PDA

View Full Version : Why would I have to check out and back in? Why?

DunkinNut
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Well - first the good news. I have spoken to THREE cast members already today and each was quite pleasant. Yay! Not my experience a few days ago. Blame it on the weather maybe?! LOL

So...I have reservations from April 17-24. Got the discount code for April 20 and on and called them with it. They said because the discount code begins in the middle of our stay - we would have to PHYSICALLY go down to the resort's check in and go through the process of checking out and back in. WHY OH WHY? Ok, if I had to switch rooms - I could see it - and I know that is a possibility. But if I don't have to - why would I have to do that? Good grief. Any ideas? Thanks! Getting sooooooo excited!

WriteDisney
04-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Well - first the good news. I have spoken to THREE cast members already today and each was quite pleasant. Yay! Not my experience a few days ago. Blame it on the weather maybe?! LOL

So...I have reservations from April 17-24. Got the discount code for April 20 and on and called them with it. They said because the discount code begins in the middle of our stay - we would have to PHYSICALLY go down to the resort's check in and go through the process of checking out and back in. WHY OH WHY? Ok, if I had to switch rooms - I could see it - and I know that is a possibility. But if I don't have to - why would I have to do that? Good grief. Any ideas? Thanks! Getting sooooooo excited!

Hmm... thats very curious. Maybe the computer system that disney uses for check in doesn't allow for flexibility with discounts... Thats the only thing I could think.. I would just ask them when you checked in at the beginning of your stay if you REALLY had to do that or if they could find some way around it.. I have to think there would be..

nursetinkerbell04
04-03-2008, 12:46 PM
I have a reservation for Dec. 6-14, but I had a code for the 7th -14th. I had to do a split reservation through magical journeys, one for just the night of the 6th and one with the rest of my nights using the code. My wonderful agent told me to remind them at check in on the 6th that it was a continuing reservation so that they can do what they can to keep me in my same room and not have to do a lot of hassle on that second day

Taja
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM

You probably have two separate reservations in the computer system. It doesn't seem to handle multiple pricing options in one reservation.

When you check in, let them know that you have a continuing reservation. You may or may not have to physically check in the second time. We did something similar in December, and received a telephone call the night before that we didn't have to do anything except enjoy the magic!

Ian
04-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I've heard many people within the company tell me that WDW's reservation system is completely and totally inadequate when it comes to being able to handle anything outside of the most generic requests.

In fact, I was told previously that one of the things that used to prevent Vacation Club members from getting the DDP was system limitations.

This is another one ... we've had this same thing, where we booked one time frame and then added on at a different rate. We were required to check out and check back in again, which (quite frankly) I found absurd. I've got kids and the notion that I should have to pack everything up and schlep to some other room was ridiculous to me.

I complained that there was no reason I should be penalized because of their unwillingness to spend money to upgrade their software. At first they balked and told me that's just how it was, but when I pressed the finally told me I could just "virtually" check in/out but stay in the same room.

Honestly, as a guy who spends most of his days developing software, I find Disney's woefully outdated technology very frustrating. There's no excuse for a multi-billion dollar company not spending the money to upgrade their systems and improve the guest experience.

Jeff G
04-03-2008, 01:38 PM
We went through this a few years back. The discounted room started the day after we arrived. Technically you can't add a discount to a room already booked mid trip, it requires two seperate reservations. Because of this the discounted reservation needs it's own check in.

It was pretty easy though. When we arrived we let them know we had two different reservations. The next day we simply went down to the front desk and with hardly an explanation we were rechecked in the same room with the discounted price.

On a positive note, for the little extra work you'll end up paying less with the discount:mickey:.

thumperbug
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
For my stay in Feb 08 we had 2 diff res #. One for the DVC points used and the other for the days we had to pay ourselves. We did have to check in again for the day the 2nd reservation # started. We were lucky and didn't have to change rooms. Just get new room keys. The only thing we did have a problem with was ME. They too cannot figure out 1 stay with 2 reservation #. The day before departure we did not receive the notice of what time the ME would take us back to the airport and when we called them, they said they didn't even have us on the list. BUt we got it worked out. I agree that WDW needs to work on their software.

Mulan
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I've done this many of times. It is so easy and worth the savings! I've never had to change rooms.

TammiMcMan
04-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I thought that Disney had actually corrected this problem. Especially since now, they can price rooms per night as opposed to pricing it per stay. If the rate per night changes due to a weekend or holiday, guests don't have to check out then back in again. I wonder why they can't simply adjust the discount rate on the night it becomes applicable :confused:. I can understand if there is a change of package involved, but this sounds like it's simply a room only reservation with a rate change during the stay. Just a result of an antiquated booking system I guess.

TheRustyScupper
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
1) If you must change rooms, they check in/out is required.
2) If staying in same room, as that the ressies be "LINKED", so no in/out.

NOTE: Like other procedures at WDW, "linked" is a specific term that must be used.