PDA

View Full Version : Is exceeding the max people per room allowed?

Jarrod
04-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Has anyone ever had more people stay in your room than the resort says is the max people per room? We are taking one extra person with us this year and are trying to avoid booking 2 rooms. We have stayed at several of the deluxe resorts and know that there is plenty of space for our two youngest to sleep at opposite ends of the day bed. But I don't want to risk having a problem once we are there. We may just have to book two rooms or a suite, but it just seems silly to spend the extra money when your not in the room that much anyway. Anyone have any experience with this or know if the maximums are strictly enforced or more of a suggestion? We certainly don't want to break any hard & fast rules. Thanks for any help. :confused:

KylesMom
04-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Disney is quite specific and stringent with regard to their occupancy rules. If each room had one extra person staying in it than fire code allowed, it would be a dangerous situation indeed if an emergency broke out.

Besides, if you are booking a room with any type of ticket or package deal, they won't allow you to book if you have too many occupants in the room. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :(

joanna71985
04-04-2008, 11:35 PM
No. Sorry.

KathyMJ
04-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Exceeding the limits is not allowed due to fire codes as stated above. It sounds as though you have six guests in your party. Have you considered a cabin at Ft. Wilderness?

crazypoohbear
04-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm sure that people have done it but would you want to risk getting the boot from Disney??
It is against the rules and the rules are in place for safety purposes. I.E. IF there were every a fire they would only be looking for 4 people and NOT 5. Who would be left behind because they found 4 people and left the room???

Kairi_7378
04-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Not unless you can convince the front desk that one person is under 3 and will sleep in a crib ;) As Kyle's Mom says, it is a matter of fire code regulations. I think the suggestion to look into the cabins is a good one. Another option would be the suites at the All Stars.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Having worked in a hotel I know it's been done, but for safety reasons you should NOT do it. If it's not feasible to get two rooms on property you may want to stay off property at less expensive hotels.

Jarrod
04-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. We go usually at least twice a year and are going to be there 3 times this year. So saving a little money was all I had in mind, but apparently my first instinct was right. Oh well, if we book the extra room, maybe we will convince some more of the family to come. 2 Rooms at the GF, OUCH! At least four of us have AP's so we won't have to buy hoppers. Thanks again for all your help.:thumbsup: