PDA

View Full Version : Park Capacity ?? too..

#1donaldfan
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I've seen some pretty busy times at the parks...we normally go in June / July.....I can't imagine them being much busier....

If the park closes due to capacity how do you move in the parks, and what kind of ride times to expect....

Is it just a waste of time to go and then just stand in seemingly endless lines to ride maybe one / two rides a DAY???:confused::confused:

Jasper
03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
You certainly do have a point about doing a lot of waiting in line on a day like that. However, the problem is that you won't know in advance if you are going to have a "capacity" day.

The best thing to do is to get to the parks early, try to cover as many attractions as you can and then if the park gets crazy go do something else. Days like this are a great reason to spring the extra cash for park hopper passes. And don't forget, a day like that is also a good day to just find a bench to relax on and do some serious "people watching."

#1donaldfan
03-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah, your right......we do the hopper passes all the time....couldn't do Disney without 'em..

People watching is a fun thing to do...you can see some real "characters" out there....and not the Disney ones either !!!!:thedolls:

KineGirl
03-31-2008, 01:47 PM
For the past 5 years we have made a trip in July and yes the parks are crazy busy but we still have yet to miss a ride we wanted to be on. It looks like your a vet so take advantage of what you know about the parks (ie. the layouts, dont waste time on rides you could care less about, get fps for rides like Soarin, Safari, Kali River, etc.. as soon as possible). You already know how awesome the park hoppers are. And def take advantage of EMHs. I find that you can get more done during night EMHs but then thats just my opinion and we stay out til they close. Alot of ppl go with little children who run out of steam around 10pm if not earlier. :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
03-31-2008, 02:10 PM
I remember one X mas day. I wont say I would never do it again (just being there is magic in itself), but it was crazy!! MK shut the entrance at 10:00am!! Tempers were flaring also. On Christmas!!! Had to give kudos to many CMs dealing with "jerks".:mickey:

Imagineer1981
03-31-2008, 02:39 PM
:ill:I would skip the park on that day...for sure

elmjimmlm
03-31-2008, 02:47 PM
If you have to know how of what is going on in the parks I think that you will have a great time even with the crowds...:thumbsup:

MOJoe
04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
The most crowded i've seen MK was one day after Christmas, a few years back. It took all day to see Fantasy Land and Haunted Mansion. By all day i mean 14 hours. It was "fun" but i am not inclined to do it again.

Marilyn Michetti
04-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I HATE the crowds ! When you're navigating an ECV, all you see on a busy day are the backs of people's legs. The crowd doesn't see me either.

We go the first week in Dec. - it's not as crazy.:thumbsup:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-04-2008, 10:45 AM
We went the day after Christmas about 10 years ago and it was CRAZY! The park opened at 9 and we got there a few minutes after that. All the strollers and wheelchairs were gone and the park was closed due to capacity around 11. It was OK and neat to be there but the lines were ridiculous. Even fast loading rides like small world was 1 hour. It was so crowded by mid afternoon you could tell that people were getting frustrated and the crowds started to thin down. It was a cool experience but never again.