PDA

View Full Version : tell me about big river brewery and grill

hooberry
04-03-2008, 09:43 PM
:mickey:we are thinking of leaving epcot to eat there and return for the Illuminations, how is the food and can you realistically walk from there and back with out much time wasted:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes, you can actually walk there without too much trouble. It's about a ten minute walk from the International Gateway to the restaurant. You could also take the boat from the International Gateway - the Boardwalk is the first stop after leaving EPCOT.

Food is generally good there. Service, however, can vary from one visit to the next.

From what I recall, Big River doesn't take ADR's in the traditional sense. A few years back, they did take reservations 24 hours in advance - but that required you to walk up to the restaurant to do so. I'm not sure if they do that any longer, however.

Natazu
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Frank's really on the ball here. I'll just add that there was a time when BRG was really good. Over the last few years it has really gone downhill. It's a shame 'cause I really used to like the place. If you're gonna be on the Boardwalk, you might as well just go to Flying Fish. It's expensive but worth it.

squijee
04-04-2008, 08:34 AM
The cheeseburger at BRG is the best at WDW. The blackened mahi mahi sandwich is good too. We were there this past weekend and the service was great even though they were very busy. We eat there every time we go and I really love all the guys there. Especially Antonio and the twins. They were great to my Mom. It was here birthday and she got a free dessert of her choice. You can make reservations in advance just call them direct. I made our reservations 2 weeks ahead.:cloud9:

xipetotec
04-04-2008, 09:23 AM
:mickey:we are thinking of leaving epcot to eat there and return for the Illuminations, how is the food and can you realistically walk from there and back with out much time wasted:mickey:

We *love* it there. We often even make two visits to this place while we are there. ( Granted, we stay at the BCV, but anyway... ). As for the walk, it's really close. As close as any boardwalk restaurant. The food is good, I've had the burger and the chicken fettucini alfredo, both were delicious. My father raved about the steak ( he rated it up there with Le Cellier's steak ) and my wife likes the meat loaf. And of course, the beer. :beer: ... But if there are kids, don't let that detract you, they provide a family friendly place to eat! We bring the whole gang.

DisneyTeen
04-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Its alright. I mean we have been there a few times just because we couldn't get ADR day of for anything else within walking distance. I think there are better places at the surrounding hotels that provide a better dinner than Big River (i.e. Flying Fish, spoodles, Yachtsman Steakhouse), but its not bad and it is family friendly. And its kind of nice to have an outdoor table to watch everything going on on the boardwalk.

ElenitaB
04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Like others have said, you can easily walk it.

As for the food, it's a "been there, never doing that again" for me. I was sick after eating there (and I know it was from there because it was the last place we went before settling in for 2-1/2 days in our room during Hurricane Frances in 2004). There are plenty of other places around the Boardwalk/Beach Club area to chose from.