PDA

View Full Version : New Land for the Studios

Gator
04-03-2008, 03:16 PM
I must say that the Honey I Shrunk the Movieset at the Studios is very dull - not to mention outdated. So here's an idea (and I stole it from Disneyland). Why not change that portion of the park in "A Bug's Land". It would have the same theme as HISTM, but it would be based on a cartoon that most Disney fans have seen and enjoyed. Placing Bug's Life-themed rides and making it like the Flea Circus from the film would be great. I just think something more than a south corner playground would help attract more visitors and make the park more Disney/Pixar (that would also tie in with the new parade).

GothMickey
04-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Wasn't that once an A Bug's Life playset?

Deesdisney
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I think that it would be a great idea. My DD loved that part of DCA. She had a blast. But I believe it needs to be a little bigger than the one in CA.

TheRustyScupper
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I. . . Why not change that portion of the park in "A Bug's Land" . . .

Because it costs money.

CaptSmee
04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Ugh! No offense to your idea, but I'd rather see a new attraction put in that focuses on movies other than Pixar! There's already enough Pixar in the parks!

#1donaldfan
04-04-2008, 09:07 AM
It takes money to make money...Disney has plenty of money, all they need is some fresh new imagineering and whoosh, you've got a new attraction!!!:mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-04-2008, 10:39 AM
For us veterans who come to DW often anything new is something to get excited about. I would not care what movie it was from, something fresh would be great at every park.

MaxPower
04-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I agree. It is time for Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground to go. However, if you really look at the playground attraction, it is VERY small. Unless they push out onto NY STreet or remove the outdoor seating for the counter service food court, there is little room for them to expand.

Magic Smiles
04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
We loved the Honey I Shrunk play area. I think that it is a great area for small kids to play and for parents to 'relax' a little.

moe513
04-04-2008, 08:35 PM
This is my daughters favorite thing, she was so upset on year when we were there and it was closed due to rain.

*tinker_belle*
04-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Maybe they should just update this area to A Bugs Playland. So that its the same premise but with a different theme. I agree that all the HISTA stuff is extremely outdated.

Gator
04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
We loved the Honey I Shrunk play area. I think that it is a great area for small kids to play and for parents to 'relax' a little.

Except that only about 10 kids under the age of 15 have ever seen the movie. I haven't seen it in at least that long, and don't care to. A Bug's Land - now that my kids would recognize.

KAJUNKING
04-05-2008, 05:03 PM
i agree w/ gator most kids have no idea about that movie