PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad - old workplace being torn down!

alphamommy
04-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I just got an e-mail from a work friend, and found out that the facility where we worked is being mostly torn down this month.:cry::crying:

I can't say I'm very surprised, because they've been cutting jobs like crazy, and have basically closed things down already.

It's just so sad, because I spent 15 years working there, and met most of my friends there. I still have friends who work there - I don't know what's happening to them.

This probably makes no sense to anyone else, but I feel like my childhood home is being destroyed. I started working there 10 days after graduating from college, and was there until just before DD was born. It was like home.:sadwave:

I need a hug...
Tammy

LauraF
04-01-2008, 12:33 PM
:hug:

I understand. When my middle school was redone I just about cried too and I only spent 4 years there!

MMouse6937
04-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I just got an e-mail from a work friend, and found out that the facility where we worked is being mostly torn down this month.:cry::crying:

I can't say I'm very surprised, because they've been cutting jobs like crazy, and have basically closed things down already.

It's just so sad, because I spent 15 years working there, and met most of my friends there. I still have friends who work there - I don't know what's happening to them.

This probably makes no sense to anyone else, but I feel like my childhood home is being destroyed. I started working there 10 days after graduating from college, and was there until just before DD was born. It was like home.:sadwave:

I need a hug...
Tammy

First of all Tammy, I'm so sorry you're sad :hug: for you.

Secondly, what place is it? I'm from Royal Oak originally and curious what's being torn down back home.

Take care, hang in there!

alphamommy
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
It's what used to be AC Spark Plug in Flint. It's now part of Delphi. I'm not sure how much of the complex they're tearing down, but they're only building a few parts there these days.

Thanks for the hug!
Tammy