PDA

View Full Version : Ride phrases?

McGoofy
04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, here it is my big 1000th post!:party: I know that is small beans for some of you out there, but it took me 2 years and 2 months to reach this milestone! I wanted to think of something fun to do for this post.

Anyhow, here's the 1000th post topic: Do you have any phrases from theme park rides that you use in everyday life??

I thought of this the other day as we were driving down the road, and somebody cut us off. My husband just quietly said out loud, "Stupid Judy!" I knew exactly what he was talking about. It was a phrase from Ellen's Universe of Energy.

Ok...that wasn't a very kind example, but it was the first one that came to mind.:blush: Here's a more polite example...;) One of my best friends is a red head and also a Disney fan. When we call her up on the phone sometimes instead of saying "hello," we just say "We wants the red head." (phrase from POC.)

So all that said, do you use theme park ride phrases in everyday life? If so, you must be a hard core Disney fan!!:mickey:

:tink::minnie::mjump::figment:

DisneyDog
04-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I use the "stupid Judy" line all the time. That's my nickname for the guy we bought our house from (only I fill in his first name in place of Judy, but my DH knows what I mean and laughs)...This was a guy who balanced a light fixture in the ceiling with a metal knife:confused:...I think he earned the nickname.

I'm sure there are other things, but I can't remember them right now... I'll come back if I do!:D

DDuck66
04-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Congrats on the 1000 post!!! I just got mine about a month ago.
The one that we probably use the most is....
"Please Stand Clear of the Doors" from the monorail.

laward32
04-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Mine is "we want the redhead". I think about the monorail spiel and BTMRR safety speech as you leave the station.:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-04-2008, 02:33 PM
"Flash photography? I wouldn't. It alters the homing signal and that's not good."

LOL. I love that one.

MaxPower
04-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

KylesMom
04-04-2008, 03:14 PM
"How Come You're Not LAUGHING" from Splash Mountain. You can hear that in my house daily . . . :mickey:

PS - CONGRATS on your 1,000th post - trust me, it took me a lot longer than you to get there!

ShanPooh
04-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Hurry baaaaaaack! from Haunted Mansion :ghost:

mdearmas
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Gonzo-

"What kind of Foolishness would you like to see?"

LOL

:goofy:

DakandZakMom
04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
ShanPooh Hurry baaaaaaack! from Haunted Mansion

Be sure to bring your death certificate!!
:thedolls:

Disneyatic
04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I seem to perpetually have the Tiki Room song stuck in my head. I literally sing that song daily:blush:
The one phrase that immediately comes to mind is from Turtle Talk with Crush, TOTALLY DUDE, I always say that to DD and she thinks I am nuts.
I know there are more but I just can't think of them right now!

Congrats on the 1000th post:party:

Hayden's Dad
04-04-2008, 05:32 PM
It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all It's a small small world. :D

Hayden's Dad
04-04-2008, 05:34 PM
OOOHHH I just thought of another good one.

"Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow" From both the TTA and Star Tours.

beksy
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I use the "Hang on to Your Hats..." saying whenever I'm going somewhere with my sister and of course the Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle line whenever possible! It's not from a ride but we use "Kungaloosh" when we're eating to get curious looks from whoever we're eating with. :mickey:

Congrats on your 1000th post! :party:

McGoofy
04-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Thought of some more...We sometimes use the very southern "BYE-BYE" from Primeval Whirl at AK. Also, sometimes I refer to a friend of mine's driving as "This is the wildest ride in the wilderness" from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!;)

playdead88
04-05-2008, 07:31 AM
my dd7 and my ds14 fight all the time and the other moring my dd was watching tv and ds came downstairs and took the remote and changed the channel well needless to say this set off a screaming match - so being the voice of reason i stepped in and told ds to change it back since she was here first - so ds leaves in a huff and dd said to him, "have a magical day"

WDWRox
04-05-2008, 07:54 AM
It's usually after we've ridden it and several times within the day or week of the trip, but there's a part of the TTA spiel that mentions "the promise of tomorrow" or something like that. Randomly we'd ask my mom if she believes in that, and she won't have any idea what we're talking about. We just die laughing.

Gottaluvgoof
04-05-2008, 08:30 AM
"It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow." I use that one all the time and it drives my family crazy! :D Also, I have the "Please stand clear of the doors" on my cellphone. I play it when we get in an elevator. That also drives them crazy.

#1donaldfan
04-05-2008, 08:36 AM
congrats on your 1000th .....:party:

I can't think of any from Disney, there are so many that I love and probably use without knowing.........but from Intercot I am always saying ADR or ressie when we plan on, or are going out......I am crazy, for that I am sure, but the little pharses just stick with you...:mickey:

mouselover93
04-05-2008, 08:57 AM
"as you can plainly see imagination is best when set free." " you're right doc imagination is a BLAST!!!. "

-journey into imagination with figment.

"nobody move a muscle "

-mission space

" please do enjoy your stay "

-twilight zone tower of terror

loopner67
04-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

LOL! That's the one that won't leave my brain for months after a Disney Trip.

loopner67
04-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Congrats on hitting this Post Milestone!

We usually repeat song lyrics, but a few that come to mind....

"cha" from Turtle talk (I'm not sure how to spell it).

From a few years ago.. "Welcome to Stitch Kingdom. Have a Magical Day". My 7 year old can do that one in a Stitchy voice, too. LOL.

mrsHerbie53
04-05-2008, 10:50 AM
my dd7 and my ds14 fight all the time and the other moring my dd was watching tv and ds came downstairs and took the remote and changed the channel well needless to say this set off a screaming match - so being the voice of reason i stepped in and told ds to change it back since she was here first - so ds leaves in a huff and dd said to him, "have a magical day"

:funny: :silly:

Playdead88, that is priceless!! Good for her!! It is so cool when our kids "get it" AND "use it"!!!

GrmGrninGost
04-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Hunky Tuna Tostada??????? :mickey:

KayDee
04-05-2008, 11:45 AM
We like to use:

The doors will open auto-magically.

Keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

Stand in the "dead" centre of the room.

Gator
04-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Hey, you're drowning us. What kind of an act is this?

I'd call it an act of mercy.

OOOOhh. Hohohohohohoho.

GINNY69
04-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Congradulations on your 1000th post !!

I always sing zippety doo dah and sometimes Its a great beautiful tomorrow that I cannot get out my head once I start singing it..

pdrlkr
04-05-2008, 05:53 PM
The Monorail "Please stand clear of the doors; por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas." :thumbsup: :mickey:

Mickey91
04-06-2008, 12:00 AM
"...Off we gooooooo!" Peter Pan's Flight:mickey:

TBY2225
04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
McGoofy, my friend, I love this post! :mickey:

Congrats on your 1000 post! :tink:

Here are a few DH and I came up with the other night over a glass of :wine: :blush:

"Kongaloosh" "WHYYYYYY" and the club pledge from the Adventures Club.

“It’s a great big beautiful tomorrow."

"Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"

"Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow"

"This is the wildest ride in the wilderness"

McGoofy
04-07-2008, 03:22 PM
And another one from me...evidently, we incorporate a lot of Disney phrases into our everyday life because I keep thinking of ones!:mickey:

"And that's the way it oughta be!" (said with the same emphasis as the anti-lock brake test guy says it on Test Track!):car:

BluewaterBrad
04-07-2008, 04:40 PM
OOOHHH I just thought of another good one.

"Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow" From both the TTA and Star Tours.

Thats the one we use all the time!:mickey:

Duchess99
04-07-2008, 07:14 PM
:congrats:

"Motormania is not a crime!"
I can be a bit of a crazy driver :blush:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
:cheer: on your 1000th post!

Two random things I say:

"On this our Spaceship Earth" in Jeremy Irons' accent.

"What about ScienceScience ScienceScience...?
from the old Journey into Imagination

autumn
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
when there was the old fed ex ending on space mountain, there was a scene with a robo dog and a package, and the announcer said, "in the future, packages will be sent on beams of light" in this really snappy retro announcer voice. we use "in the future" in that voice all the time whenever we encounter something that is either legitimately cool technologically or that fails miserabley at being technologically cool.

McGoofy
04-08-2008, 05:35 PM
when there was the old fed ex ending on space mountain, there was a scene with a robo dog and a package, and the announcer said, "in the future, packages will be sent on beams of light" in this really snappy retro announcer voice. we use "in the future" in that voice all the time whenever we encounter something that is either legitimately cool technologically or that fails miserabley at being technologically cool.

Oh yeah...that's a great one. I had forgotten about that. :thumbsup: We used to say that too. Now it is stuck in my head again.:bang::silly:

DisneyFreak23
04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
The Monorail "Please stand clear of the doors; por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas." :thumbsup: :mickey:

My mom and I memorized it, it took us forever to get the words right. then i googled it.:D

jaredkari
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
My wife's would be:

"Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
(please stand clear of the doors monorail)

Mine would definately be:

"No privacy in this place!"

COP

Stich8818
04-08-2008, 07:24 PM
I have "Theres a great big beautiful tomorow" on my emails that go out...and when my DW asks me to do something ie..."Can you take out the garbage?"...to my response is I cannot take out the garbage....my lumbego isnt acting up"

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
"We wants the redhead!" even Miss Emma says it... love it!

Girliegirlbud
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Congrats on the 1000th post! :thumbsup:

From the "extinct" version:

Imagination
Imagination
A dream can be a dream come true
With just that spark
In me and you

Usually I sing it, off key, at work. :blush:

Also, thought it's not part of an official soundtrack, my family quotes my sister - on RRC, screamed from the back, "What's WRONG with you people???"

(she doesn't like coasters. at all. Wouldn't even ride SM after that!)

DisneyMP3Maker
04-08-2008, 11:53 PM
There aren't many official ones we use. Most of the quotes I use are from home videos from WDW and no one gets them but my wife and I. Every once in a while i will say something to her that only she gets and we crack up.
I do find myself quoting the Muppetvision 3D's pre-show quite a bit. Very funny.

phillydan
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
From TTA (said in a deep baritone voice with no inflection):
"Now approaching...<fill in the destination>"

Always a crowd pleaser with my kids.

julian
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
What is

""Flash photography? I wouldn't. It alters the homing signal and that's not good."

from?

TinkerbellFan16
04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
"Flash photography? I wouldn't. It alters the homing signal and that's not good."

LOL. I love that one.

im sorry, but i cant remember what ride thats from. Who does??????

TinkerbellFan16
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
just remebered, thats "honey i shrunk the audience"

McGoofy
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
My wife's would be:

"No privacy in this place!"

COP

Oh yeah, I've said that a lot too!:mickey:

I do find myself quoting the Muppetvision 3D's pre-show quite a bit. Very funny.

That reminded me that my 9 year old can quote the entire driver's speil (of course inserting his name where the driver would normally insert his/hers) from The Great Movie Ride. I found this out when I was playing a CD with Disney park music one day. The driver's "welcome aboard" speech is not on the CD, but when the music qued up, my son was right on target and finished right on time before the singing started. It cracked me up. I swear that he will work at Disney one day!!

autumn
04-10-2008, 01:26 PM
i thought of a few other ones. from rockin' rollercoaster preshow script with steven tyler, we always say "how do, people?" just like he does when we are trying to be funny. and we say, "wait a minute, wait a minute - i love that idea" like he does, too. has anyone else noticed that he makes a rock-n-roll symbol with his hand on his forehead when he says that? it's so funny.

prttynpnk
04-10-2008, 01:39 PM
im sorry, but i cant remember what ride thats from. Who does??????

Dr Grant Seeker in the Dinosaur preshow!
I just love him!;)

Tigerinvestigator
04-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Here are some we've used in the past:

"You do have wings....you can do all these things" "Eastern--We'll be your wings." from If You Had Wings:thumbsup:

"Have a zipp a dee doo dah zipp a dee day" from Resort TV. We also say "Its the zippa dee doo dah Tip for today".

"and it rained and rained and rained" Living Seas movie.

"Nice work pal" Give the thumbs up!:thumbsup: from Soarin Pre show.

Laysout4it
04-22-2008, 07:55 PM
"Here we goooo!"
Peter Pan

We say it all the time and didn't realize just how much until recently. Rode it a million times in Sept and Dec. DD's favorite ride next to Buzz and Gooy's Barnstormer.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Its a small, small world...:)

JPelle76
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Of course the monrail quote is priceless! Way back when, the summer I gratuated High School, I went down with my best friend and her family for a week. When we got back, for months after we would quote the monorail saying, but since neither of us spoke spanish it came out more like bla bla bla bla Las Purtas!!! And until I moved out of my parents house, there was a lable on my bedroom door, that we put up when I got one of those lable machines shortly after, that said Las Purtas!!! LOL!

My other favortive saying I have with my sister " HELLO CINDERELLA!!!!" In Stitches voice from Stiches great escape.:stitch2:

McGoofy
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
i thought of a few other ones. from rockin' rollercoaster preshow script with steven tyler, we always say "how do, people?" just like he does when we are trying to be funny. and we say, "wait a minute, wait a minute - i love that idea" like he does, too. has anyone else noticed that he makes a rock-n-roll symbol with his hand on his forehead when he says that? it's so funny.

Yeah...those are good too. We like to use the part about..."make it happen..." in that same voice.

"Nice work pal" Give the thumbs up!:thumbsup: from Soarin Pre show.

My DS uses that one to be funny. We also use the "HELLLLO" in that same tone and reflection as "Puddy" (yeah, I know it's Patrick Warburton, but we know him by no other name:)) does when he first comes on the Soarin pre-show.

CU Tiger
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
HM: “Drag your corpses to the center of the room.” :mickey:

Von-Drake
04-23-2008, 12:38 PM
HM: “Drag your corpses to the center of the room.” :mickey:

I always heard them say..."Drag you corpses to the Dead center of the room."

I also know one time, we were just about to enter when a CM closed the doors, and said.. "We have enough bodies... for now." We got a kick out of that.

Imagineer1981
04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, here it is my big 1000th post!:party: I know that is small beans for some of you out there, but it took me 2 years and 2 months to reach this milestone! I wanted to think of something fun to do for this post.

Anyhow, here's the 1000th post topic: Do you have any phrases from theme park rides that you use in everyday life??

I thought of this the other day as we were driving down the road, and somebody cut us off. My husband just quietly said out loud, "Stupid Judy!" I knew exactly what he was talking about. It was a phrase from Ellen's Universe of Energy.

Ok...that wasn't a very kind example, but it was the first one that came to mind.:blush: Here's a more polite example...;) One of my best friends is a red head and also a Disney fan. When we call her up on the phone sometimes instead of saying "hello," we just say "We wants the red head." (phrase from POC.)

So all that said, do you use theme park ride phrases in everyday life? If so, you must be a hard core Disney fan!!:mickey:

:tink::minnie::mjump::figment:

We use "stupid judy" all the time, and also we like to use "how to people" from RNRC

BklynChick
04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
"We wants the redhead!" I just used that at work the other day. Can't remember what the context was...oh well, it's been a long week.

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2008, 11:40 AM
From Jungle Cruise "look the back side of water", and then every one goes "OOOOOOOOOO." There are so many that come up during the jungle cruise that they are great. I bet every one can come up with something different that they have heard while on this attraction.

AdventurerKim
04-26-2008, 11:51 AM
We talk about making "final arrangements" (HM) when discussing dinner reservations and making plans for everyday things.

Whenever I tell my DH to stop being foolish, he says "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?" (Muppets 3D pre-show).

RockinRollerMom
04-26-2008, 12:02 PM
You are not a mouse, you are a rat!

From the muppets 3D preshow.

disneyworld55925592
04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
:mickey:The most would have to be its a small world after all! We always use it daily.

Mickeymoo
04-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Going...down?

ToT

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Since the start of this thread, we've adopted the "Stupid Judy" for "not-so-smart" drivers.

However, it has caused a bit of an issue, since my mother's name is Judy!

JPelle76
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM

"The're tourist! What do they know!"

I LOVE that whole scene! :sam:

McGoofy
04-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Since the start of this thread, we've adopted the "Stupid Judy" for "not-so-smart" drivers.

However, it has caused a bit of an issue, since my mother's name is Judy!

Hey...now don't get in trouble with your mom on my account!!!:D;) Worse yet, do your children know you are talking about Ellen's ride and not their grandma??? :mickey:;):D:rotfl::funny::silly:

branvy
04-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Yep, now sometimes when I'm trying to say that we need to retrace our steps or go backwards, I tend to end up saying, "Baaack, Back over the falls!"

It's really the one part that keeps me returning to Maelstrom. :thumbsup:

And it's not a phrase, but whenever I smell something kind of sulphery, I always look at DH and say, "Smells like Rome is burning".

DisneyDudet
04-28-2008, 10:18 AM

We use... "To the forum!" or "Make it a super stretch." In fact, that symbol he does on his forehead is actually the "fat kid" symbol. Its really just the thumb holding down the ring finger. I just watched it again to make sure! My dad and I ALWAYS sit on the front and do that symbol. Now, any ride with a picture, we'll do it, and mom gets in on it! Its so great!

What is

""Flash photography? I wouldn't. It alters the homing signal and that's not good."

from?

The preshow on Dinoaur, Dr. Grant Seeker (hehe).

How about my quote in my sig? "Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." This is VERY useful in traffic or in crowds.

mainstreet1997
04-29-2008, 09:11 AM
2 from jungle cruise

"What you came all the way to central Florida to see - Ladies and Gentlemen the backside of water!"

"And as my father said to me on my 18th birthday - pack your stuff and get out!"

mainstreet1997
04-29-2008, 09:12 AM

LOL. I love that one.

LOL I was quoting that one a couple of weeks ago when my mom was watching CSI since that guy is on the show. Or osmetimes I make my hand like a puppet and go "HELLO THERE!"

mainstreet1997
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
We use... "To the forum!" or "Make it a super stretch." In fact, that symbol he does on his forehead is actually the "fat kid" symbol. Its really just the thumb holding down the ring finger. I just watched it again to make sure! My dad and I ALWAYS sit on the front and do that symbol. Now, any ride with a picture, we'll do it, and mom gets in on it! Its so great!

LOL Thats my sis and I's favorite. Sometimes shes just too good at it!

mainstreet1997
04-29-2008, 09:14 AM
OOh! One more! (sorry we leave in 4 days and Im just a little excited :P)

"Hello. And welcome to Soarin."

It doesnt help that that guy is on EVERY CBS commerical break

mainstreet1997
04-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Congrats on hitting this Post Milestone!

We usually repeat song lyrics, but a few that come to mind....

"cha" from Turtle talk (I'm not sure how to spell it).

LOL. You too? Since the Travel Channel show my dad and I have been saying "Sam-ah-ntha" just like Crush

DisneyAddict62
04-29-2008, 09:38 AM
I have the Monorail spiel as my text alert on my phone.

Well say "We're so glad you're here" in a Mickey voice from the wake up calls!

Also we use the keep your hands and feet inside the ride one quite a bit!

Great thread!

DisneyDog
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I love "it's a salute to all nations. But mostly America." Sam the Eagle is great!

DisneyDudet
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I love "it's a salute to all nations. But mostly America." Sam the Eagle is great!

HAHA! Yes! We do that EVERYTIME we hear that music!

Love it!

joanakaylene
04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
please, please, don't stick me in that briar patch!

senderella
04-29-2008, 12:34 PM
My favorite is still..
Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.
Classic!