PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Denver...

RoyalRoseBlue
04-01-2008, 12:52 PM
So, my dad had an interview last week and the 2nd to last question they asked him is if he will be willing to relocate to Denver. I'm a East Coast girl and will always be an East Coast girl, but I'm up for the change and the challenge of moving to a new city (if he gets the job). Any Denver people out there that can give me some info about the city? I've been on a few websites, but I'm not getting much from them. I guess, what are all the hot spots to hang out. I'm 26 and my brother will be 21. My other brother will be staying behind to attend school here, but he'll come out during the summer and he will be 19.

Thanks.

Tick-Tock
04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Once people from the East Coast and Midwest get here, most never want to live anywhere else again. You'll probably love the low humidity and the 300 or so days of sunshine each year. They offset the strange weather shifts, especially in March and April (it was about 70 on Saturday, and Sunday we woke to about an inch of snow and 30s; grey yesterday, then today it's sunny and warmer - but more snow by the end of this week!).

One prime area for Denver's bar and party scene is LoDo (lower downtown). Before they built Coors Field on the edge of downtown, the area was kind of rundown, but it was fixed up and now there are lots of bars and restaurants and clubs.

If you're at all interested in outdoors activities, you'll find plenty of groups and clubs to help meet people - rock climbing, skiing/snowboarding, hiking and snowshoeing, biking, running, etc.

RedSoxFan
04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't know anything about Denver; but I want to wish you good luck with the move. I lived in Colorado Springs while in elementary school and remember loving it there and going to Pikes Peak.

RoyalRoseBlue
04-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks for all the info! I'm really hoping my dad gets this job. I'd hate to say it, but I'm beyond ready to get out of this place!

pink
04-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Denver/Colorado is a beautiful place. I'm an East coast girl too so I know it is a big change but it is a great experience. I don't know any cool places to hang out now because I moved away five years ago. However, Denver is a very clean city and if you get the chance you should definitley go out towards the mountains. It is one of the most relaxing experiences you'll ever have. Just outside of Denver is a restaurant called Cosa Bonita. It's a mexican themed restaurant with an arcade and cliff divers and all of these caves you can explore. It is kind of cheesy but it's always fun. I hope everything works out for you!:mickey:

RoyalRoseBlue
04-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks Pink! Yeah, I finally told my boss, so I wouldn't dumb everything on her if my dad does get the job and we have to move, and she said the same thing. It's a clean city and so much to see and do. My mom and I have been looking at real estate out there and every house we've looked at has a great view of the mountians. I'm soooo excited and I really hope he gets the job!

Tick-Tock
04-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions about different areas.

McGoofy
04-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I LOVE Denver. I am on the East Coast too, but we have vacationed in Denver a lot because my husband has had conferences there many times. There's so many great areas near the Denver area. We love everything from Denver to Boulder, Loveland, and Estes Park. Estes Park is similar to Gatlinburg, TN, and it is right at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. I would move to Denver in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. Good luck with your move.

P.S.. No humidity in July and August means no frizzy hair for me!!! :thumbsup: