PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mickies?

SCbelle
04-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I have heard about how much fun it is to search for the "hidden Mickies". Can someone tell me how to find this list and what it is about? My DH7 and DN6 would have fun with this.

Thanks!:D

KylesMom
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
My suggestion would be to Google "Hidden Mickeys" and purchase the book from Amazon (through the Intercot link, of course). I believe they're on the third version, and it's great fun to search for these hidden gems! DS received the 2nd & now the 3rd edition this past Xmas, and we're looking to have some great fun searching!

The WL also puts out a list of Hidden Mickeys for the lodge location free of charge if you'll be there. We still have yet to find the Mickey in the fireplace! :mickey:

McGoofy
04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I was going to suggest the Hidden Mickey book by Steven Barrett as well. I love that book. We have found so many hidden Mickey's that we probably would have never noticed had we not read that book.

KylesMom, that Mickey in the fireplace is way up near the top left. (I cheated and had a CM point it out to me!):mickey:

FYI--a CM showed my son a hidden Tinker Bell on the wall when you come out of the exit of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! That's a really cool one!

jwallace378
04-03-2008, 02:46 PM
They sell a Hidden Mickey book in WDW shops as well.

ghost999
04-03-2008, 03:59 PM
The WL also puts out a list of Hidden Mickeys for the lodge location free of charge if you'll be there. We still have yet to find the Mickey in the fireplace! :mickey:
WL is a great resort to stay at with the hm. our family loves finding HM all over the parks also. The fireplace HM is in the restaurant in the back and my fav HM is on GMR where you have to ask to find it. GL finding them.:mickey:

Jasper
04-03-2008, 04:05 PM
The books are certainly a great help but just remember that while many of the HM are "permanent" others are more "temporary." That means your book will never be 100% up-to-date.

BluewaterBrad
04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I think there is also a unnofficial list on Google also somewhere for free.:mickey:

SCbelle
04-03-2008, 05:31 PM
:)Thanks Everyone!!

This looks like it is going to be a GREAT TIME!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-03-2008, 05:52 PM
We bought the latest Hidden Mickey book for our last trip in September.

We had SO much fun with it!!:mickey:

IloveDisney71
04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
We always find as many as we can and take pictures of them. It's fun to keep them with all of our Disney photos in our Disney trip photo albums.:mickey:

yjgirl715
04-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I think for our next trip I will try that- it would help when we have our table service meals- something to do while we are waiting or even when we are in lines. Thanks for the info- learn something new everytime i'm here.:mickey:

loopner67
04-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Looking for Hidden Mickeys is so much fun! My family really enjoys looking for them all over the parks, including the hotels (We stayed at WL last time and yes, there are tons there).

The book is a must! I carried mine around in my pack and pulled it out constantly! I loved taking pictures of as many of them as I could (some are impossible to photograph when you're flying by them on a ride. LOL).

My fave one.... at the coffee place (can't remember the name right now) counter in the Poly.