PDA

View Full Version : No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service??

*NikkiJ*
04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I was just wondering what the rule was in the parks about wearing shirts (no we aren't nudists)....I assume it is just like a 6 flags where men must be in a shirt & women are not allowed to wear bathing suits within the general waterfree part of the park and that in the 2 waterparks it is a given to be in bathing suit attire...

Also, what is the deal with wearing shoes to the water parks? Is it pretty much a shoeless environment (where you would put shoes in a locker) or do you wear your shoes??? There have got to be some rides that do not permit shoes?!?! Right??

Ian
04-02-2008, 09:25 AM
For men, I'm pretty sure in the regular theme parks it's definitely no shoes, no shirt, no service.

I have seen women in the park wearing bikini tops, though. Not that I particularly encourage it, but I've seen it. No clue what the exact rules on that are, though.

For the waterparks, I've never worn shoes. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think water shoes are allowed on most of the slides. You could probably wear them in the pools, though.

Here we go again...
04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
For men, I'm pretty sure in the regular theme parks it's definitely no shoes, no shirt, no service.

I have seen women in the park wearing bikini tops, though. Not that I particularly encourage it, but I've seen it. No clue what the exact rules on that are, though.

For the waterparks, I've never worn shoes. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think water shoes are allowed on most of the slides. You could probably wear them in the pools, though.

We were in line at MGM and a lady in the group next to us was trying to get in the park in a bikini top. They told her she would not be allowed in the park without a shirt. The lsady got very upset... she was from another country, I do not know where but started yelling about "uptight Americans". She was told very quickly that is she did not settle down and put on a shirt she would not be allowed in the park.
We saw her later without a cover-up. I guess they inforce it going in, but like everrything else the CMs in the park avoid confrontation.

Shoes at the water park are a must. Not the rules, just some of the hottest cement I have EVER found. If you wear water shoes or crocs they will make you send them down the slides first. Some rides you can wear them.

Dyanna
04-02-2008, 09:46 AM
We were at WDW this past Oct. My 10 month old DD was a sweaty mess the entire week as it was quite hot while we were there. When we went to have her photos taken with some of the characters they would not let her cause she was not wearing any shoes. Thought this was strange. The only way to have the picture taken was to have one of the parents hold her for the photo.

WDWdriver
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Shirts are required in the parks.

At Kali River Rapids male riders may take off their shirts, but must put them back on after exiting the ride. Also, riders must wear shoes while on the ride.

Last summer we had a young woman who tried to ride topless. No, no, no! I think she was from Europe.

KineGirl
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
About 10 -15 years ago, in my younger days sigh:old: I would sometimes wear a bikini top & only once did someone (a guard) ask me to put a top on. I think everyone is supposed to wear a shirt tho. Now days I see more & more ppl doing (still no where near the majority tho)it but I have no idea :shrug: what kind of reaction they get from Disney & other guests. To me it only bothers to me when the tops are too skimpy or there is just plain too much hanging out but then everybody has different standards and what may not bother me may bother others :eek2: and vice versa. Men have to wear a shirt. Nobody can be bare chested. There are so many cute styles of tanks, baby T's & strapless tops today, I just wear those.
Shoes are optional for you at the waterparks :swim:. You do see some wearing those water shoes but no they dont make you wear 'em :thumbsup:

UPDATE: I just saw WDWdrivers post.. I guess its official about the shirt policy.

MMouse6937
04-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure about the policy at the theme parks, I just know DH and I wouldn't be caught dead without shirts on (I'm WAY beyond my bikini days :blush:)

As far as the water parks, we never wear shoes. I don't understand the complaint about the pavement being too hot. I always find that the pavement is fine to walk on without my shoes and you can always find a mister close by to walk through. DH has a rod in his leg and some nerve damage to the bottom of his foot. If he steps on *anything* it puts him right over the edge and I haven't seen him ever have a problem going barefoot at the waterparks.

:mickey:

DNS
04-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I've read in WDW travel books that shirts are required for men and women.

slpngbty56
04-03-2008, 06:59 PM
In the water parks you'll want to wear shoes of some kind whether they're flip flops or water shoes b/c the ground gets very hot.

Ian
04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
We were in line at MGM and a lady in the group next to us was trying to get in the park in a bikini top. They told her she would not be allowed in the park without a shirt. The lsady got very upset... she was from another country, I do not know where but started yelling about "uptight Americans". She was told very quickly that is she did not settle down and put on a shirt she would not be allowed in the park.
We saw her later without a cover-up. I guess they inforce it going in, but like everrything else the CMs in the park avoid confrontation.I kinda wondered if that might be the case. That's why I sort of couched what I said ... I didn't know what the actual policy was.

Last summer we had a young woman who tried to ride topless. No, no, no! I think she was from Europe.Huh ... remind me to stop by Kali next time I visit Animal Kingdom! ;)

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
04-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I think the cement gets pretty hot at the water parks.

minnie1956
04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I think common sense s/b your guide too.
Just because you would wear something in your back yard doesn 't mean it's appropriate at the Parks. Personally, we're up here in the North, that much skin, showing in that much sun,
OMG can you say Lobster girl.....:blush:

Main Street Jim
04-06-2008, 07:26 AM
When we went to have her photos taken with some of the characters they would not let her cause she was not wearing any shoes.The *official* policy is posted inside every guide map for every Disney theme park. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times while inside the gates of the theme parks. The "rule" on bikinis and bathing suits in general *in the theme parks* is that they are not (supposed to be) permitted. The thing with the bikini tops is that "someone may come up from behind and untie it" (at least, that's what I was taught years ago when I first started working here). With the yonger kids, it's a hygiene thing as well, in and on the ride vehicles. I don't care if it *is* Splash Mountain, you ain't (supposed to be) ridin' in a bathing suit. It's a *water ride*....LOLOLOLOLOL...not a *water PARK*.

Same thing with the "no shoes" thing. If the kid's old enough to walk, s/he needs to have shoes on *at all times* inside the theme parks. Again, a hygiene issue. Stopping and sitting down to relax your tired feet is one thing, staying in one place. Riding around in a stroller, walking around the parks, getting into a ride vehicle, etc. you need to have shoes on. That's the official policy.

crazypoohbear
04-07-2008, 08:15 AM
I would think that it would be a board of health issue if people were walking around the parks without shoes,(the water parks I can see) but WHY would anyone want to walk around without shoes in Disney, your feet kill in good shoes on a good day.
As for the no shirt/bikini tops etc. I guess I'm way too old because I think everyones bits and pieces should be covered. and Lastly, most people I have seen wearing skimpy revealing tops should be arrested for
DWI
Dressing
Without
Instructions

kimommy63
04-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Um,
Maybe I'm just too old and too jiggly and it makes me cranky, but I gets a little bit irritated when I see my 7 year olds eyes bug out of his head:jaw::eek: when he see's some chicks 'twins' out and about in a skimpy bathing suit top. My other pet peeve is the barely there short shorts. I'm not talking about regular shorts. I mean the ones that allow the entire lower half of someone's bottom to hang out and more than likely create a 'toe' on the other side! You know, the ones you expect to see at the 'Bada Bing' club on the Soprano's television show? There have been times that I've wanted to whip out a handi wipe to swab the seat on a ride when I see someone in those type of shorts getting out before me...sorry. I guess I have gotten cranky in my old age.:old:
And as Forrest Gump says, "That's all I have to say about that."
:rocks:

wedway76
04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I’ve tried wearing a bikini top once and the guard stopped me and said “Sir shirts are required inside the park” I was sooooooooooo embarrassed. :blush:

Jasper
04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Um,
Maybe I'm just too old and too jiggly and it makes me cranky, but I gets a little bit irritated when I see my 7 year olds eyes bug out of his head:jaw::eek: when he see's some chicks 'twins' out and about in a skimpy bathing suit top. My other pet peeve is the barely there short shorts. I'm not talking about regular shorts. I mean the ones that allow the entire lower half of someone's bottom to hang out and more than likely create a 'toe' on the other side! You know, the ones you expect to see at the 'Bada Bing' club on the Soprano's television show? There have been times that I've wanted to whip out a handi wipe to swab the seat on a ride when I see someone in those type of shorts getting out before me...sorry. I guess I have gotten cranky in my old age.:old:
And as Forrest Gump says, "That's all I have to say about that."
:rocks:

Don't feel bad, you are not the only one who gets tired of things like this. And for all those who say things like "it's my right to dress the way I want" I say that it's my right not to have to look at you so cover it up!!

just2mickey
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Don't feel bad, you are not the only one who gets tired of things like this. And for all those who say things like "it's my right to dress the way I want" I say that it's my right not to have to look at you so cover it up!!

I agree. I am not old and I feel the same way. I do not want to see another woman's tatas hanging out nor do I want my kids to either. I especially do not want to see another person's underarm hair for that matter.

Main Street Jim
04-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Also keep in mind that Walt Disney World is NOT "public"; it's a PRIVATELY-OWNED BUSINESS that some people feel that they don't have to "follow the rules". Since WDW *is* a business, they can set the "rules" as they see fit, and if a guest fails to follow those rules, Disney can (most of the time) take the appropriate action.

KH
04-08-2008, 09:47 AM
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, I think that a sense of propriety is one of the important things that sets the WDW parks apart from other theme parks. I'm not a prude, but I do wish that people would have the good sense to take a look at their surroundings and understand that their sensibilities might not be appropriate for that particular location. It's really just a question of good manners.

crazypoohbear
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, I think that a sense of propriety is one of the important things that sets the WDW parks apart from other theme parks. I'm not a prude, but I do wish that people would have the good sense to take a look at their surroundings and understand that their sensibilities might not be appropriate for that particular location. It's really just a question of good manners.

I'm not even a man but I get grumpy seeing some of the things that pass for clothing at disney. :(
My youngest son STILL recalls a few years back riding back to the hotel one night.
There was a "lady" riding accross from him. We hit a big bump and she "popped out" of her top. MY son's eyes popped out of his head.
The "lady" gathered up her bits and pieces and stuffed everything back where it belonged.:ack:
Now I know I AM a prude but if you are wearing a top that you can easily "fall out" of and you have no undergarments on then perhaps it's not a good choice for a FAMILY themepark :(

bubbarox
04-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I have to agree totally! Disney is for famlies!! During our last trip in Dec 06 DH and DDs were on EE (I'm a big chicken but that's another story) and we had wanted to purchase the picture of them on the EE. The picture of DH and DDs looked great until DH pointed out the lady right in front of them and asked me "Do you really want that hanging in our living room??? Her top did not cover much.:ack: We were so bummed !!

vorchik
04-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Sorry, but I'm a little bit confused. Is it appropriate for my DD6 to wear one piece swimsuit during the Kali River ride or on the water play area in Ariel's Grotto? We always did this but after this discussion I'm :confused:

crazypoohbear
04-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry, but I'm a little bit confused. Is it appropriate for my DD6 to wear one piece swimsuit during the Kali River ride or on the water play area in Ariel's Grotto? We always did this but after this discussion I'm :confused:

Given that your daughter is 6 and it's a one piece that I'm assuming covers all her bits and pieces I would say that this is fine. If she were 16 wearing a bikini with her parts hanging out, then I would have an issue with it.

WDWdriver
04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
She would be fine at Kali.

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I think you always have to remember there are children around-

Bikini tops are great for me to look at but i wouldnt want my kids to see it- and actually many times the people who wear them, should not be wearing them.

Its always good to think of others when you select your clothes. But many people do not-

it works the other way too-
I always have a laugh when i see person sweating in June with a sports jacket on going on thunder mountain....
Or people who wear dress shoes to the park? why?

I dated a girl once who wore highheels to WDW-
after 45minutes she said- my feet hurt can we go ?
Obviously we didnt date long:)

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 03:39 PM

Yes this is fine- but if you grandmother decided to wear her bra as a bikini, then it would be an issue.:D

DisneyDudet
04-13-2008, 12:56 AM
I get the rules about shirts and shoes, by why not pants? I mean, I find not having pants on a little more offensive.

I guess they can't enforce this rule since Donald and Pooh don't wear pants.

:D

Main Street Jim
04-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Is it appropriate for my DD6 to wear one piece swimsuit during the Kali River ride or on the water play area in Ariel's Grotto? No, because Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Studios are *NOT* water parks. Yes, there are water *rides* and the play areas, but *in* the theme parks (and on their attractions), swimsuits are NOT permitted.

crazypoohbear
04-13-2008, 09:12 AM
No, because Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Studios are *NOT* water parks. Yes, there are water *rides* and the play areas, but *in* the theme parks (and on their attractions), swimsuits are NOT permitted.

Jim, If this is not permitted how come we never see cast members speaking to the "guilty" parties?
I don't see a problem if the parents bring a swim suit for the kiddies and change them into it to play and get wet then change them back into their dry clothes.
I have issuses with the adults walking around in the bikini tops or worst bras letting everything hang out. It is NOT estetically pleasing to the eyes :ack.

So, what's the verdict... as someone who has had "issues" with management do you know why don't they inforce this policy throughout the parks?
Seems like in general either CM's, or Management are picking and chosing which rules and policies to inforce.

Imagineer1981
04-14-2008, 11:30 AM

First..every Six Flags i've ever been to was basically a nudist colony

2nd...Men must wear shirts at all times and CMs do enforce this. With women its a little tougher because they sometimes where skimpier tops, but if its obviously a bikini they are told to cover up

2MuchWDFun
04-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I’ve tried wearing a bikini top once and the guard stopped me and said “Sir shirts are required inside the park” I was sooooooooooo embarrassed. :blush:

Too funny! Thanks for taking me to my laughing place...