PDA

View Full Version : Fun With April Fools

BelleKP
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm the first to admit that I'm not a big fan of April fool's day jokes. Perhaps it's because I'm a teacher and my students are working on me all day, trying to prank me in some way.
Well . . . . I decided this year I was going to get them first!! :secret: I teach grade 6 and my students had a math test today on fractions. All morning they kept asking me "is the test a joke?" and I kept reassuring them that they did in fact have a test to write. Well when the time came I gave them a copy of a grade 8 test instead! What amazed me was that they didn't say a word and they got to work on it right away. I could see them giving each other odd glances but they actually started trying to figure the first question out. I was so proud of my students at that moment, because they were actually trying to do what they were asked. I went next door to grab my colleague to show her what was going on! Finally, after a few moments one of my students spoke up and said "I think I was away when you covered this." Well I couldn't contain myself any longer and I burst out laughing! :laughing:
It was great fun!! :thumbsup: I did give them a test in the end . . . but it was the right one and all of them did well! Thank goodness!
I just hope I don't pay for it later!! :D

DizNee143
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
lol..
good for you..for getting them!!
but if i were you i would keep alook out for the next few days...they may seek revenge!! lol:)

IloveDisney71
04-01-2008, 01:30 PM
As a fellow teacher, I think you came up with a good one! I can just see their faces. :thumbsup:

drummerboy
04-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't think that was well thought out at all. Couldn't you at least find a tenth grade test? :D

BelleKP
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't think that was well thought out at all. Couldn't you at least find a tenth grade test? :D

Funny you should say that. Two of my students decided once they were done their own test, that they would attempt the grade 8 one. One of the two got 88% the other 92%!! I must be a great teacher!! ;)

RedSoxFan
04-01-2008, 08:11 PM
That was a good one.:D

SgtTigger
04-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I must be a great teacher!! ;)

Sarah you might be a great teacher......but....... I think you may have opened a door you would have best left closed....... Oh yea I think you got pay back coming.......

:D

:cop: :tigger:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-01-2008, 10:08 PM
:high5:

Dakota Rose
04-01-2008, 10:25 PM
That's hilarious! :thumbsup:

ncscgirl2005
04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Thats a good one.

I think I have the wrong test every time I sit down to my Trigonometry tests. LOL!!!! Or maybe I was away when the teacher covered that material. :confused: :cool: