PDA

View Full Version : Menu's for Free Dining?

Going2HeavenRU
04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
I heard someone say that there are only certain items that can be selected from the menu if you are on the DDP. Is this true?

Also, I know that appetizers are no longer included in the DDP, what about salads and soups? Are they considered part of the entree or are they extra?

Thanks! :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-03-2008, 11:00 AM
There are no special times or items to eat on the free plan. Last year we were just handed a menu. I have heard some people say that different menus are used but we had an array of selections including expensive steaks and seafood. I honestly do not believe they use different menus.

We were on the free plan last year and soups and salads were the appetizer, at least where we ate. Some of the places were Coral Reef, Le Cellier that I remember.

We eat at a few character buffets while we are there, otherwise my son would be disappointed. They all had a salad section and a hot section, among other things. If you really want to have those selections maybe pick one or two buffets.

Have fun!

KylesMom
04-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Soups and salads are typically considered appetizers on the Disney menus (non-buffet meals) and would not be included.

When the DDP was first offered, there were restrictions on the menu. Then Disney cut many of their non-signature restaurant menu offerings, so there wouldn't be restrictions to the plan. If you opt for the dining plan, you'll be ordering the same stuff that a non-dp person would be able to order.

Going2HeavenRU
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Thank you both for you quick responses! I am looking forward to eating well for the first time at Disney!