PDA

View Full Version : Judgemental!

dinahvixen
04-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I come from a long line of judgemental people; however as I get older, have kids of my own, etc., I have really learned to be less so and I often see cases right here on the boards that teach me tolerance! I used to see older kids in stollers and would silently make a judgement, or people cutting line that didn't "look" like they should, etc., but with the dialogue on the boards, I see the other side of the story and I catch myself from making a negative judgement. I guess it's more of a realization that other people have perfectly valid reasons for doing what they do and it's really none of my business or mine to judge, but seeing what people explain sure helps!

Mickey'sGirl
04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Now if everyone could take a lesson from you! I think it is human nature to try and evaluate the world around us according to our own experiences etc. Travelling, talking to people and experiencing things outside of our regular lives really can profoundly affect our outlook. Now I'm going to assume that the lady who keeps her big purse on the seat on the train going home has a really good reason to do so! ;) Just kidding. Way to go!

disneydeb
04-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Older, wiser and more tolerant, age has its good points! :D

pink
04-04-2008, 07:55 PM
That is a great attitude to have. I congradulate you because not being judgemental is a very difficult thing to do. :thumbsup:

:mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I wish I could be less judgemental. Sometimes I am but other times as I get older it seems I just have no patience with anything. Age and stress seems to make me much less patient :(
I pray every day for patience and sometimes my prayers are answered and sometimes... not so much :(
Congrats to you for being more tolerant. Lead and others will follow.

merlinmagic4
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I think people are judgmental by nature. It's something I have had to work really hard at (being NONjudgemental that is!) and there are still some areas where I am lacking :secret: I definitely think my life experience has helped me in a lot of ways.

I always call myself a "reverse snob". So, although I try very, very hard to be nonjudgmental I do find things I dislike in other people :secret: It's usually people who have little regard for others around them so I feel justified :D

Great post, though and all we can do is keep trying to understand where others are coming from and that things are not always what they seem.

merlinmagic4
04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Older, wiser and more tolerant, age has its good points! :D

So very true!

tinkerstinker
04-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I've been in stiuations I'd never thought I'd be in. Situations that I had probably previously judged others for.
Someone else's journey in life is not OUR journey. We have no idea what roads those people have had to travel, and just how bumpy they were.
I know from experience(esp. seeing so much of it on that "other" discussion board) that people who don't know us, have never met us, seen us or talked with us, love to judge. Its a sad thing.
I have no tolerance for intolerance. Its good to see people here who have the same opinion I do.:)