PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Dine for VERY Special Dinner

sneezyone
03-31-2008, 01:09 PM
in September, DH and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary at Disney! We're staying at AKL and I want this dinner to be something phenominal.

One caveat....the dinner cannot have chicken...I'm highly allergic...

So I was thinking may be albert and victorias...but I've not been there...

any suggestions?

ibrowse17
03-31-2008, 01:47 PM
I would suggest either Artist's Point at the WL, or the Yatchsman Steakhouse at the Yatch Club. Have a great meal:thumbsup:

KineGirl
03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
I would have to recommend Jikos right at AKL! A little more casual than V & A but If youve not eaten there its amazing to say the least. Its Disneys highest ranked restaurant and having eaten at most I have to agree that its tops. You could have a fabulous intimate window table where you can watch the sunset on the savannah or you could request the chefs counter (my favorite). It has a more adult atmosphere & menu than most other restaurants. Then after you can either take your drink from the restaurant or grab one from the beautiful bar and find a private spot by the huge fireplace right in the lobby or back to your balcony.

LOL Ive talked myself into it!
Congrats!!

wendy*darling
03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Victoria and Albert's is indeed a VERY special dinner. It is located in the Grand Floridian. There is a dress code here: the gentlemen must wear at least jacket (a suit is preferred) and the ladies are to wear "nice" clothing (a dress or nice slacks and top are OK, but you will see cocktail dress, gowns, etc. as well).
Dinner is currently $125/person, and $185/person including the wine pairings. (add tax and gratuity to that ;)).

If you are looking for something a little less "special" (read: expensive) but still wonderful- consider any of Disney's Signature Dining locations. Some favorites include California Grill (at the top of the Contemporary), Citricos (right next door to V&A's at the Grand Floridian), Artist Point (at the Wilderness Lodge) or Jiko (right at your resort- AKL). If you are in the park you might consider Bistro de Paris - hidden away upstairs at the France Pavilion in Epcot- small and intimate.
If you like seafood- consider Fulton's at Downtown Disney.

Samples of the menus from all of these places and more can be viewed in InfoCentral.

Any restaurant on Disney property will do whatever they can to accommodate any food allergies or other dietary restrictions you may have. You should have them note this on all of your ADRs when you make them (along with your anniversary) and call each restaurant a couple days in advance to speak with the chefs. That way they can have ingredients on hand to make your meals special for you.

Have fun choosing- and Happy Anniversary! :party:

jwallace378
03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I will suggest the Yachtsmans Steakhouse at Y&BC

AllDisney
03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I would suggest Jiko or Artist Point. We have eaten at both and enjoyed them both very much. They are both restaurants that are on our lists when vacationing at WDW.

sillyolbear
03-31-2008, 03:26 PM
I would recommend one of the Signature restaurants and be sure to tell the cast member who takes your ADR that it is your 10th anniversary. You never know what magical thing might happen.

SBETigg
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Victoria and Albert's is top notch and you are most unlikely to encounter children there- a new policy forbids them under a certain age. It's pricey but well worth it. A very special experience.

Disney Signature Dining is not quite up to V & A's posh standards, but you can get a wonderful meal with fewer children present at any of the Signature restaurants. Bistro de Paris doesn't have a children's menu, so if you opt not to do V & A, that may be the next thing. I also love California Grill and Narcoossee's. Jiko is a good choice at the AKL. Flying Fish draws great reviews.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
We love Narcoosee's, and are headed back there in November to celebrate our thirtieth....If you make your ressie for right when they open, you can probably get to sit on the side by the windows--it's a great place to watch Wishes, and they pipe the sound in! Awesome!:cloud9:Delicious, too!

Natazu
03-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Victoria & Albert's for a 10th wedding anniversary, no contest. Just tell them you're allergic to chicken. They'll take care of it.

offwego
04-01-2008, 08:23 AM
While I'm sure Jym's right if the budget doesn't fit we did Citrco's for ours and even with free dining didn't find it crowded or noisy in any way.

They had prepared personalized menu's for us which was very sweet. Make sure to mention the allergy when making your adr's and you should be able to call ahead if you want to discuss since I imagine chicken stock would also be an issue. The chef's take allergies quite seriously so that wouldn't be a problem

Citrco's doesn't have the lure of fireworks that cali grill and narcosse's offer and this does fight down the numbers that go. We really enjoy it.:mickey:

c&d
04-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Victoria and Albert's hands down. We celebrated our 10th anniversary with a dinner there. We were lucky enough to get the Chef's Table, it was truly a once in a lifetime dinner.

katzctkpt
04-01-2008, 10:16 AM
There are several places to choose from.
The Cali Grill, Artist Point, V&A, Yatchsman, Narcoose, Fulton's, many many more to choose. I would say the Cali Grill late and watch the fireworks over MK.

mdricks
04-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Cali grill. If fireworks are set for 9pm get an 8:20-8:30 table. Tell em its your anniversary and ask for a table by the window. They dim the lights and pipe in the music during wishes.

Very romantic, if i was single in Orlando I would have a standing reservation.

:wine::fworks::hug:

hlkeck
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at V & As this past September. We were lucky enough to reserve the Chef's Table. If you can do this = DO IT! It is truly a once-in-a-lifetime dining experience. We were sad that we had to go back to eating hamburgers and fries after such a wonderful experience.

At the chef's table, you are truly treated as special. The chef comes and speaks with you between each course. We actually got to try a little of EVERYTHING on the menu for the evening. It was about 11 courses, I think.

I was chilly and my husband went to give me his jacket -- our dedicated server stopped us and said 'we have shawls for the ladies'. Every bite was perfection and I wished the evening would have lasted forever. It was exactly the kind of experience you would want for a 10 year anniversary. I called exactly 6 months ahead at 6 am and got the reservation!