PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion/Nightmare Before Christmas

Emme&TeddysMommy
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
My DH and I are both big fans of the Haunted Mansion and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I know that in California they convert the Mansion over for the holidays. Does anyone know if they will ever do that to the Mansion in Disney World? We would love to go see the Haunted Mansion in California with all The Nightmare Before Christmas effects, but we live on the east coast and that’s a long flight with 2 kids under the age of 2. If we did go one year does anyone know when the approximate date’s mansion is decorated for the The Nightmare Before Christmas. :magic::jack::mpumpkin:

Ian
04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
It seems unlikely that this particular overlay will ever come to WDW.

The primary reason given is the old 80/20 rule ... in DL 80% of guests are local, repeat visitors. The other 20% are first-timers or visiting tourists. In WDW, the percentages are flip-flopped.

So what does this mean for HM? It means that in DL there's a market for these kinds of overlays. People have seen the regular HM many times and they don't mind having a few months where it's different.

In WDW, you get a family who comes to WDW for a once-in-a-lifetime vacation and they want to see the real Haunted Mansion, not some NBC overlay version.

And truthfully I'm fine with that. I saw the NBC overlay in DL and was totally underwhelmed. Then again, I have no interest in NBC and don't really understand the fascination with it ... especially from Disney.

tinkwest
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
... We would love to go see the Haunted Mansion in California with all The Nightmare Before Christmas effects, but we live on the east coast and that’s a long flight with 2 kids under the age of 2. If we did go one year does anyone know when the approximate date’s mansion is decorated for the The Nightmare Before Christmas. ...

Haunted Mansion Holiday version at Disneyland runs from about the last week of September through the first week of January.