PDA

View Full Version : Disney or a Bachelorette Party?

DizNee143
04-03-2008, 09:51 AM
so im getting married at the end of Sept..and my sister has been asking me what i would like to do for my bachelorette party..
i was going with either just a nice dinner...the spa and then dinner...or umm and "adult party" hope you guys understand that last one!! hehe..
but like 10 minutes ago my sister sent me an email at work asking..if i would like to go to disney instead of having a bachelorette party.
my first reaction was YES!!! but then again..i would love to do something with all my girls..even if we just get together and have dinner at like burger king..lol...
im all flustered and confused..i dont know what to do..
she said it it had to be one or the other..disney or the party...
i was thinking we could go to disney and then i can have a dinner with all my friends and call it my bachelorette party..lol..
ahhhhhhhh..dont know what to do!!!!

biodtl
04-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I would definitely pick Disney. Like you said you can always have a get together with girlfriends.

It sounds like your sister was planning on paying for either a party or WDW - if this is the case, if your friends aren't going to WDW with you, it won't be costing them any money, so I'm sure they would still be up for an evening out for your bachelorette celebration.

crazypoohbear
04-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Ask your girlfriends if they want to go to disney with you and your sister. Tell them that it was an either or choice. Maybe they will spring for the dinner or just take you out for drinks and "entertainment" at a later date.
Either way. Have fun and behave!

MissStyles
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I'd definitely choose Disney..........

think about it just a bit........not having to pay for a trip to WDW or a party with friends that you could still sort of do like others suggested.

That is so nice of your sister to offer...

Let us know what you decide!!!! :mickey:

DizNee143
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
oh ya i forgot to mention..ill be going to disney for part of our honeymoon...so ill get my disney fix then..
i still dont know what to do..
my sister is looking into disney know..see how expensive it will be...
this is so hard...ive been to disney tons of times..but have never had a bachelorette party before...
so confused..:confused:

Disneyatic
04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I would choose Disney for sure!

IMHO, bachelorette parties are over-rated. I can get together with my friends almost any time.
But, I have never been much of a party-er, so that could be just me!

kdbianchini
04-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I recommend a bachelorette party. On mine, we went to the beach for a long weekend and had the best time. You are going to Disney for your honeymoon. I don't like the typical "bachelorette" party things, but we just hung out on the beach and around the pool. I really enjoyed it and all of my friends did as well. My vote is for bachelortte party!

Jasper
04-03-2008, 05:43 PM
It really comes down to what you want your party to look like. If it is just getting together with your girl friends for dinner and drinks then I would probably go for Disney because it will be more special. However, if the party is done up as more of a special event then maybe you should go that route.

From your post it is a little unclear as to whether or not you have more than your sister in your wedding party. If there are other bridesmaids then I would have a heart to heart with all of the bridesmaids (including your sister) to make sure no one gets their feelings hurt. If this is something your sister is working on without the knowledge of other bridesmaids that could be a recipe for hurt feelings!

Bethanymouse
04-03-2008, 08:55 PM
As a fellow "bride" my vote goes to disney. I am not much into bachelorette parties and I feel that I see the girls in my party fairly often, for dinner, shopping, etc. Not very often do you get a free disney trip!

Mickey91
04-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Let the girls give you a nice shower and go to Disney with your sister!!!:mickey:
Oh, Congratulations!!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-04-2008, 02:09 AM
I'd pick Disney. I had a bachelorette party and have to say that I wish I could have gone to Disney instead!

I agree with seeing if your girlfriends want to go. I've had a lot of friends go out-of-town for their parties. Most to Vegas.

SurferStitch
04-04-2008, 06:41 AM
I would choose Disney for sure!

IMHO, bachelorette parties are over-rated. I can get together with my friends almost any time.
But, I have never been much of a party-er, so that could be just me!

I'll ditto this. I especially wouldn't want an "adult oriented" party. I hate those things. :ack:

I got married in 1996, and bachelorette parties didn't really happen then. That's kind of what your shower was. That was the bride thing. Now, the bride and groom share the shower, and have separate parties.

DH didn't even want a bachelor party before our wedding.

I would go to Disney (and offer to your girls that they can go along if they pay their way), and then take my girls out to dinner as part of their "thank you" gift for being in the wedding (either in WDW if they all go, or somewhere back home). At home you can keep it inexpensive and do an Applebee's kind of thing, then go shopping, bowling, get your nails done....whatever. You know, girl stuff!! :thumbsup: If they go to WDW with you, then pick a nice restaurant there.

DizNee143
04-04-2008, 08:47 AM
you all made some great points!
besides my sister i have 4 other girls in my bridal party..
i dont know what my sister is thinking with disney..i dont know if she wants it to be just me and her or what..
its all still very up in the air..
but when we first started talking bachelorette party..i wanted to do the adult party!!! i think it would be a hoot and something different!!
but i dunno we'll see what happens...

showmethemouse
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I would pick Disney.
I would ask the girls in the bridal party if they want to go with you. all you guys in disney for be more fun then dinner for one night.:mickey::mickey:

Tygger7
04-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Not even close in my opinion....go to Disney. As others have said, and I totally agree, bachelorette parties are WAY over-rated. A lot of time, they cause more trouble than they're worth. My husband & I got married right out of high school, and will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this year....and we've always lived by this advice: Don't do anything, anywhere, anytime, that you wouldn't want your spouse to know about. Bachelor/bachelorette parties many times are focused on getting the bride/groom into trouble before the wedding. I've even seen "non-alcoholic" parties go south in a hurry. It's not worth causing a lifetime of hurt over one night's actions.

Go to Disney with your sister and go to Pleasure Island one night if you want to "party", and do a dinner/party with your friends after you get back from your honeymoon. You won't have a wedding hanging over your head, and it will give you something to look forward to when you get back. And remember, you can never have too much Disney. :D

Jasper
04-04-2008, 12:10 PM
we've always lived by this advice: Don't do anything, anywhere, anytime, that you wouldn't want your spouse to know about. Bachelor/bachelorette parties many times are focused on getting the bride/groom into trouble before the wedding. I've even seen "non-alcoholic" parties go south in a hurry. It's not worth causing a lifetime of hurt over one night's actions.

This is a VERY valid point. When we got married 25 years ago my wife and I made a point of having our respective "party planners" fill in everyone well in advance of our parties about what was planned, that way we could have veto power if need be and there were no surprises!

DizNee143
04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
dont have to worry about the whole drinking thing..im not much of a drinker..and my friends all know that..plus pete (my fiance) for his bachelor party..they are either going sky diving...race gokarts...or go to the nearest race track...since they are all into cars!!!
hes not much of a drinker..
and when i meant adult party..i meant a toy party...
there will none of that other stuff for either of us! yuck:ack:...no thank you!

my sister still hasnt got back to me on the disney thing..but that would be soo cool..
obivously i LOVE disney!!! =)

crazypoohbear
04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
When I got married 21ish years ago we DID NOT want the bachelor/bachelorette parties. We had been together for 8 years and the thought of going out without the other and getting trashed and acting foolish just was not appealing.:ack:
We didn't even have a bridal shower we opted for a Jack and Jill lots of his family was coming down from NH and he wanted to see them as well. We had a DJ dinner dancing and everyone had fun.
As for the "toy party" many, many years ago I had a coed naughty nighty party so you could still do that as a couples things......... that is what we did. and speaking for us, even the nighty he bought me is still hanging in my closet, (it is very tastful, wedding night type) but, I prefer wearing disney night shirts!

Just keep in mind that whatever you decide to do will be your memory.