PDA

View Full Version : AOL Members, Check Your Statements

GothMickey
04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
To all members of Intercot, if you are a member of America Online, please check your monthly statements. I just printed mine out and saw a charge for $13.94. I called my back, and they verified the charge was from America Online. The transaction stated TWX (as AOL comes us as) and then Merchandise with an 877 number. I called the 877 number and received a recording asking for my phone number, then after not verifying the phone number, asking for a credit card number. I hung up and called my back. After verifying AOL was the charge, I called AOL. They stated they never charged the $13.94 and sent me to the fraud department. And again, the fraud area could not confirm where the $13.94 came from. Now I have to call my bank back to dispute the charge and to get the funds back. I just want others here to know that if you see this charge, contact your bank and AOL right away. And don't give out your credit card information if you call the 877 number. There is some major scam going on I feel.