PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a resort based on food

RockChalkKimball
04-01-2008, 08:34 PM
We are planning a trip for March 0f 2009. I have a DS who will be 16 at the time. As with most teenage boys, he is very concerned about what we are going to eat while we are there. He wants to stay at the resort that has the best food court. He likes lots of choices. Here are the resorts we are considering:
POR
POFQ
POP
CBR

I have stayed at all of these resorts. We just stayed at PORQ a few months ago and we walked to POR for dinner. So we have a pretty good idea of what they have to offer. However, when I stayed at POP and CBR, I didn't use the food court much, so I don't really remember much about them.
Any thoughts!!

Mickey91
04-01-2008, 08:41 PM
We like the food court at the POP the best. I think it has the most variety since there isn't a TS restaurant there. We also thought the one at CBR was cool:mickey:.

buzznwoodysmom
04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
We stayed at CSR last November and thought the food court (Pepper Market) had tons of options. Lots of variety. There was also a pool bar that served a few items and a TS that was great. We were pleasantly surprised at Maya Grill. I've never heard much about it, but we always dine at the TS places at which ever resort we are staying at, this is the only reason we tried it. It was one of our best meals and it was a nice, quiet, relaxing break from the rest of the places we ate throughout the week. We have family that were there the same time as us and they ate at the Pepper Market at least once a day, they liked it that much!!!

DDuck66
04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
We have always enjoyed the Food Court at POP. There are several different areas with each serving a different selection of food. I think they had some of the best breakfast items available. I loved the Cheese Omelette and the Croissant Breakfast Sandwich (think Burger King, but about twice the size).

Tink2002
04-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I was just going to mention Pepper Market at CSR, but buzznwoodysmom beat me to it!

I know it's not on your list, but if you're looking in the values and moderates it has hands-down the best food court, IMHO, and we've done a lot of resort hopping and eaten at a lot of them!

There are a million choices, you won't ever get sick of the same donut and chicken strips for breakfast and lunch, it really is almost more of a restaurant quality than just a food court. When we've stayed at CSR we would eat dinner there almost every night, we loved it!

Tigerinvestigator
04-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I agree the pepper market at CSR is the best moderate food court. Of the resorts you mentioned, I think they are all very similar and the menus probably won't be different enough to affect your selection.:thumbsup:

Taja
04-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I vote for the food court at Pop Century. But I like my food plain and simple. Not mixed together, not a lot of seasoning, and sauce on the side only. They do have a good selection of different types of foods, but they were very accommodating with my rather eccentric requests. That's as of December 2007.

For the same reason, I did not like Pepper Market at CSR. What little they had that met my criteria was poorly prepared and held too long. That was in 2003--it may have changed by now.

Jared
04-03-2008, 01:42 PM
We like the food court at the POP the best. I think it has the most variety since there isn't a TS restaurant there. We also thought the one at CBR was cool:mickey:.
Of the resorts you mentioned, Pop Century probably has the best food court, but that really shouldn't dictate your decision. If you can afford to stay at a moderate, you should. They definitely are worth the extra money.

Like others have said, Coronado Springs has the best dining choices of all the moderates, so perhaps you should reconsider your list.

:tasty:

joonyer
04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
We haven't stayed at Coronado Springs, but we have been to eat at Pepper Market two times and I also give it the top vote of the value and moderate food courts. Great selection, lots of variety and I'll bet most teenage boys would love it. The resort is beautiful too, and we are planning on staying there on our next hotel visit (going to Fort Wilderness this fall) The Pop Century food court is good too (better than All-Stars), but Pepper Market is tops.

Floridian Yeti
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Here are the resorts we are considering:
POR
POFQ
POP
CBR

I'd rank your list in this order:
1. POP
2. POFQ
3. POR
4. CBR

I like all these food courts, by the way, so I don't think you can really go wrong...

Hope you have a great trip!

dumbo_buddy
04-03-2008, 02:37 PM
POP has a tiedyed cheesecake that makes my mouth water just thinking about it:secret:

RockChalkKimball
04-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks for all the terrific responses. I have never really considered CSR before. I have read posts that say it is really busy when there is a convention being held there and that it is very large. We took a look at the menus at the food court and it they look great! We will have to give it some more thought. Thanks again!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-04-2008, 01:58 PM
:blush: We stayed at Coronado Springs last trip and I will agree they have the best CS options at Peppermarket...you can get anything from Chinese to ribeye steaks, to pizza.....however, I was not impressed with our breakfast at their TS restaurant Maya Grill.