PDA

View Full Version : Better

elmjimmlm
04-04-2008, 12:05 PM
What dinner is better...Kona Cafe or Ohana? We have done Ohana and loved it...Kona Cafe is on our list but my husband wants to go back to Ohana...I dont really want to use 2 TS on Poly so which do we choose?:confused:

wendy*darling
04-04-2008, 12:08 PM
For food quality- KONA is far better.
For service- KONA is far better.

You can't see Wishes from Kona, if that is a concern.
But is a really wonderful restaurant- not a show or interactive meal. Just a very nice place to eat.

Jeff G
04-04-2008, 12:17 PM

I agree with the food, Kona's quality is better quality but we really like Ohanas. We've always had great service at both so I don't see a difference.

The two are so different that it's hard to say without knowing what you are looking for. '

Ohana is a dining experience. You have the opportunity to watch the fireworks if you dine later. You also have entertainment which if you have kids is a blast(we enjoy it as adults). Plus we like the skewered food.

Kona is a restaurant with very good food. It's much quieter but is lacking the entertainment.

For us Ohanas is a must do every trip, we like the food and entertainment. We did Kona last year and loved it but this year because part of WDW dining is the entertainment for the kids we had to pass on Kona this coming trip.

Jared
04-04-2008, 01:00 PM

You can't see Wishes from Kona, if that is a concern.
But is a really wonderful restaurant- not a show or interactive meal. Just a very nice place to eat.
Talk about emphatic, Linda! I'm not sure this question is as obvious as your post suggests.

Kona Cafe is probably a better restaurant, but do not discount 'Ohana! The food there is wonderful, especially the chicken wings and amazing bread pudding. My family tries to eat at both each trip because we can't decide which we like more.

I suppose if I had to choose just one, I'd recommend Kona Cafe, but it's definitely a legitimate debate.

SBETigg
04-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I say 'Ohana. We've always had good times and great food at 'Ohana. We've had average to horrible experiences with food and service at Kona. Plus, the atmosphere is festive and lovely with great views at 'Ohana. At Kona, you feel like you're eating in the lobby (though it is a very nice lobby).

#1donaldfan
04-04-2008, 01:07 PM
We've been to Ohana's and had a great time and meal....

....we've read a lot about Kona, so to be fair we have to try Kona first, maybe eat Ohana's too.....man am I a help or what?????

most of our dinning experiences have been great, with very few exceptions....:mickey:

Disdad13
04-04-2008, 02:41 PM
My vote would be for Ohana. We have been to both, and were just not impressed with Kona. The food was average, there was little ambiance, and service was dull. Ohana can be a little loud, but service is usually good, food is exceptional (even though they no longer offer the Maui potatoes:mad:) and we would not schedule a trip to Disney without a dinner at Ohana!

Bri
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
We are going to do Kona for lunch on our upcoming trip. We did Ohana on our first trip and the food was very good, but did anyone else feel like they give you A TON of food? Not that I'm complaining, I just hate to be wasteful.

Disnamic Duo
04-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Both are very good. I prefer the food at 'Ohana (and not because of quantity), but the food at Kona is also very good. I think it depends on what atmosphere you're looking for (and to a lesser degree, how hungry you are). If you're VERY hungry, 'Ohana is all youi can eat. But, Kona gives you plenty. With the atmosphere, if you're in the mood for a little (not a lot) quieter dinner, Kona is better. If you want more of a lively time, 'Ohana is better.

Polynesian Dweller
04-04-2008, 04:07 PM
As another poster said, its hard to say without knowing what you are looking for. Kona is a good restaurant and we eat there every trip and never a problem and really enjoy it. We're not all you can eat types so Ohana is a bit much and we also like a quieter atmosphere. So, Kona is our choice and for us its great.

Belle_0717
04-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Both are great. If you don't want to use 2 TS meals then definately try Kona. You wont be disappointed.

Noahrk
04-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Just for clarification for you O'Hanas and Kona are [B][U]both only 1 table service. The only thing that is 2 table services is the Poly Loau

pdrlkr
04-05-2008, 05:42 PM
We like Kona Cafe better! :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 08:04 PM
I thought the food was better at Kona's but we had horrible service from the minute we checked in until we left. They "lost" us after we checked in, right when they opened, and we waited & waited. Then they couldn't get us all at the same table. It too forever to get our food. The kids were done with their dessert by the time we finally got our appetizers! But we'll give it another try next time we go in the hopes that this was just a fluck.
Ohana's was very good and the service was better.

tinkerstinker
04-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Just for clarification for you O'Hanas and Kona are [B][U]both only 1 table service. The only thing that is 2 table services is the Poly Loau

Shwoo! I was really confused for a second. I was just going to post and ask when they made Ohana TWO TS credits when I saw your post. I knew the Luau was 2, but Ohana has never been to my knowledge!

ETA: I'd go to Ohana. This has been a must do for us the last few years. To me, Kona is a bit boring while the atmosphere at Ohana is FUN!