PDA

View Full Version : Captain Hook Birthday

julyjewel
03-31-2008, 04:07 PM
My son has decided he wants to have a Captain Hook theme for his 6th birthday in May. I have found invites and what not. Does anyone have any suggestions for games or activites. We are going to do a pinata. The party will be a picnic. I'm open to any creative suggestions. Thanks.

Tick-Tock
04-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Some thoughts -

a scavenger hunt for "pirate" items (a patch, a hook, a treasure map, a parrot)

a follow-the-treasure-map quest where the kids can find buried treasure

search for Peter's shadow

pin the __ on ___ (tail on Nana, hook on Captain Hook, hat on Smee, clock on Tick-Tock, whatever)

Make a pirate flag activity (can use foam board or colored paper, have them draw or color a skull and cross bones)

Get/make a fancy hat like Hook's and play a version of musical chairs, except the kids pass the hat, and whoever has it when the music stops is out

biodtl
04-01-2008, 11:52 AM
My daughter had a Princess/Pirate party and the boys played Pin the Patch on the Pirate (the girls pinned a kiss on the frog). They also made necklaces from "gold" nuggets, beads and coins.

I found costumes at the dollar store for anyone who didn't wear their own.

I made treat bags for the boys using pirate drawstring backpack I found really cheap, and filled them with pirate gear (also cheap - all from oriental or ebay).

The kids all loved it, and it was nice that the boys didnt have to do all the princess stuff.