PDA

View Full Version : May trip! Need Advice!

Zeike
04-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi! we are finally getting back to WDW may 8th to the 16th. Dw and I, a 6 year old son, plus twins (1). We are probably staying at a value resort. With that in mind would love to receive advice on: which value resort, tips for going with kids, disney transportation, and any advice for a trip with so many kids.

Also our last visit was in 2004, what should we expect to find new, most see, etc. How are the crowds during this month, we try to avoid memorial weekend.

THANKS!!!

sainter
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
First off I would say contact Magical Journeys (a sponsor of this site) ASAP and see if there are any value rooms left at the discount price! Do you need tickets also? There was also a special on packages which are a room and tickets but I don't know if there would be any of those left either!
:mickey:

KylesMom
04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I too would suggest contacting MJ to see if there are rooms eligible for the "free" park hopper & water parks & more option with the purchase of your tickets. It appears by glancing at the Disney website there are rooms available, but it would be great if you can tack the "special offer" onto your reservation.

I am partial to Disney's All Star Movies resort just because of the Disney movie theming throughout - I bet your 6-year old would get a kick outta it.

I'm sure that crowds have picked up substantially since you were last at Disney in 2004, so you'll want to take advantage of FastPass more than ever now. Disney has also added dining packages for purchase, which you may want to check out.

Of course, if you have your heart set on a character meal (Chef Mickey's or others) you may want to pick a day and try for Advance Dining Reservations as soon as you can.

Ensure that you keep cool & hydrated, take afternoon breaks with the kids - and most of all, ENJOY! Welcome back to Intercot! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
04-04-2008, 04:44 PM
OMG - 1 yo twins! - More power to you.

I would recommend trying Pop Century. It's a fun resort that your older child should enjoy and it's closer to some of the parks.

You need to be aware too, Disney is raising their price on the double strollers from 18 to 31 per day. I believe if you rent for the length of your stay it's a couple dollars less. So, you might want to bring your own stroller.

pink
04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
With that in mind would love to receive advice on: which value resort, tips for going with kids, disney transportation, and any advice for a trip with so many kids.

I would also suggest on staying at the Pop Century resort. All of the other three value resorts (music, movies and sports) all share buses so transportation can become longer with more stops and if the parks are busy, longer waits to even get onto a bus.

There is also a website I found where people give tips to going to WDW with children but I don't know if I can post it on here. :confused: PM me if you want me to give it to you. :mickey: