PDA

View Full Version : FW bus schedule?

joonyer
04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
We're planning our first visit to FW this October. I've got a couple of questions about the buses a there. Do the internal buses run on any kind of published schedule, or do they just constantly circulate? I'm assuming there is at least one internal bus stop for every camping loop. If they just circulate, what is the average wait time in the mornings and evenings? We are on a tight budget so we won't be renting a golf cart.
And, how many and where are the bus stops to Epcot, Studios and AK? Do all the internal buses stop at those outside bus stops. Thanks for any info you can give us.

ibrowse17
04-03-2008, 06:33 PM
The internal buses run constantly. There are three color coded bus routes( Purple, Orange and Yellow), each one provides services to a group of loops. There are two main external bus stops, one at the "Outpost" area( near the main enterence) and one at the "Settlement" area (near the boat docks and Pioneer Hall). Bus service to Epcot, DTD, and the AK is from the Outpost. Hollywood Studios is from the Settlement. Transportation to the MK is by boats. It sounds worse than it is, but FW is basically divided into thirds with the buses running the cirlce between the Outpost and Settlement, picking up and dropping off at the loops along their route. Once you figure out your color of bus, it is real easy to get to where you are going,:thumbsup:

joonyer
04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the helpful info! :thanks:

laward32
04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
The buses run constantly. When we were there in Dec 06 we never waited more than 2-3 minutes for an internal bus. Usually as we walked up to our bus stop one was pulling up. The buses to the parks I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes, except for the Studios bus. I believe we waited 15-20 minutes for it. Hope this helps.:mickey:

disneyvivi1980
05-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I was at FW from April 20-27 and would like to point out that the bus to Hollywood Studios is taken at the Outpost just like busses go to Epcot, AK, Downtown Disney and water parks.

We were in loop 1700 and we always took the busses at the Outpost. When going to MK, we took the internal bus to the Settlement and then the boat.

Hope this helps anyone.