PDA

View Full Version : Groups of 10 or More

disney100%
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I read somewhere that groups of 10 or more would have to call a special dining line to make reservations. We will have 6 adults and 4 children (all 3 and under). So there will be 10 of us, but one will only be 10 months when we travel. When they ten members of the group, do they mean ten paying members or ten actual bodies at the table?

senderella
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
We did two meals last Oct with 11people (1 under the age of 2). I made ADR through the regular phone #, however they could not gurantee that we would all be seated at one table or even at the same area. Our ADRs were for lunch at Cinderella's Castle and lunch at Prime Time Cafe. Once we arrived, the CMs did make every effort to put us all in one seating area. Luckily they were able to put two table together at both resturants. It worked!
When I made the reservations, the CM on the phone suggested I go to the resturant the day of the dinner and explain the situation so they could plan ahead for us. I did do that, not sure if that was the key.

Good Luck!

wendy*darling
04-03-2008, 06:36 PM
The Group Dining Line is for any group of 10 or more bodies they need to fit at one table (or attempt to sit close together).

You still call WDW-DINE, but ask for Group Dining.
It seems that ADRs for groups on the borderline 10- maybe 12 or 13 are still being made through the regular CMs. You can do it either way.
Even with Group Dining- there is still no guarantee you will be at the same table. It depends on group size, restaurant size and how crowded/busy a time it is.

For just 10 people, I would call and make your ADRs the "regular" way.

TheMartellFamily
04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
It is not anymore difficult to go though group dining. When we have done this it just seemed like we got better help rather than when we went though regular dining line. It seemed to us that they could give us help to if we had questions about seating on a certain restaurant or what was offered. Try group dining line and you will be fine.

TheRustyScupper
04-03-2008, 09:54 PM
. . . When they ten members of the group, do they mean ten paying members or ten actual bodies at the table? . . .

1) They count bodies.
2) Because, a body takes up space.
3) And space is what is reserved.

disney100%
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I can't wait until 4/21 - that's my 180 day mark!

Mulan
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
The last three trips to Disney we have had any where from 13 to 19 people. Dining is always my one headache and this is at Christmas time! But I'm always surprised on how easy it is to make ressie. I call regular dining and they will switch me to the large group department. I've found that it depends on which restaurants you pick if you will be able to sit at one table. Some restaurants are able to put large tables together. If we are split up, they do a good job at keeping the table close. We may have to wait a few mintues to get good tables.