PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP 'Dressing Up'

OhToodles!
04-04-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm back and forth on dressing up, especially with how warm it will probably be and how much we'd actually use the costume again.

I know I can put together a pirate costume, but heard there are tons of those and want to be a little different. I'm leaning towards maybe just going as soccer players - we have jerseys and socks - would just need matching shorts.

So I was wondering how many people:
1. Don't dress up
2. Wear Disney related costumes
3. Wear costumes, but not Disney related

Claudielou
04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I think we are just going to find some mickey :mickey:ears, or goofy hats. It's either that or go as "Texans" :cowboy: which my DH can do, but my wardrobe (ha!) doesn't include a hat or boots! :cowgirl: We are looking forward to the fun! We will do the MNSSHP the night before going home.:crying:

MMouse6937
04-04-2008, 11:18 AM
We went the first weekend of MNSSHP in Sept. It was crazy hot so I'm really glad we didn't have costumes. We all did get the same orange tshirt that said Happy Halloween with a spider's web. I also wore a blinking pumpkin necklace and some halloween barrettes in my hair. We did see a lot of people dressed up, and yes, a lot of pirates. Most people that were dressed up were something Disney or Disney related. Lots of little tinkerbells, etc. It was fun to see people dressed up but there were just as many people not dressed up. I guess a soccer player might work, but the cowboy thing people probably wouldn't get. You have to kinda go over the top I think for people to know it's a costume.

Have fun and good luck!! :)

SurferStitch
04-04-2008, 12:27 PM
We've been to MNSSHP twice, and both times dressed as Disney characters.

For our first party, I dressed as Lilo (nice, cool cotton dress), and DH dressed as Stitch (very hot, furry costume). It was a hot night, and poor DH was sweating profusely. I let him escape the costume later in the evening.

The second party was just as hot (the next year), so I was prepared. Even though my Lilo costume was pretty cool, I wanted to make sure my next costume would be comfy, too. I bought a custom Edna Mode fitted tee I designed at Zazzle.com, wore a black skort, black Edna wig and her huge round glasses (found on ebay). DH just bought a pair of Stitch ears in WDW and wore a Hawaiian shirt/shorts. It was a hot night, and we were glad we dressed appropriately.

I don't know what we'll do this year. I mean, we'll dress up, but I haven't figured out what to do. We'll be prepared for hot weather again, though. I think I'm going to be Tink, but I'm just not sure yet. I want to make the costume appropriate, and not too short or revealing. I'm also thinking a simple Minnie Mouse costume would be comfy and cute. DH could then be Mickey pretty easily.

We saw so many pirates in 2005. We got tired of seeing them everywhere. There were a lot of Incredibles families, too.

biodtl
04-04-2008, 01:39 PM
You won't be out of place no matter what you do - there are people dressed up and people who aren't - kids and adults. Of those who dress, I would guess maybe 50-60% are Disney themed and the rest not. It's fun regardless.

In Oct, my girlfriend and I were Micky and Daisy, DH and DD where Beast and Belle, friend's DH was a pirate and DS and friend wer the Blues Brothers, so we had a mix ourselves.

I'm not sure what we'll do this year.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
I've seen every costume from every genre of movie or show at the parties. And I worked almost all of them last year.

I saw anime, video games, Disney, foods, movies, shows, etc.

My favorites include the completed Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts 2 (mostly because I knew most of them) and the little girl wearing Scarlet o'Hara's BBQ dress.

McGoofy
04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
We had a party of 13 that went on Halloween night this past October. Of the 13, only one in the party was a child. Oddly enough, not one of us was in a Disney costume. Our family of 3 went as a Vampire, Vampiress, and a Gravedigger. The other couples were as follows: Batman and Batgirl, Superman and Supergirl, Athena the Greek Goddess and Mark Anthony, Elvira and Wolverine, and Marie Antoinette with the Count of Monte Cristo. All 13 of us went "all out" with our costumes. We had a blast!! We got some great pictures that night too!!