PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations Tour???

KCMom
03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted. We went to WDW in February and it was one of our best trips yet!

Anyway...I seem to recall one of the offered tours used to be centered around the holiday decorations. I think you visit all four parks and maybe the behind the scenes location. It was only offered during the holiday season (makes sense). Is this still offered? I can't find any info on this. Maybe I dreamt it or made it up in my nutty little brain. If it does exist, can someone please point me in the right direction???

Also, if we visit very early January, can we still see the majority of holiday decorations? Particularly the Osbourne lights?

Thanks all. Beth:mickey:

ibrowse17
03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
They do have that tour, and while I am not 100% on the name, it is the Yuletide something something. The Osborne lights go dark on or about the 6th of Jan, so the earlier the better for a Jan trip. As far as the other decorations go, it almost seems like they start to slowly fade away right after Christmas day. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

Check this for the tours:
http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/tours.asp

dizneeat
03-31-2008, 03:19 PM
This is called the Yuletide Fantasy tour. We took it last year and I would not recommend it. It takes you to the WS and you walk around while it is still closed (you can see all this during the day), then they take you to MGM where you see the Osbourne Lights but NO lights on. They take you to the EMPTY christmas warehouse, where there is barely anything to see! They whisk you in and out of the GF so fast you don't even have a chance to get close to the Gingerbread house and walk you down Main Street in the end.
We were NOT impressed (we have done a lot of tours and LOVED each and every one of them so far, but not this one)
If you need more detailed info it is on my homepage (WDW, Dec 08)

Shugoondola
03-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Also, if we visit very early January, can we still see the majority of holiday decorations? Particularly the Osbourne lights?

The weekend after New Year's day is the last for the Osbourne lights. I was at WDW from January 8-12 this year and although the lights were still up, they did not light them. :mad:
We were told that we just missed them.

Some of the other decorations were still up early in the week, but by the end of our vacation pretty much everything was down. There were very few decorations at MK even in the beginning.

:mickey:

KCMom
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info. My parents are probably going early December and I was going to recommend the tour. If it's not great, then I won't mention it. Their sole reason for going is the decorations. My mom is a nut for Christmas decorations.

I was thinking about early January, but it looks like it's not in the cards for me. Oh well...

I appreciate your responses. Have a great day! beth

senderella
04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
My mom went on the Yuletide tour this past Dec. She and her two girlfriends loved it! They go to WDW every year in Nov/Dec and the holiday decorations are a big hit for them. They were not disappointed in the tour and apparently there was alot to see. Of course, we don't have any "behind the scene" pics, but they were never bored.

Just a quick tip if you are still planning on going, you can get discounted tickets through AAA.