PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Rates Released Early?!?!?!?!?!?!

*NikkiJ*
04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
So I have seen on another discussion board that the free dining dates are from August 24th - September 20th

So if this is right, I get free dining :D Let's just hope it is right...

I email my travel agent to see if she could confirm or deny--she probably can't but atleast I tried

MMouse6937
04-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds good to me, unfortunately this post will be pulled soon since you can't put up websites like that.

Anyways, I sure hope to hear from Debbie at MJs on Monday telling me she's switched our reservation to free dining!!

:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
04-04-2008, 01:23 PM
If she can book you, it sounds like she won't be able to do it till next week. GL, I hope it works out for you. We did the bounce back program, so we're already set for September. :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-04-2008, 02:34 PM
As for booking the "rumor" is that the discount will be released April 10. However, do keep in mind that people can post whatever they want and claim on the "inside sources" that they want. Until it's been released officially by Disney I don't count on anything.

goofiecrazy
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I hope it goes later in the month like in the past.We are going sept.22-27..

WDWRox
04-04-2008, 06:11 PM
It had better be extended through ALL of September, as our trip is the 20th - 27th and I've already made my dining reservations, in anticipation of the free dining. Come on now!

goofiecrazy
04-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Same here I already made our ressies for places we havent tried yet in the hope they would offer it again..

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Doesn't it work that if your reservation starts during the free dining that you get the free dining the whole time you are there even if it is over? I thought that's what I remember from last year.

Pop Centurion
04-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Doesn't it work that if your reservation starts during the free dining that you get the free dining the whole time you are there even if it is over? I thought that's what I remember from last year.According to what I've read, yes it does work that way. Maybe somebody with more knowledge on this subject can confirm.

drhama
04-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Yep. It's true. We did the bounce back program. We were scheduled to be there from Sept 12-19. Had to move the dates to Sept 26-Oct 2. Sept 26th is the cut off date. Just squeaked in. Got free dining for the whole time. Good luck.

Katiebell
04-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Doesn't it work that if your reservation starts during the free dining that you get the free dining the whole time you are there even if it is over? I thought that's what I remember from last year.

That's the hope -- we are booked 9/19-9/26 and can't change our dates -- and it's the way it has worked in past years. However, it's been pointed out on several boards that Disney changed their promo policies last fall to be more in line with the rest of the travel industry -- when a promo is over, it's over, and your travel dates would have to fall within the date limits of the promo. :( That said, I'm bracing for that possibility, while still crossing my fingers that checking in on the 19th we could still have free dining for our whole trip! Good luck and pixie dust for all of us hoping for free dining... :magic:

WDWRox
04-05-2008, 07:50 AM
What are some of you referring to when you mention the "bounce back program"?

Strmchsr
04-05-2008, 08:45 AM
What are some of you referring to when you mention the "bounce back program"?

The bounce back program was offered last fall. If you booked your vacation for 2008 before checking out of your 2007 vacation then you were offered the "free" dining promotion.

Indeed that is the way it used to work. However, beginning in 2008 Disney started going to a "per night" pricing system to prevent people from checking in on the last night of value season and getting value rates for their entire vacation. So, now if the "free" DDP is offered this year if the promotion only covers 3 nights of your vacation that's all you'll get it for. It's not the whatever price you have at check in lasts for the whole vacation system any longer.

drhama
04-05-2008, 01:03 PM
This scares me. Does this apply to new reservations made in 08? Our trip starts on the last day of the free dining program. We did book with the bounce back last year. Hope we are still ok. Just wrote to Kathy at MJ to confirm.

Strmchsr
04-05-2008, 01:48 PM
This scares me. Does this apply to new reservations made in 08? Our trip starts on the last day of the free dining program. We did book with the bounce back last year. Hope we are still ok. Just wrote to Kathy at MJ to confirm.

The bounce back program works differently than the standard discount. If you booked the bounce back program with free dining you'll be okay. That's a totally different program.

KathyMJ
04-05-2008, 02:19 PM

I just sent you an email. You're all set:thumbsup: No need to worry!

WDWRox
04-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I just sent you an email. You're all set:thumbsup: No need to worry!

Can that information be shared? Our reservation at the Wilderness Lodge is 9/20 - 9/27 (booked through MJ).

spgale
04-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Ijust spoke to the Disneyworld people regarding if your free dining plan is covered if it ends before you leave. I was told that in past years it was the first day that had to fall within the free dining plan and as far as she was concerned that there was NO mention of that policy changing. She also said that no one could possibly know what the policy was going to be until the promo was released. Remember a rumour is just something with absolutely no facts to back it up.

Steve:mickey:

Nicki'sMom
04-05-2008, 07:02 PM
When I checked in and out at WL in Sept '07, nobody offered this bounce back program to us. Did I have to ask about it myself? We really like the free dining.

momof296&02
04-05-2008, 10:37 PM
When I checked in and out at WL in Sept '07, nobody offered this bounce back program to us. Did I have to ask about it myself? We really like the free dining.

We stayed at AKL in 9/07 & there was a flier in our room on the desk promoting the bounce back offer. Prior to that we had the flier in our room at the Poly.

magicofdisney
04-06-2008, 12:10 PM
We found out about the bounce back program in advance because of posts here on Intercot. That's also how we found out the details. We did have a flier in our room, but it was very vague. Had it not been for Intercot, we wouldn't have booked because we wouldn't have known what we'd be missing out on.
:rocks:

Jodi
04-06-2008, 01:26 PM
We were offered the bounce back last September as well and were extremely stupid and did not take it. We are going again this August, so, praying that FREE dining will be offered, at least for part of our trip. (arriving on Aug. 22nd). ;)

KathyMJ
04-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Can that information be shared? Our reservation at the Wilderness Lodge is 9/20 - 9/27 (booked through MJ).

If you are already booked, deposited and have a reservation with the bounce back offer, you are all set.

WDWRox
04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
If you are already booked, deposited and have a reservation with the bounce back offer, you are all set.

We're booked, deposited, and have a reservation, but had no trip in 07, so no bounce-back offer.