PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Cast Member costume?

MaxPower
03-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Cast Members at Walt Disney World have unique costumes depending on their job. I thought I would start this thread asking what costumes people like and why. I like the costumes that the males have to wear at the Haunted Mansion. They truly look like butlers. ( Although they are so intricate, I doubt the Cast members probably like them much- especially in the heat.) What is your favorite WDW costume?

joanna71985
03-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Character attendant!:D

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
The Bellhops in the Hollywood Tower Hotel! I'd pay BIG to own one of those outfits, especially the hat!!

Chris :hatter:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Well, I like the ones from Mansion and Tower as well. Attendant is pretty cool I guess. Pirates is also pretty cool. Great Movie Ride isn't horrible. I would love to wear the kimonos in Japan pavilion. Then again, I love all of our character friends clothes! I'd love to wear Aurora's dress (even the pink one) or Ariel's parade dress!

Cast Members pay big if they lose their costume. I think they said the cost of losing the bellhop costume is around $2,000. And the jacket to Mission:Space was $1,800 alone.

#1donaldfan
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
YOUR KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That much as an incentive to not "loose" it on purpose!!

And just think I was planning on coming down in a couple of years to work .... (after retiring).

I hope my job is "behind" the scenes as to not have an expensive one.

I love the HM and TOT ones the best !!

I think I want to come down and work as Goofy, that costume would stay there, so I don't think I would loose it.....?????? :thumbsup:

yjgirl715
03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Well I'm not normally into the whole "princess" thing, but I would love to have the yellow dress from Belle. I like the others that were mentioned too.

mugley
03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I looove Mickey's Year of a Million Dreams costume!!! The blue and silver...its perfect! I also like Mickey's Fantasmic "outfit"!:smickey:

thejens
03-31-2008, 10:14 PM
I love love love the trolley dancers on Main Street. It is so fun to be walking along and suddenly you are in the middle of a musical with Judy Garland-like girls singing clang, clang, clang, goes the trolley! It just makes me SO happy! :cloud9:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-01-2008, 12:13 AM
The trolley dancers, yes. The rest of Main Street is :sick::ack:

Emporium included. And if I ever find out who designed it....they will get some not so friendly words from me.

Briansmom
04-01-2008, 12:25 AM
I worked as a cast member a hundred years ago.... :rotfl: well, it feels like it :) ... anyway, is it still the same where every shift you pick up your outfit at costuming and turn it in at the end of shift? Of course, it was only MK way back then so I imagine it is extremely different now. (except the fun aspect, of course!)

applecore72
04-01-2008, 08:03 AM
...and my vote goes to the cast members of the HM!They're awesome! :thumbsup:

garymacd
04-01-2008, 09:10 AM
The lascivious pig in me says it's a toss up between Pocahontas and Jasmine.

:thedolls:

elmjimmlm
04-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I guess mine would not be so much the costume itself but what they get to do in it...My vote is for the Dream Team...They have the best job there IMO...How great would it be to get to make others dreams come true...(If one of you are reading this, we will see you in Dec.):blush:

c&d
04-01-2008, 09:45 AM
I like the Haunted Mansion costumes. I also like the costumes worn by the female CM's who do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I just loved those kilts, so 70's.

TheRustyScupper
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
. . .is it still the same where every shift you pick up your outfit at costuming and turn it in at the end of shift? . . .

1) Employee's choice.
2) CM's have the option of turning them in or home-washing them yourself.
3) You can take three costumes and turn them in for washing when you wish.
4) You also have the option of wearing them home or to Walmart.
5) Since the lawsuit, it is legal to wear them off the property.

NOTE: At one time, employees were to pick up their costume and change before work. For this changing time, they were not compensated. A lawsuit said "changing time" had to be paid. So, WDW determined not to pay, and thus, employees get to wear costumes to/from work. You frequently see CM's in costume at restaurants or at Walmart before/after work.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Unless it's a shift you picked up for Extra Hours, then you can bring it home.

Also, Special Events costumes are only issued for 24 hours. They need to be returned the next day.

Kairi_7378
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
My two favorites are the Haunted Mansion and the ToT costumes. My least favorite are the Fantasyland and AK ones.

RoyalRoseBlue
04-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Well, I don't miss my lifeguard "costume" and the tan lines to go with it, so that is not my favorite costume. I do love the haunted mansion and ToT ones! I also love MV3Ds!!!

Imagineer1981
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I have to vote for my old costume...Space Mountain

#1donaldfan
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
After second thought I'd have to vote for Ariel's costume......gotta love it !!!!:thumbsup:

McGoofy
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I loved the costumes that the CM's were wearing for the MVMCP. They were so cute and festive!

Disneywarrior
04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Mission Space costumes are the coolest!

joonyer
04-02-2008, 01:11 PM
HM or ToT CM's have my favorite costumes. (Not counting Characters, of course. Of those Goofy is my fav.)

trackbarroness
04-03-2008, 09:09 AM
For me it will have to be T-land attractions costume and the pirate and princess costumes. :D Too bad I can't wear the pirate costume that the guys wear.
I like the costumes that they wear over at Soarin'. They look totally rad.

murphy1
04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
This is bad, but I remember in middle and HS (70/80's) when my sister and I would go over for the day just laugh at the horrible costumes. It was defintely not an incentive to have Florida people want to work there with long polyester pants in 90 degree summer heat!

MNNHFLTX
04-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I love the Haunted Mansion costumes, although I think they would be dreadfully hot for the cast members who have to work outside the attraction during the summer.

beksy
04-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I agree with the HM and ToT costumes but my favorites are the character costumes. I'd love to be a princess or the Fairy Godmother but I'd think the non-face costumes would get extremelly hot??

Krystal_Rose
04-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Cast Members pay big if they lose their costume. I think they said the cost of losing the bellhop costume is around $2,000. And the jacket to Mission:Space was $1,800 alone.

Just wondering exactly how a person would actually lose a costume if they wore it home.:blush: Maybe I don't want to know the answer to that. hehe. Anyway, I was thinking that if the replacement cost for these costumes is that high then it's probably to make sure the costumes aren't just claimed to be lost. Or in the case of an employee leaving his job and wanting to have a little souvenir, he would also be deterred from that and return it to the park. I'm sure it does cost quite a bit for them to have all of those wonderful costumes made.

My vote goes to the HM costumes for CM. And favorite character costume was Princess Jasmine. She was gorgeous.

MickeyChick
04-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Count me in on the love for the ToT costumes. LOVE THEM!!!

The costumes in Fantasy Land are the worst. The cheesy colored embroidery make me think of bad leiderhosen.

joanna71985
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
The costumes in Fantasy Land are the worst. The cheesy colored embroidery make me think of bad leiderhosen.

Yeah, they are. But you get used to it after awhile.;)

DisneyGiant
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I always liked the animation shirts - with the mickey's - I wish they sold a shirt like that to the general public......

deanna-montana
04-06-2008, 06:40 PM
I really like the guy that leads the carrige rides in MK. Just the simple 'Im going to work at disney' outfit :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-06-2008, 11:29 PM

Have you ever see the Crayola crayon box costume (as it is affectionately called by the CM's of the All-Stars Resorts)?!

That is easily the most hidious thing invented...next to Star Tours costumes or the moo-moo's in AK.

Darin M
04-07-2008, 08:38 AM
The Barbershop quartet. The Dapper Dans. They rock out in their stripes.

AdventurerKim
04-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm dying for an HM maid's costume.

Main Street Jim
04-08-2008, 07:42 AM
The original Grand Prix Raceway Goodyear blue and yellow "jumpsuits" ;)