, the problem arises when you take those passes and have to submit them at the park at guest services in order to get the actual ticket for entry into each park. There, they will want some proof of Florida residency. They will not validate the Florida passes at the park, if you cannot prove that you are a Florida resident with a Florida Drivers License or some other proof of residency. This means each individual has to prove Florida residency not just your aunt. Hope that helps.

DizneyRox
04-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Fl Resident tickets are meant for Florida Resident. Talk of getting around the system is at the least against the rules here on Intercot, possibly illegal and prosecutable in the state of Florida.

Edited to make more sense, originally In reference to a previous post which has since been deleted.

aimeewvdisney
04-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I didn't realize (and I'm sure my family didn't either) that it was not possible to buy multiple tickets for a group if part of them don't live in state. I certainly wouldn't stoop to do something illegal, nor would they. Disney sure gets every dime they can thats for sure! They will be getting an entire summer of blood sweat and elbow grease from me(at least the pay from it.) Although we could stay with my realatives(one of which lives in Celebration), we opted to stay on sight. I will pass the information on to family members and letthem know that the four of us will need "regular priced" tickets.

JoDisney
04-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Donald Duck 1117, Each individual person that is getting the pass has to be present at guest services in order to get the ticket processed and finalized. You have to show guest services your i.d. Any children are processed with the adult parent.