PDA

View Full Version : December Dilemma?

elmjimmlm
03-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok here goes...We are planning a trip the last week of December...It will go thru Jan 3...We always go with my brother and his family...We have always gone in the summer but this year we wanted to change things...We have our resvervations and now there are some second thoughts...First, he received a 40% discount for the summer months...Then a few weeks later I received a 20%...As you may have guessed, they cant be used during the time that we will be there...My family still plan on going and my sister in law still wants to go in Dec. too...My brother on the other hand is reading about all the crowds and the parks reaching capacity, how hostile guests are during that time, how hard dining reservations are to get and so on and so on...
Heres the thing...My brother is also an intercotee , and he is on here every day...Please help me convince him that this is not a big mistake and that he will have a great time even with the crowds(I know that you are reading this Scott)...Thanks for all the help:thumbsup:

MsMin
04-01-2008, 08:59 AM
:welcome: I see you joined some time ago but have just decided to post... well congrats on making your first post!
Honestly, It wouldn't be my choice of weeks. I'm sure it will be packed and very difficult at times. We love December but usually leave around the 22nd at the latest.
We all love different things and the crowds can be managed to some extent w/ fast pass and careful planning.
Sounds like you are already committed to these dates. If you are seeing WDW for the first time at Christmas then that's something to enjoy too.
Funny thing is my sister insists on going during peak times. I told her it would be horrible and she still insists that it didn't matter when she went for Thanksgiving and had a great time. She went for Easter and I didn't say a thing and she said it was horrible. So it sounds to me that Scott is helping you to have a great time... if you expect it to be packed and miserable you will be prepared and have a great time....right?
It's your dream... go live it. Hope you and your family have a wonderful time and hope you have a plan to help manage the crowds. :santa3:

DDuck66
04-01-2008, 10:49 AM
We have went over Christmas and while the crowds were heavy, with a good plan it was not too bad. Make sure to take advantage of any EMH and to plan any of your ADR's beforehand. Even with the crowds, there is nothing better than WDW during the Holiday Season. What can be better than the Happiest Time on Earth at the Happiest Place on Earth!!!

#1donaldfan
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
HA HA HA HA !!!!

Your too funny.........We're going, and I do look forward to it......just hope it's manageable and not too busy.......:thumbsup: